Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Welp, I've tried all sorts of things to calm people down. Reasonable statements and sarcasm doesn't seem to work, and I suspect people will just start panicking like chickens with their heads cut off a bit later in the morning.

I've been with this thread through the whole night (just not really feeling tired, plus I want to keep an eye on things). But I have to catch a bus in 4 hours which means I sort of need to leave in 3. So yeah, have to be heading off now.

I got u letter, I'll stay on for a little and try to help out a little bit.

Welp, I've tried all sorts of things to calm people down. Reasonable statements and sarcasm doesn't seem to work, and I suspect people will just start panicking like chickens with their heads cut off a bit later in the morning.

I've been with this thread through the whole night (just not really feeling tired, plus I want to keep an eye on things). But I have to catch a bus in 4 hours which means I sort of need to leave in 3. So yeah, have to be heading off now.

You did your best.

This continuing to spin out of control could have easily been remedied by a prompt response from DE explaining the situation. I'm not assuming anything until we have an official statement, but seeing this continue for 16+ hours reminds me just how much most of the game industry really SUCKS at communicating with their communities. I hoped that DE had learned something from U13 being delayed and the controversy caused by the lack of official comments back then, but this is many times worse and every minute that passes without a proper explanation will further damage their reputation.

I got u letter, I'll stay on for a little and try to help out a little bit.

I appreciate the sentiment, but the Tulzbot9000 should be waking up from sleep mode right around now. The fellows from across the pond will likely start becoming active in just a bit as well.

This is the face of a sleepy Dogeer

Wearing a human mask

70f86e06b6ae3a6df622870690fd66ce.png

You guys really need more moderators. It would be a lot easier if someone at DE would step forward to quell all this panic, but seeing as they didn't learn their lesson the last time the community went nuts and they coulda said something about it.

Or, you know, DE could have simply made an announcement, squashing every 'baseless rumor' that spread.

Or you know, they probably found out through us or is trying to get as much info as possible. Remember, They're still developing the game ontop of trying to deal with us ontop of trying to get information about what exactly is going on.

In many ancient traditions dieing in battle even though you lost brings great honor to your people. I for one believe in this and I will refuse to just be a coward and just run away. War is rough, even in the sight of certain defeat you must be prepared to sacrifice yourself for the cause.

Keeping DE afloat instead of tanking is that. If we lose, we walk away that's it. That should be in everyones thoughts when they see this situation. Don't be prepared to just leave right now. Enjoy the game in the mean time.

^I prefer the "live to fight another day" philosophy. "Honor" and "sacrifice" got millions killed, wonder how many they saved. Not that many surely. Luckily no one will die here. Hopefully.^^'

Agreed though, can't just bail now.

Well if this was just a hoax by Sumpo then DE could have, you know, said something that diffuses the rumors instead of staying silent as if they were scared of telling us the bad news

So what should they say?

Unfortunately most people aren't going to read anything rational in here, instead preferring to log in, spout rubbish about how they're abandoning the game even before anything is confirmed and then leave. 

You keep saying this. I don't think you completely understand the side of the people worried about this.

By proclaiming the community stance right here, right now, DE knows what the people think of it. Given what we've seen from PW and PWE, they LOVE murdering MMOs under their control, and they love getting majority stock, and thus control, of the companies they "assist". PW does NOT have a good track record here. At all. And some of us are veterans of PW/PWE's actions, so we know how bad it can get.

Now, DE has every right to say no to any and all requests for shares on PW's part, because we know that the documents sent to DE's legal team isn't binding, so by all means, DE can freely back out. If they see that the community doesn't like it, then they can A) assure us that PW isn't going to get control of the company, or B) be influenced by the community decision. You, Letter, are acting like DE will balk at the community response and go "Well, it's over anyway, time to bail out", when there's equal, if not greater chance that they'll say "Well, the community has our back if we say no."

You're thinking black-and-white here, when in terms of how the community sees it, it's very gray. If DE can clear the air, it would help a lot, but you're acting like this entire thing is a detriment, when most of us here will whole-heartedly support DE if they don't go forward with the deal. But given the silence, plus PW's track record in terms of companies they've bought stock in, it's not looking good.

Now, there IS a chance that it's all for nothing and that they'll just buy minimum stock and whatnot and there's just overreaction. But we have evidence of PW's actions regarding companies they've bought, plus, just because the community is in an uproar doesn't mean that DE is automatically going to bail out. PW can't force DE's hand because nothing's binding right now, as far as we know, so I don't see how exactly this furvor is "softening up" DE.

A fair point. You speak well.

I appreciate the sentiment, but the Tulzbot9000 should be waking up from sleep mode right around now. The fellows from across the pond will likely start becoming active in just a bit as well.

Wearing a human mask

You need more sleepless moderators from Australia

Ones with Starcraft-related usernames

*cough cough*

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Or, you know, DE could have simply made an announcement, squashing every 'baseless rumor' that spread.

I haven't been following this thread really so I wasn't running about concerned, however, the above sounds about right.

Don't blame the community because it's to be expected. DE were aware but still nothing was posted sooner i.e. an announcement, to try and calm things down sooner.

Edited by Naith

Yes the news is a cause for concern, but until any official announcements are made by DE,  which I don't think they are at liberty to do at this moment , possibly due to legal reasons and since the deal is real (if this were to be a troll thread, they would've locked this down long ago)and most important of all, no decision whatsoever is made as of now. 

The best we can do is protest in the forums, hopefully changing DE's minds on the subject at hand, and play the game as per normal while waiting for a response from DE. Stop bashing DE who can't even defend themselves at this moment.

Don't lose your faith in DE yet, nothing is proven yet as of now.
It's time like these that we should support DE even more, and brave through this as a community.

Support the game, support the DE you trust in .

Stay strong, Tenno.   

Edited by Neah

Phobose, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

In many ancient traditions dieing in battle even though you lost brings great honor to your people. I for one believe in this and I will refuse to just be a coward and just run away. War is rough, even in the sight of certain defeat you must be prepared to sacrifice yourself for the cause.

Keeping DE afloat instead of tanking is that. If we lose, we walk away that's it. That should be in everyones thoughts when they see this situation. Don't be prepared to just leave right now. Enjoy the game in the mean time.

Sure, i could be prepared to sacrifice myself, but then again. Do you honestly think it makes a difference? There's no way we can help DE ''Keep afloat'' If PW gets a grip, it's a game over. If it happens, it happens. We can't do anything.

Wearing a human mask

Phobos feels what the dogeer feel

No seriously im tired

Dont believe me? click again

One more time 5:41 am\

eZ46XlU.jpg

ouo I think we are at a turning point :D when people start to realize that if we dont stay strong with DE ...then we will crumble..... 

though yeah ...gotta stay strong till we cant stay strong anymore .... 

but if they do sell out ...rage quit

So I am pretty sure they can't say too much about the deal to the public without PWE/Sumpo Foods consent and some laws in Canada also protect some of this info as well I think? I talked to a friend who is into stocks and that's pretty much what he said about it after reading some of the links. He also laughed about Sumpo Foods being a tax dodge being incorporated in the Cayman Islands.

Yes the news is a cause for concern, but until any official announcements are made by DE,  which I don't think they are at liberty to do at this moment , possibly due to legal reasons and since the deal is real (if this were to be a troll thread, they would've locked this down long ago)and most important of all, no decision whatsoever is made as of now. 

The best we can do is protest in the forums, hopefully changing DE's minds on the subject at hand, and play the game as per normal while waiting for a response from DE. Stop bashing DE who can't even defend themselves at this moment.

Don't lose your faith in DE yet, nothing is proven yet as of now.

It's time like these that we should support DE even more, and brave through this as a community.

Support the game, support the DE you trust in .

Stay strong, Tenno.  

I'm not bashing DE. I'm bashing PWE/Sumpo. I love DE, that's why I'm bashing. Not them. The other ones. The "evil" ones. I support DE, haven't stopped playing. I'm not running around like a headless chicken (overused this one... need another^^), which also means I'm not throwing any money until I know what's going on. It's only logical.^^

The warframe trailer starring Alad V is chillingly pertinent. DE, if you care about your own future, don't do this. If you care about your game, don't do this, and if you care about us, who invested our time and money into your project, don't do this. You might get an initial swell of money, but you won't be making any more when the vast majority of us leave because of this, because the casuals will for the most part stay casual, you don't make money from them. Just look at what PW has done in the past to other F2P games that are actually good. Mark my words, PW will chop you up and auction you off to the highest bidder, without a single care for what you want this game to become.

Sure, i could be prepared to sacrifice myself, but then again. Do you honestly think it makes a difference? There's no way we can help DE ''Keep afloat'' If PW gets a grip, it's a game over. If it happens, it happens. We can't do anything.

It always makes a difference

Just like smoking my Electronic Cigarette helped me quit smoking

SunvEFD.jpg

So I am pretty sure they can't say too much about the deal to the public without PWE/Sumpo Foods consent and some laws in Canada also protect some of this info as well I think? I talked to a friend who is into stocks and that's pretty much what he said about it after reading some of the links. He also laughed about Sumpo Foods being a tax dodge being incorporated in the Cayman Islands.

Possibly.