Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nazi Symbol In Warframe

Kostja08

Yes but with this brought to light it should be changed. DE has no shortage of artists and there's no reason to reuse that symbol if it is indeed related to nazism.

Although I've never seen or heard of this symbol either.

The wolfsangel symbol didn't originate with the Nazis. The 45-degree tilted swastika did, although other swastikas were around before them.

Really, though, I don't think the Corpus give a crap about peoples' feelings. They're the CORPUS. The nicest Corpus we've met so far has been Darvo, and even he is a scheming snake-in-the-grass at best.

So, Nudist Beach was onto something then?

I'm really tempted try to get my clan name changed to Nudist Beach.  The guy who set it up spelt the current name wrong anyway so it needs changed and I'm curious how long it would take for anyone else to notice.

DAMMIT.

Well, Nazis never had Bombard power armor. I think I'm safe.

Enclave=Fallout Nazis.

And we all know that Enclave use some advanced MK 2 Power Armors. Also, they use Missile Launchers. YOU ARE NOT SAFE! :)

First of all, symbology is subjective.  It might not have been inspired by what you think inspired it.

Second, actually if it were inspired by a Panzer division (ie, Nazis), then it would be appropriate for the Grineer, who are pretty much racial supremacists to start with.

+1

Jeez stop being so quick to make assumptions, while it's coincidental you have to consider that it could always be unintentional.

-snip-

actually, that symbol you're referencing is only the symbol of one of the Armored Vehicular Divisions that were used by Germany.

zero direct connection to Nazi's - it is simply a symbol of one of the organized groups of German Military.

the only symbols recognized as representative of the Nazi party are the Iron Eagle, the Swastika, and the symbol of the Waffen SS.

the rest are symbols of Germany. 

calm down.

Edit:

improper capitalization of important names! D:

Edited by taiiat

People are stupid in general. If something was used by Nazis, that doesnt mean that symbol is bad.

Swastika is old Roman symbol, and inverted Swastika is good luck charm in Asia culture. Just because something is used by some evil empire in history, doesnt automatically means that symbol is bad by itself. It is up to people and what that symbol associates them with.

^THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

It baffles me how stupid people can be when it comes to symbology. The Swastika is the PERFECT example. It was PERVERTED by the nazis. Now if you use it you're basically a neo-nazi. Because people have no idea what they're talking about most of the time and won't look further than their noses. It's this ignorance/stupidity that allows movements like the neo-nazis to thrive in some regions. They use fear of what's alien to control opinion. And the masses are only as smart as the dumbest element of the group...

Edited by Marthrym

So, Nudist Beach was onto something then?

Let us Liberate ourselves from the Bigotry and burn your Clothes.

If you don't burn your Clothes, you are an Evil Nazi-Communist-Vegan-Zombie.

They eat Tofu Brains and think that Lenin was an A-Okay guy.

About the only thing this proves is that some Corpus symbols are taken from old German runes. Clearly its a Wolfsangel since the line through the "N" is not bent. It's not uncommon for nations to take runes as a symbol of their group or nation particularly from ancient German or Viking civilizations since it was believed that runes had power. Basically displaying a rune is sort of the same deal as having a lucky rabbits foot (in the case of runes, a good portion were believed to bestow more or different things then luck, such as great strength or victory in battle, or unification.).

Wikipedia has a solid article for anyone interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runes

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive