Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Mods Do You Hate That Everyone Uses?

zooke90909

Just like the title says. What mod/mods do you hate that everyone else seems to love?

For me it is Quick Return on a Glaive/Glaive Prime. It seems like most people love having a one bounce Glaive, but I love having my Glaive Prime having a long throw time.

Welp, thanks for reading, commenting, Subscri... I mean...

Edit: Okay, I don't mean what mod you hate just because others love it. I just meant what mod that you dislike/hate, yet everyone seems to love it.

Edited by zooke90909

Any of the Bane Mods because I love having weapons have thier own lore with my clan and character, so each one is similar to certain weapons of similar origins in modding and colors, so I view having Bane/ specilized combos to be a bit worthless in my eyes. Though im a bit crazy for that.

Just one: Rush. I despise the rush mod, especially on speed Rhinos. Either the rush player speeds ahead and takes all the fun, or rushes ahead, dies, and then complains about us 'slowpokes' not reviving him. 

THIS

Just one: Rush. I despise the rush mod, especially on speed Rhinos. Either the rush player speeds ahead and takes all the fun, or rushes ahead, dies, and then complains about us 'slowpokes' not reviving him. 

Hm, that does sound like a problem. Try equipping rush.

( :P )

Rush. One of the most stupidly overrated mods in the game.

I mean, sure, it helps with catching up with groups, but I already use melee weapons (Amphis, Bo Prime) that can do that just fine on any Frame out there. What I expected from Rush is a sprint boost that's actually applicable to combat, but nope, nothing. Slow-@$$ Frost stays slow-@$$ no matter how you mod him. No bullet-dodging for me.

We really need a mod that boosts walking speed. That, or just make Rush apply to walking as well as sprinting.

EDIT:

Oh, and Crimson Dervish.

Sure, you deal triple damage per swing, but going in stanceless or with Iron Phoenix makes you attack more than twice as fast (around 70% of CD's DPS; more if you use Iron Phoenix's second combo) without making your speed match that of a dead crab.

Edited by SortaRandom

i'm.... not sure i feel this way about an..... oh i got one.

Magnum Force.

y'all know that Mod is garbage, right? unless you only want your gun to be less Accurate, it's useless.

Truly, I just hate Sanctuary. It's not as durable as people seem to believe it is, and they get downed believing they would be able to revive you in a crowd of enemies.

seems like a pretty simple deal to know how much Damage the Enemies are dealing, and how long you have after Sanctuary breaks before you'll take a lot of Damage.

but honestly, it's a Sentinel, after you put on the basic Precepts, and Survivability, you have space for ALL of the unique niche Sentinel Mods on, so why not, right?

or just make Rush apply to walking as well as sprinting.

maybe that's a good idea.

Edited by taiiat

-snip-

Movement and it's speed are quite important passively, even if it appears to not be that way. With Rush, and especially in endless missions, I'm able to get out of a sticky situation with a Heavy Gunner and her friends by kicking her in the face and flying halfway across the room before she can say 'skuum' (I realize they do not say this). If I had low mobility, I would've likely been gunned down and filleted to be extra crispy. 

I understand this is not what most players use it for, but I find it easier to survive with it equipped.

I'll join onto the Rush hate train. I used to love it first few weeks of playing simply because I didn't know of coptering or handy movement system tricks and thus had problems keeping up with groups. Now I find it really unnecessary even if I want to completely speed run the level. And people using it make me wonder why I didn't put the session into solo/private almost every time. 

Edited by zoffmode

People also have to keep in mind, maybe someone is speed running because RNG is being a B@#%^ and they're tired of seeing the same exact tileset over and over I (Refer to Sgt. Ruk Orokin Cell farming if you think you've never speed ran). I personally speed run when it gets super monogamous, and really if it's not a new tileset, why would i waste time seeing stuff I've seen over and over?  The Void desperately needs a new tileset as the rooms are implanted into my mind. Sorry to vent, but i just don't like it when people say they hate speed runners, but choose to still PUG matches, and not to mention they have no idea how many times that person has ran that specific node or Key.

I don't really like Thunderbolt. In my experience it is a waste of space and it introduces a tendency for your weapon to fail you in a pinch that doesn't end up amounting to much use.

However, there is no Mod in the game I hate purely because people use them. The mods I can't stand are all the completely worthless ones. It is ridiculous and melodramatic to care so much about an allies build that you could ever hate a mod over it.

Movement and it's speed are quite important passively, even if it appears to not be that way. With Rush, and especially in endless missions, I'm able to get out of a sticky situation with a Heavy Gunner and her friends by kicking her in the face and flying halfway across the room before she can say 'skuum' (I realize they do not say this). If I had low mobility, I would've likely been gunned down and filleted to be extra crispy. 

I understand this is not what most players use it for, but I find it easier to survive with it equipped.

I'm not saying it's useless, but I don't find it to be worth equipping since what I've come to expect from "Speed Boost" items in other shooting games is a boost to my ability to hold W, A, or D and shoot at the same time. Sliding aside, Rush doesn't offer that.

I spend more of my time walking and shooting than anything else during combat. While it is useful and a survival-improver for sure, there are numerous mods out there that I feel are more worthy of that slot. Stamina recovery, for instance, since that'll let you sprint-jump out of crowds if you accidentally get yourself surrounded while spamming E. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

I don't really like Thunderbolt. In my experience it is a waste of space and it introduces a tendency for your weapon to fail you in a pinch that doesn't end up amounting to much use.

However, there is no Mod in the game I hate purely because people use them. The mods I can't stand are all the completely worthless ones. It is ridiculous and melodramatic to care so much about an allies build that you could ever hate a mod over it.

This sums up my thoughts on the issue perfectly.

Edited by AsagiBoogers

Probably need more people seeing this:

Edit: Okay, I don't mean what mod you hate just because others love it. I just meant what mod that you dislike/hate, yet everyone seems to love it.

Hell, even before the edit, there was nothing to suggest that OP was asking about mods that you hated because others use them.