The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts And You

DE_Adam

Blade storm spamming is just such a $#*(@ move.

I agree, especially since it goes through barriers into what should be a safe spawn area. Even the attacker's spawn area in the first stage should be protected, and yet it's out in the open where everyone can spawn camp. Of course, providing only one or two ways into the next area is an excellent choke point for defenders and/or attackers to spam skills or just trap/spam weapons fire at. I mean, sure, you could exploit back against people who choose to exploit by coming equipped similarly to them, but it'd be so much better to fix the problem so you don't have all Mirages with Pentas/Angstrums/etc. or Ashes Blade Storming, or Vaubans laying a huge mine field across the barrier entrance at a spawn point, etc.

It can be so cheap sometimes it might put someone in the mood for some $.49 tacos or something.

Edited by CedarDpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dark Sector Conflicts give the illusion, in the mission completion of having given you mods, but they really don't.  The method they use for unlocking mods as you rank up makes it appear that you are getting mods at the end of a mission, but if you look carefully you'll realize that they are only the mods you already had equipped.

Edit:  Misspelled.

Edited by Vitalis_Inamorta

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I see it there are two ways they can bring back Dark Sector conflicts.

1) You bring it back in a similar capacity as the former conflicts were aka you allow for the warframes to really be able to utilize their abilities and allow access to all warframes and all weapons etc. However many people complained that this version was unbalanced so we have the current conclave PVP that they are constantly trying to....drum roll.....balance lol.

So now...

2) You allow for a more PVP conclave rail. But the only way I feel like a PVP rail can truly be made balanced is to make it limited like a Call of Duty game. Meaning your Warframes need to not have insta-death abilities, and you mostly rely on your guns, and your guns need to also be limited to a certain degree. You also should be allowed to parkour less (yes, there I said it). I know a lot of people are going to be like, then why don't you go play Call of Duty, and that's my point COD has been such a successful series because it's a PVP that works.

As it stands the current PVP Conclave is better than the PVP Conclave before parkour 2.0. The overall movement feels for fluid however it is a far-cry from a truly enjoyable PVP experience. It's only fun within the context of Warframe PVPs but you take it out of the box and compare it to many other PVPs, this thing falls flat on it's face.

Finally I'd like to point out the absolute BEST thing about the old rails (at least for me) wasn't the actual PVPing. Like I already said, many games do PVP better than Warframe. But what made Warframe unique and awesome was the 3 objectives you had to achieve on top of fighting the other players. The objectives made the PVP more tactical and it gave you a purpose out there on the field. Without the objectives the PVP isn't that great. I hope in whatever version of new Rails they roll-out there wills till be like 3 objectives through-out the conflict for you to accomplish. Or perhaps more complicated objectives for you to accomplish on top of the fighting.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

As far as I see it there are two ways they can bring back Dark Sector conflicts.

1) You bring it back in a similar capacity as the former conflicts were aka you allow for the warframes to really be able to utilize their abilities and allow access to all warframes and all weapons etc. However many people complained that this version was unbalanced so we have the current conclave PVP that they are constantly trying to....drum roll.....balance lol.

So now...

2) You allow for a more PVP conclave rail. But the only way I feel like a PVP rail can truly be made balanced is to make it limited like a Call of Duty game. Meaning your Warframes need to not have insta-death abilities, and you mostly rely on your guns, and your guns need to also be limited to a certain degree. You also should be allowed to parkour less (yes, there I said it). I know a lot of people are going to be like, then why don't you go play Call of Duty, and that's my point COD has been such a successful series because it's a PVP that works.

As it stands the current PVP Conclave is better than the PVP Conclave before parkour 2.0. The overall movement feels for fluid however it is a far-cry from a truly enjoyable PVP experience. It's only fun within the context of Warframe PVPs but you take it out of the box and compare it to many other PVPs, this thing falls flat on it's face.

Finally I'd like to point out the absolute BEST thing about the old rails (at least for me) wasn't the actual PVPing. Like I already said, many games do PVP better than Warframe. But what made Warframe unique and awesome was the 3 objectives you had to achieve on top of fighting the other players. The objectives made the PVP more tactical and it gave you a purpose out there on the field. Without the objectives the PVP isn't that great. I hope in whatever version of new Rails they roll-out there wills till be like 3 objectives through-out the conflict for you to accomplish. Or perhaps more complicated objectives for you to accomplish on top of the fighting.

The balance issue, for me at least, was not that we had access to the full range of mods, frames, weapons, and abilities. It was that you spawn in at rank 0 with your mods and abilities mostly disabled.

You gained ranks and gained access to your stuff as you killed, not unlike a moba. Like a moba, this allowed teams to get a few extra kills by taking out freshly joined players and then absolutely steamroll for the rest of the match.

My last Dark Sector match included a few people loading in mid match, myself included, and being able to do roughly 45 damage with a forma'd Dread. Then we witnessed the horror that is Snowglobe + Boltor Prime.

Edited by Aoden

I think the releveling or reactivation system in Dark Sector conflicts are interesting. Since I'm assuming you keep your potatos and formas/polarities.

I'm wondering; Do you get to bring your companions as well? Do affinity boosters, affect the rate at which your mods reactivate? Or is it fixed on a set affinity per kill?

With the way Dark Sector is, I won't really bother with it yet. I was never a fan of PVP, but I have to admit that Tenshin's Conclave battles are fun, especially with clan mates or friends that are patient with you.

Remember the time Ice took over everything and made the taxes too damned high?

Remember those BS build that can make you lose of win?

I sure as hell do, Glad my LoadOut was a Saryn, Hek, Marelok and a Galatine/Jat kitty for this crazy good time...

I kinda miss this being a thing tbh... All the good time of trying to get more credits gave me the feeling of some random space merc trying to live by what ever he can get... Auld lang syne

I don't think Dark Sector Conflicts should be based on credits or resources, I think it should be completely PvP based utilizing the best team frames for strategic and skill based wins as well as cooperation from the community and teaching your clan members how to PvP as well having the Sensei/ Senpai regard.

Also I don't think Dark Sector Conflicts should last for 12 hours. I think they should last only 3 hours with the rail health indicators modified to fit the time frame. It was quite unhealthy for those of us who had to stay up long nights and days just to put up battle pay in order to defend or take the opposing teams rail as well as fight those rails for 12 hours. 

I see how the relays have unmarked clan banners on them and I can see how possibly owning the dark sectors around those relays could possibly influence that. I think that there will be enough pride and dedication for one to take a solar rail with the ambitions of representing your clans strength in PvP modes as well as being a good PvP sensei to them.

Dark Sectors should be more community focused in that it allows for active & helpful clans to post their recruiting message on it, not credit or resource gain focused. Ive met players who exploited billions of credits (hacking) in anticipation of when solar rails return. Some got banned on PS4 but not all of them are known. 

If we make Dark Sectors less time consuming, more PvP skill based, and more community driven rather than credit reward driven, I think we will see more participation from all types of clans in the Warframe Community competing to show off their dedication and PvP skills and their emblems.

Edited by (PS4)The_CIROC_Boy

I partially agree with what Ciroc had to say about the Dark Sectors BUT... I feel the influence of Credits and Tax could still help adding a competitive focus, what else would we possibly fight for otherwise

Well without credits or resources in the mix, I'd simply deploy rails to see how far our clan or alliance can push to represent themselves as an active and organized legion or force that does it for the pride of representing your colors to the community.

I think putting taxes on rails starts a lot of political dramas, if a clan or alliance simply fights to see if they can beat you then nothing is lost or gained but time (instead of peoples hard earned credits)(especially when some are exploiting billions as we speak). 

Credits & Taxes start unnecessary drama and I think they should be removed from the Dark Sector PvP game modes. A Clan / Alliance should fight for the pride of representing itself on the rails, not in order to exploit the community by setting high taxes.

Edited by (PS4)The_CIROC_Boy

Well without credits or resources in the mix, I'd simply deploy rails to see how far our clan or alliance can push to represent themselves as an active and organized legion or force that does it for the pride of representing your colors to the community.

I think putting taxes on rails starts a lot of political dramas, if a clan or alliance simply fights to see if they can beat you then nothing is lost or gained but time (instead of peoples hard earned credits)(especially when some are exploiting billions as we speak). 

Credits & Taxes start unnecessary drama and I think they should be removed from the Dark Sector PvP game modes. A Clan / Alliance should fight for the pride of representing itself on the rails, not in order to exploit the community by setting high taxes.

Good point... I enjoyed the Clan/Alliance drama with high taxes tbh. As I said on my previous post about the competitive focus - that was out in full force. Until it got silly.