Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Is Sad That The Arcane Helmets Are Gone?

SPASNINJA

1. You can earn plat through trading.

2. You need to take a look at your definition of OP, because it's wrong.

what about when they run out of helms and you cant get them anymore? because they dont drop anyone this can happen and im pretty sure if something can make a rhino the slows frame in the game with some of the most op abilities as fast as a loki the fastes frame in the game but also a squishy one it changes a ton of things....

Well i say we should try to get them back for everyone else instead of hogging them or destorying them in the foundry what you guys and gals think?

gIIidKs.gif

Good riddance to a bad design decision. IMO, they should have been completely removed. The grandfathering thing was a bad idea as it spawns things like this thread.

Weapon cosmetics? Uhhh... Wrong game..

There are weapon cosmetics. They're those dangly things on the end of your melee weapons (assuming you have any).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

BUT THATS THE PROBLEM u cant earn it anymore which makes it op... it literally makes pay to win an issue because people can throw a bunch of money to get these op items

These items are optional. They offer more diversity, but they certainly are not required.

With the same skill, people with the helms will last just as long without the helms. So no, it wouldn't be P2W. In all regards, these helms can not be considered P2W the same as how Excal P isn't, as he doesn't exactly give you any advantage.

(Do not start a founder's derailment, I will delete it. It is meant as an example)

I completely agree Over powerd weapons are apart of the game design of warfrae like it or not i mean if you think the helms are bad whats your freaking opinion on the Primed weapons and warframes some of them can be baught or traded as well through the trading channel

i think we are being sidetracked the problem is that we cant get them now those warframes and weapons are still obtainable through farming theres no point in making it unable to find and not changing everyones so that they are all the same... thats just an unfair advantage in one accessory 

i think we are being sidetracked the problem is that we cant get them now those warframes and weapons are still obtainable through farming theres no point in making it unable to find and not changing everyones so that they are all the same... thats just an unfair advantage in one accessory 

No, it really isn't. None of the stat helms are game-change-ingly powerful. They're ALL minuscule changes with minuscule negative effects. Sidegrades at best.

Having stats on cosmetics is a bad idea.

You should choose your cosmetics, well for appereanceYou should choose whcihc you think looks better, not which ist stronger or gives better benefits.

I do think the stats should be choosable in some other manner though, for example, when reaching level 30 with a Frame you get the ability to choose one of these buffs.

The stats are a welcome thing to have in many builds, they simply shouldn't be bound to the helmets imo

... because it makes the game more fun like who wants to run around with rhino all day its so slow but so op. it gets so much better with arcane vangaurd helm  

Anyone that plays frost prehaps? both frost and rhino have the same base speed and frost doesnt even have a movement based power to help him go faster.

Edited by Loswaith

I don't have all the arcanes, but have a bunch. 

I don't want to see the Arcanes come back, because  Ithink that the right way to go forward is to have cosmetics and powers separated. 

The Minmaxing mechanics offered by the arcanes should return though. 

The familiar option would be to have a 'specialization mod slot' and special cards to equip on those slots, like auras.

On the other hand, I think that giving the player choices to be commited to can work well too. I would rather see the player having the opportunity to change the minmax setting when polarizing the frame. 

People with arcane helmets would still have them, and would be able to change minmaxing simply by switching helmets, but they wouldn't be cumulative with this frame tuning. The Arcane minmaxing would take precedence over the frame tuning with forma. 

but u guys arent thinking of the new members... if u want this game to grow and become bigger u need a bigger following and if they feel mistreated or this game is unfair they might just leave..... you dont know what kind of logic people live by.. i mean lets be honest if u started and found out theres a stupidly op item for each frame and is no longer available wouldnt you be sad? and taking them away completely is also a bad idea because it makes the game more fun like who wants to run around with rhino all day its so slow but so op. it gets so much better with arcane vangaurd helm  

Right so I should quit life because I wasn't born in a family of millionaires. I don;t have the helmets. I don't give a damn and why should I? If anyone had NOT told you they even exist, would this argument exist? No, it would not.

"Run around slow with Rhino all day" THAT is a funny one. You know that level ending where there is three round platforms and you have to jump from one to the other? With just a Glaive, my Rhino can air-copter directly to the third in under a second, FROM THE EXIT HATCH. Who the hell "sprints" anywhere anymore?

These items are optional. They offer more diversity, but they certainly are not required.

With the same skill, people with the helms will last just as long without the helms. So no, it wouldn't be P2W. In all regards, these helms can not be considered P2W the same as how Excal P isn't, as he doesn't exactly give you any advantage.

(Do not start a founder's derailment, I will delete it. It is meant as an example)

I hate P2W discussions, but technically since the only way to get an arcane helmet currently requires buying it with plat. It could easily be seen as such. Some of them are a distinct advantage(not a side grade), especially for a min/maxer.  Three of my arcane helmets I would cringe if I lost, cause they are just that good.

As for Excalibur Prime... How is an extra polarity(less forma needed), a damage polarity aura slot, higher shield recharge than the normal model, and 250 energy to all frames within 30 meters when stepping next to an Orokin Void box trap not an advantage?

I'm waiting for 3 years down the road when only the minority have arcane helmets and they're status symbols and super expensive. This same song and dance happened in Runescape with Party hats, they became a status symbol because they were one time event rewards tradeable, rare and the population of them only ever decreased. Does this remind you of anything? DE no half stepping.

Oh bonus arcane helmets actually confer a tangible benefit to players. So give warframe some time, hilarity will ensue.

Nox,

I think the main problem most have, is they are tied to cosmetics. I don't really like the cosmetic of the three I use most of the time but I deal with cause they are to good not to use.

The simple way to fix this would be release control module with all the arcane stat modifier options, then you can build them, and attach them to whatever look floats your boat. This would add build diversity and make arcane helmets obsolete. I know I for one would love to have my vanguard stats on a Thrak. I'd also probabaly put my Squall stats on either the prime helmet or an Aurora, and put my essence stats on the loki prime helm. Simply cause I like those cosmetics better, sad to say currently I just deal with it. 

Im sad they never got a rebalance. 

See, they would've been okay with adjustments. Balance the stats to be more even, and maybe possibly make the stat portion a separate item everyone would have. But in the end it boiled down to "helmets with no stats" and "insertable crystals with stats", and DE figured we may as well go the simpler route. I don't like the idea they're still tradeable in their current imbalanced form, but it simply is.

See, they would've been okay with adjustments. Balance the stats to be more even, and maybe possibly make the stat portion a separate item everyone would have. But in the end it boiled down to "helmets with no stats" and "insertable crystals with stats", and DE figured we may as well go the simpler route. I don't like the idea they're still tradeable in their current imbalanced form, but it simply is.

I don't believe they just went a simpler route, I think they just didn't want to have it at all. Focus was meant to be a little stat/ability whatever boost, so making another system to accomodate the old cosmetic stats? That just doesn't seem practical. We'll know more when that system is released, but for now, that is how I view it.

Weapon cosmetics? Uhhh... Wrong game..

actually the axe one made sense, i would had rather have a complete new weapon but will have to do

I already have most of the helms including the arcane helm, and i was just thinking of the newer members and people who didnt want to spend plat to trade for them most of them were running pretty high in the community.

you can't expect to have all the game has to offer without spending platinum, its unrealistic, we gotta be glad that we can at least get platinum with trade, some of those who have em now spent 75p for each helmet, why would you hope to get all helmets free?

i think we are being sidetracked the problem is that we cant get them now those warframes and weapons are still obtainable through farming

first you CAN get them, at a price for sure and said price isn't even decided by DE, the problem is that would require you to farm valuable components and trade them for platinum, but not doing so its your choice, it would be way worse if you couldn't trade them. 

second "Snipetron", most "Wraith" and "Vandal" Weapons, "Ether Daggers" i would continue but i am sure those are enough examples of weapons that you can't get anymore, most of which represent a clear advantage over the ones that are available. i wish i could pay plat for some in those lists.

but u guys arent thinking of the new members... if u want this game to grow and become bigger u need a bigger following and if they feel mistreated or this game is unfair they might just leave..... you dont know what kind of logic people live by.. i mean lets be honest if u started and found out theres a stupidly op item for each frame and is no longer available wouldnt you be sad? and taking them away completely is also a bad idea because it makes the game more fun like who wants to run around with rhino all day its so slow but so op. it gets so much better with arcane vangaurd helm

I understand people feeling at a loss, but they did join late. Do people quit their jobs because they get hired in an were not present when company was promoting from within??? Do athletes complain and quit because they didn't get the championship ring/trophy from a time they were not there as part of the team???

People will stay to not miss out on future items and because they enjoy playing. If they are going to leave because they no longer have access to an Arcane/Specialty item, then we probably do not need that type of player base for this game. - That sense of entitlement......ugh

I understand people feeling at a loss, but they did join late. Do people quit their jobs because they get hired in an were not present when company was promoting from within??? Do athletes complain and quit because they didn't get the championship ring/trophy from a time they were not there as part of the team???

People will stay to not miss out on future items and because they enjoy playing. If they are going to leave because they no longer have access to an Arcane/Specialty item, then we probably do not need that type of player base for this game. - That sense of entitlement......ugh

That last paragraph is going to get me in trouble.

I'm going to disagree on principal. I want and need the new and f2p players in this community. I can't do it.. I can not stand up on a soapbox silver spoon in hand, surrounded by arcane and special items, look them in the eye and honestly tell them I am entitled because I was here first or have money. This is a game. Everyone should be able to obtain anything in the game with effort, regardless of social status, wealth, looks, education, iq, etc. I will not be the hypocrite. That kind of thinking is the exact reason I dislike the f2p model. I can afford to drop plenty of cash on gaming, and it should not entitle me to anything.

I'm not sure what disgusts me more. The gaming companies that opened Pandora's box and brought monetary worth into gaming, or my peers who think they are special because they have money. They are both wrong, and it's exactly what is tearing apart gaming communities. When will the madness stop? Can not we just revisit yesteryear and come together for the sake of better gaming?

I heavily edited this post, and apologize if anyone finds the edited version offensive, I really tried to keep on topic and civil. I've just seen way to many games with potential destroyed over this very thing, and it's almost getting old as I.

I'm more sad because it stopped being about the Games and Camaraderie. At some point it turned into whom has the most money, whose nose can I rub in the dirt with something I have they can't get.  When the people around you are more savage than animals, you must rethink faith in humanity.

Well i say we should try to get them back for everyone else instead of hogging them or destorying them in the foundry what you guys and gals think?

I not sad because I had mine way before they turned into Arcane helmet's. I gonna keep them til they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Not me, lol. I like the statless helmets we have now because I main Ash and his Arcanes have horrible stats, while other frames like Rhino and Loki have much better stats. I don't like how they have better stats, so hopefully players with Arcane helmets will die out.

Let me clarify my last "entitlement" phrase, as I thought it was explained in context.

A new player feeling entitled to the best without grinding or being present for event gifts, etc... I do not feel they contribute in a good way.

Weapons get retired; event badges and trophies are to be earned and not just pity handed out to new players

As for the Arcane helmets, not all Warframe's even have Arcane Stat helmets and too want to not continue to play because of that sole reason is too petty for me to justify & I fail to see how having that type of attitude is beneficial to the community.