Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vauban Condition - (Aka Paywall)

StainPain

Oh boy....

Well it is RNG what and when alerts rewards show up.

and thats exactly my problem. why not make a fkn vauban day each week where an allert will pop up for one of the 3 bp? Its not hard to make and its halfway between allerts + total stupidity (Giving it randomly)

Also dont be so sure about the allerts beeing completely random, why I never see usefull allerts at really low trafic hours? Because the allert bot obvioysly work with some paramters. They wont put in oroking reactor at 5 in the moring on a wednesday. so its not 100% rng...

Yes it is RNG. Alerts *are* RNG, there's a guaranteed minimum number of Vauban alerts per month (one per component iirc). On top of that Blueprints occasionally end up as rewards in events (was the case with Gradivus where presumably a lot of people got their Vauban bits).

Getting Vauban is a matter of patience, it took me 6 months or so. It's not like there isn't lots of other stuff to play with in the mean time.

Using an app means you know when something you want is on alert, it's not mandatory but certainly useful if you want to increase your chances of getting your hands on something rare (like Vauban or Heavy Caliber).

If you have a smartphone then I don't see how adding one extra app means being "abnormally obsessed", certainly less so than going on a rant as a new player (I mean, you joined just before the last major update ffs) about a Warframe that takes most people the better part of a year to acquire.

You see how u contradict urself in even the first sentence u say: allerst ARE RNG - minimum number of Vauban alerts per month (its not one per component the morons give the same components over and over again). How can It be RNG when it has to give a minimum number? thats not random. I higly doubt that allerts are completely 100% RNG based.

Edited by StainPain

I still think that placing him on alerts is bad design for getting the frame. That might be the reason why we didnt see any other frame on alerts.

tbh i dont find any trouble with him beign on alert, makes him rare and its fun to see a rare frame. i miss 1 part of him but honestly its nothing wrong, it gives you that ''oh look! a rare alert! O.O'' feeling. 

with other words: why fix it when its not broken?

You see how u contradict urself in even the first sentence u say: allerst ARE RNG - minimum number of Vauban alerts per month (its not one per component the morons give the same components over and over again). How can It be RNG when it has to give a minimum number? thats not random. I higly doubt that allerts are completely 100% RNG based.

Every alert probably has a weight to influence how likely it is to occur, does that suddenly make alerts not random? Setting it up so that an alert is (nearly?) guaranteed to occur at least once within a certain period of time doesn't make it "not random".

Your frustration is clouding your judgement.

Edited by marelooke

and thats exactly my problem. why not make a fkn vauban day each week where an allert will pop up for one of the 3 bp? Its not hard to make and its halfway between allerts + total stupidity (Giving it randomly)

Also dont be so sure about the allerts beeing completely random, why I never see usefull allerts at really low trafic hours? Because the allert bot obvioysly work with some paramters. They wont put in oroking reactor at 5 in the moring on a wednesday. so its not 100% rng...

sorry if i sound rude but do you have any slight idea how hard programming is? its not just ''change X or Y'', if 1 thing goes wrong you can crash basically everything. so stop talking like you are a pro on it. (im a gamedesigner but ive studied some programming and it isnt a easy task) and all alerts are RNG, its just to realise that.

However, I wanna bring to the attention to the god damn Vauban warframe. It's impossible to get it if ur not all day available for gaming, something that is not the case for normal ppl who have other things in their life (aka casual players).

Going to play devil's advocate here and say that maybe the Vauban grind isn't meant for 'casual' players. If you want vabuan you've either got to put in the game-time (and stalk the twitter feed) or buy him with plat.

sorry if i sound rude but do you have any slight idea how hard programming is? its not just ''change X or Y'', if 1 thing goes wrong you can crash basically everything. so stop talking like you are a pro on it. (im a gamedesigner but ive studied some programming and it isnt a easy task) and all alerts are RNG, its just to realise that.

That depends what changing X or Y is. 

I know coding as well, and I can say for a fact that changing numerical values (as long as you respect mathematical limits, such as not coding the variable to start storing complex numbers when it is only set for storing integer values) is more easier than changing whole mechanics. 

Obtaining vauban isn't a singular case, it just like all the other auras alt helmets and crappy melee weapons. And probably by extension the RNG login reward BPs like gorgon which you can't buy in the BP in market anymore iirc. Basically the OP is not just saying that it is BS to have a WF exclusive to the alert system and market for plat.

Don't see anything inherently wrong with the system. I find it boring as hell though because there isn't a great deal in the system I need anymore. Just ignore 99% of them and just do energy siphon to sell for plat and reactor alerts.  

Every alert probably has a weight to influence how likely it is to occur, does that suddenly make alerts not random? Setting it up so that an alert is (nearly?) guaranteed to occur at least once within a certain period of time doesn't make it "not random".

Your frustration is clouding your judgement.

If U set it up so that allerts are guaranteed to occur every x times a day its not random. Its prearanged with a random element in it. What u say makes no sence. Random allert whould mean random stage with random reward in a random time, we might have passed days with no allerts and a day with 50 of them.

yeah I have a slight idea, thas what im currently studing. I can tell u with certainty that im not a "pro" but I think a professional working team of developers, software engineers, designers and many others could easil do something  if they wanted to change this bad game design. Its a controversial topic with thousands of people complaining from day 1. Im certain that you dont know a single thing about this more than me, I dont pretend to know everything so dont u do it as well.

I often had 4 to 6 of Vauban alerts in a week, or even 3 in a day, so yeah random. But suit yourself, if it is your opinion that this suck then write a post in the feedback subforum.

If U set it up so that allerts are guaranteed to occur every x times a day its not random. Its prearanged with a random element in it. What u say makes no sence. Random allert whould mean random stage with random reward in a random time, we might have passed days with no allerts and a day with 50 of them.

You are equating something being random with all parameters having to be random, that's just not reasonable. It's pretty obvious that there are limitations on exactly how random alerts can be (eg. I'm pretty sure there's a maximum amount that can be active at the same time). That doesn't make alerts non-random.

You are equating something being random with all parameters having to be random, that's just not reasonable. It's pretty obvious that there are limitations on exactly how random alerts can be (eg. I'm pretty sure there's a maximum amount that can be active at the same time). That doesn't make alerts non-random.

I said "Its prearanged with a random element in it." Why are you arguing when we say exactly the same thing? I just sayed that its not THAT hard to make a vaigue schedual for this specific case (like with orikin reactors/catalysts). Thats my point since allerts are NOT 100% random they CAN give us a general idea on when to get him.

Edited by StainPain

I said "Its prearanged with a random element in it." Why are you arguing when we say exactly the same thing? I just sayed that its not THAT hard to make a vaigue schedual for this specific case (like with orikin reactors/catalysts). Thats my point since allerts are NOT 100% random they CAN give us a general idea on when to get him.

We already have that. There's a full set up about once a month. However, alerts by nature are unpredictable. That's how they're supposed to work, you're naturally going to miss some.

Actually a phone app isn't a bad thing. Once you get the Vauban, just uninstall the app. I frequent the alert twitter page or http://deathsnacks.com/wf/. Either of these should be helpful in getting parts. Vauban isn't hard to get per se, he's a "wait and get all the parts" sort of frame. Think of it this way, you don't need him and eventually with enough time, you'll have all the parts. It's just a question of how long your going to be waiting once real life obligations beckon.

You mentioned placing the blueprints in missions and such - well you could compile and present your ideas in feedback. 

And yea, Vauban isn't hard to get. The alerts are easy enough to do. The difficult part is the chance to encounter one of the alerts. Think of it as an investment, the more you play, the more encounters you get with alerts, the more chances you have. But you have mentioned that you're a casual player, I will assume that you don't spend too much time on Warframe. Then in that case, just buy him straight from the Market. Or you could just play casually and wait until an alert for his parts show up. 

Damn my post got flooded by sore "veteran" donators attacking me (as I predicted) ppl who already have him (obviously most payed for it), will look down on me with wrath for DARING to complain. Get a god damn life and stop attacking ppl in random posts.

And it isn't nice to say that the people who already have Vauban OBVIOUSLY paid for it. That's plain rude, and just shows that you are the sore one instead of us Vets.

it has been said more than once - time vs money. if you cant play the game anytime you want(eg. have a job), then you pay for your stuff with money. that simple.

if you have time, then you can get everything with enough patience. although sometimes the rng gods hate us(if the rng isnt rigged), and we cant get something no matter what. but then we can trade

btw about rng: world of warcraft has(had?) rigged rng. each player gets a seed at creation, and that seed tells the game, what items he can get from mobs. so some players may get some stuff very easily, and the same stuff for the others is nearly impossible. this has been done to encourage trading among players. i sure do hope warframe has nothing like that

vauban, as a majority have said here is not impossible to get even for casual players, i get to play games 2 hours a day (give or take) with some marathons on weekend days (hardly obsessive) and have gotten enough parts to make two or three vaubans. and your statement about not putting the good alerts in the middle of the night is blatantly wrong i work nights and i am always missing good alerts. also as others have said here just chill it will come to you in time. 

Events mods will be rereleased anyway so thats neither here nor there.

Really you just need to be paitient. I've been playing since just after open beta and only got Booben a few months ago.

Worst case scenario you could just buy him?

Its all RNG OP.

Sorry but not much of what you've said seems like anything more then you being frustrated and complaining. Theres no pay walls and everything important is obtainable with a bit of luck and without plat.

Hell I've missed the recent forma and potato alerts in the last few weeks.

Don't hear me complaining. You don't NEED booben for anything. He is useful. But You don't NEED him to progress.

Which would you prefer:

-Pay to play?

-pay to enjoy? ( the other 90% of content that is)

-or pay for convenience?

Your choice OP.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

it has been said more than once - time vs money. if you cant play the game anytime you want(eg. have a job), then you pay for your stuff with money. that simple.

if you have time, then you can get everything with enough patience. although sometimes the rng gods hate us(if the rng isnt rigged), and we cant get something no matter what. but then we can trade

Ur missing the point, the argument here is not that its hard or time-consuming, its that ithe system that the blueprints are distributed its stupid. Ppl spent months on it, just because its hard TO COME BY. How is time vs money when there is no standar way to actually spend ur time on it?

And it isn't nice to say that the people who already have Vauban OBVIOUSLY paid for it. That's plain rude, and just shows that you are the sore one instead of us Vets.

The ones that want this to be a fanboy-whospendsalldayplaying exclusive OBVIOUSLY did. Ppl who spent months working on it mostly agree that the distribution system 1+ year after its release must change.

"Events mods are always will be rereleased anyway so thats neither here nor there."

"Theres no pay walls and everything important is obtainable with a bit of luck and without plat."

They are pre-released so a few ppl get them + then the rest buy plat to give it to the "lucky" ones that were not on vacation or working when the even happened. The only one actually profiting is the DE.

How can something that can only be bypassed with seer luck not be a paywall? Skill+hard work is the way f2p games are supposed to be playable. The only valid argument I heard in this post is working ur way to the 300 plat by selling stuff to other players, however I still find it really bad for the DE to play such tricks to get money.