Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Melee Is Better ?

Xxaveragecat300xX

Question

Reaper Prime doesn't have good mobility, while SilvAegis has both good abilities and fast attacks. Frost is among the slowest Warframe, so having a heavy weapon sometimes can be weary in regular missions other than defense-types.

My suggestion would be to try both since you may surprise yourself with how much you like a certain weapon.

Edited by Casardis

Do you have room for both, OP? I'd get them both. You may think this or that weapon is best for you, but after you truly master it (learn the nuances of the weapon such as how far slide attacks go, which one does that bit of more damage you need against this or that faction that you prefer to fight alot [if any]), you may find that you're better with the RP than the AS, or the other way around, or perhaps another weapon altogether.

I'd encourage you to level them both up for mastery, at the very least.

There's no "better" melee for specific warframe. Just pick what you like most. I for example berserk my way with Galatine on almost any frame.

Stat wise I think reaper is better if you need someone's opinion and it has 2 stances to choose from.

Then the answer is obviously whichever one you like better. Neither of them are top tier melee weapons like Orthos Prime/Ichorcopters/Dakra Prime/Dragon Nika, so just use whichever one feels best to you.

You overlooked one evil monster of crowdcontrol, called BO PRIME.

Dakra Prime with Iron phoenix stance is the best overall melee weapon.

Dakra prime:

- Highest base damage of longsword-type weapons

- Normal attacks can hit multiple targets.

- Very fast attack speed.

- Good critical chance.

Give it Berserker + fury and you get 2.47  hits per second

Iron Phoenix:

- When fury + Beserker are active you can spam the main combo by just pressing E every .5 secs

- Normal E-E-E can knock down on the 3rd hit

- Big Combo does headshots which can do more damage but also kill flying enemies above but it also adds an additional 100% damage.

- The end of the Big Combo is an AoE attack that can deal damage to a wide area, capable of knock back and defeating enemies within a few meters away.

The stance also has an innate 20 - 30% melee speed increase which with Berserker and fury will increase your speed to 2.85 - 2.95 its per second which can be doubled with a max warcry from valk.

Edited by Shizzuie

Dakra Prime with Iron phoenix stance is the best overall melee weapon.

Dakra prime:

- Highest base damage of longsword-type weapons

- Normal attacks can hit multiple targets.

- Very fast attack speed.

- Good critical chance.

Give it Berserker + fury and you get 2.47  hits per second

Iron Phoenix:

- When fury + Beserker are active you can spam the main combo by just pressing E every .5 secs

- Normal E-E-E can knock down on the 3rd hit

- Big Combo does headshots which can do more damage but also kill flying enemies above but it also adds an additional 100% damage.

- The end of the Big Combo is an AoE attack that can deal damage to a wide area, capable of knock back and defeating enemies within a few meters away.

The stance also has an innate 20 - 30% melee speed increase which with Berserker and fury will increase your speed to 2.85 - 2.95 its per second which can be doubled with a max warcry from valk.

Crimson Dervish does also have the X3 damage finisher

There's no "better" melee for specific warframe. Just pick what you like most. I for example berserk my way with Galatine on almost any frame.

Stat wise I think reaper is better if you need someone's opinion and it has 2 stances to choose from.

When using a slow frame using something that copters well sure is helpful.

I'm trying to decide between the sword and board or the reaper prime, which one would be better for frost ?

well frost really doesnt  melee  you globe and shoot from a distance in def.. however if you wanna melee...

and what do  you mean  sword and board? do you mean the silva/aegis?