Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

Instead of this or accompanying this, since you won't use our model but you will try to replicate it.We should be able to do 2d concepts too.This kinda complicates things too much for me for eg.I will try doing this by the way you gave us but it would've been way more confortable painting a weapon in a few poses :).

Instead of this or accompanying this, since you won't use our model but you will try to replicate it.We should be able to do 2d concepts too.This kinda complicates things too much for me for eg.I will try doing this by the way you gave us but it would've been way more confortable painting a weapon in a few poses :).

Yeah, i dont know why there's a 3D part to the contest. They created weapons based off drawings so why couldn't they just release the 3 angles they want in greyscale so we could just paint over them. I guess they didnt went to go through a bunch of goofy entries.

Once again, this.

I'd say that once again it would open it up to more people being able to enter, also it would eliminate the confusion for most, and they could have their own art team draw it up so there isn't a skin that isn't in the Warframe style.

This contest seems unfair. When I was first told of it I became super excited, however once I read the rules I became discouraged. I have no idea what the diffuse, specular, gloss or tint is all about even after reading the documents. I use a Japanese art program called Paint Tool Sai instead of photoshop & it doesn't have the ability to do as the documents say to do. I know there are links to use as well but why should I be asked to use a different program rather than the one I've always worked with? What if Warframe decides to to a contest like this again but I can't access the free trial of photoshop because I already used it before? It just doesn't seem right.

So i finished my first skin for the (ak)magnus. The skin is completely tintable.

I still have to complete the psd for submission but have a first look at the renders!

warframe_skin_contest_entry___crushing_m

Check out a higher resolution image here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Skin-Contest-Entry-CRUSHING-MAGNUS-480981216

Here is my second and last submission: The Warpath Scindo/Zoren skin. This skin is fully tintable as well, the grip and the blade as well as the paint in two different colors.

zorenfinal_by_arvcis-d7zjmgl.jpg

Check out a higher resolution image here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Skin-Contest-Entry-WARPATH-SCINDO-ZOREN-482965365

Hope you like my stuff!

Edited by TouretteLord

This contest seems unfair. When I was first told of it I became super excited, however once I read the rules I became discouraged. I have no idea what the diffuse, specular, gloss or tint is all about even after reading the documents. I use a Japanese art program called Paint Tool Sai instead of photoshop & it doesn't have the ability to do as the documents say to do. I know there are links to use as well but why should I be asked to use a different program rather than the one I've always worked with? What if Warframe decides to to a contest like this again but I can't access the free trial of photoshop because I already used it before? It just doesn't seem right.

This is the file type they require to add these skins into the game.

So i finished my first skin for the (ak)magnus. The skin is completely tintable.

I still have to complete the psd for submission but have a first look at the renders!

I will submit further contest entries here via editing.

Hope you like my stuff!

Spider-Gun, Spider-Gun. Does whatever a Spider does. 

It just looks like webs to me, but I like it. 

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removing large pictures to prevent page scrolling.

Hope you like my stuff!

Hola: (TouretteLord)   pensaba  hacer una piel para la ( AkMagnus ) pero después de ver tu diseño es decidido que no,
ya que el tullo es asombroso y  encaja perfecto con el arma.

Hello: (TouretteLord) thought to make a skin for (AkMagnus) but after seeing your design is decided that no,
since the tullo is amazing and fits perfectly with the gun.

Referred programs are simply suggestions to free programs. If you already own SAI then you can just use it. SAI is able to open and save its files into photoshop layer. Other than some editing option, SAI is almost the same as photoshop.

Other than normal maps which is generated by 3d program. All the maps are really just colored textures with fancy names, 3D engines read these textures based on its color and dark/bright intensity. 255 white means 100%, 0 black means 0%. Diffuse is your base color, specular and gloss determine your model reflectiveness based on dark/bright intensity in your texture, tints are really just masking used to separate the coloring.

If you only want to give a simple colored skin texture, you can actually just paint the diffuse and leave other texture as it is.

Yeah, i dont know why there's a 3D part to the contest. They created weapons based off drawings so why couldn't they just release the 3 angles they want in greyscale so we could just paint over them. I guess they didnt went to go through a bunch of goofy entries.

Once again, this.

I'd say that once again it would open it up to more people being able to enter, also it would eliminate the confusion for most, and they could have their own art team draw it up so there isn't a skin that isn't in the Warframe style.

Welp, if I don't get it how to make it with the 3d stuff I will try just with a 2d concept, maybe...It will be fine ^^.

Imo that looks like chocolate cake

I'm wondering why Dual Zoren Skin have a Scindo skin?

They share the same texture. zoren is just a  slightly reduced size scindo.

Hope they at least give participants a free copy of the winning skins :D

And i thought ill share this ( the material setup i used on zoren for example for  proper in game like look):

mTf81BM.png

Top to bottom: emission, diffuse, specular, gloss, normal.

Edited by Ketec

They share the same texture. zoren is just a  slightly reduced size scindo.

Hope they at least give participants a free copy of the winning skins :D

And i thought ill share this ( the material setup i used on zoren for example for  proper in game like look):

mTf81BM.png
Top to bottom: emission, diffuse, specular, gloss, normal.

You know they don't care about the nodes or even renderer u use? Game got its own render engine u just need to supply the maps :D 

Edited by Vitalis

warframe_skin_contest_entry___crushing_m

Hope you like my stuff!

THIS, I want this.

AkmagnusSilverer_zpsb71950b9.png

My contest entry, Silferer skin as it's essentially has more silver... All parts except the black decals on the barrels are tint able and the Lotus digital light colored with energy color.

Hope it's good enough and like able enough.