The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

magnus_render.jpg

Pearl Magnus skin. Getting a material to look like pearl was difficult but doable. 

Image in the upper left indicates the color-tinted areas.

I don't know if Cubemaps can be part of the skin, but if we are allowed to use them then I can easily make a cubemap or two for additional material definition.

Edited by alexmach1

magnus_render.jpg

Pearl Magnus skin. Getting a material to look like pearl was difficult but doable. 

Image in the upper left indicates the color-tinted areas.

I don't know if Cubemaps can be part of the skin, but if we are allowed to use them then I can easily make a cubemap or two for additional material definition.

2 color palette?
Edited by kylaksqw123

Does the Warframe engine allow for gradients on the tint-maps?  Or should we stick to solid "chunks" only?

I only ask because I notice some SLIGHT anti-aliasing in the PSD tint layers, so I'm guessing "yes," but an official response before I go and do that would be nice. :)

[EDIT] Also, can we add an alpha map/channel for smooth transparency (like with the ether weapon blades)?  If so, which should be black and which should be white? (as anyone who's exported from 'Max into games might know, sometimes you have to invert the alpha channel prior to import)

(nevermind, looks like Kary answered this earlier.  For anyone else who's wondering, he said he'd "recommend against unless it's critical to the design.")

Edited by pooptaco

there is a transparency option ( look at vectis).

anti-aliasing - is to smooth out  jagged edges.

And  the gradient in tint mask would most likely be color intensity ( will deep red look deep red or just light red) i would guess.

I, er... think you may have misunderstood my question entirely.  I know what anti-aliasing is.  I was referring to the tint-masks for custom colors, and wether or not they can be smooth.  IE 100% custom, in-game, color-picker-selection on one end of the barrel, and 100% not custom-colorable at the other end, with a smooth transition throughout.

[edit] Oh yeah: thank you for the tip about the vectis file.  I just now found out the contest was going on, and this whole thread is a lot to take in.  Between your advice there, and Kery's earlier response, I think I may have some workable ideas now. :)  Just a matter of making sure you can't see-through the geometry in places you shouldn't be able to.  Which is... trickier than it sounds.  D:

Edited by pooptaco

I, er... think you may have misunderstood my question entirely.  I know what anti-aliasing is.  I was referring to the tint-masks for custom colors, and wether or not they can be smooth.  IE 100% custom, in-game, color-picker-selection on one end of the barrel, and 100% not custom-colorable at the other end, with a smooth transition throughout.

[edit] Oh yeah: thank you for the tip about the vectis file.  I just now found out the contest was going on, and this whole thread is a lot to take in.  Between your advice there, and Kery's earlier response, I think I may have some workable ideas now. :)  Just a matter of making sure you can't see-through the geometry in places you shouldn't be able to.  Which is... trickier than it sounds.  D:

the gradient might only affect the color intensity... but i would guess that the first tint layer will override next if they overlap.

Looks like a Magnus designed by Aperture Science.

I love it actually.

We present you with Aperture Science's latest development, the Aperture Kinetic Magazine Gunpowder Nebula Undulating System, or A.K.M.A.G.N.U.S.

Edited by Ionus

DE gave me good reason to start learning Blender3D, for what I thank you. Аnd... I want to present you my work. (I hope you will understand my English xd)

So, let's get started!

This is my Ice Wind "Nedocamouflage". Lol.

glE6QKM.jpg?1

My goal was to make that skin, what the players be able to customize for different styles, and also was thematic for Warframe, specially for a Ice levels :D . And I think what to get that effect is impossible with a "high" textures (For example: Metal, gems, mineral and more.), then I was trying to use simple textures. 4 colors, what is a default for custom, without difficult design. That's all what I needed. But I want to make something new for Warframe. (I always want to do something for this game xd).

Well... I can't say what I did something AWESONE or VERY COOL, but I'm sure what that skin will be useful for a "colorful" Tenno ans at the same time will be simple for custom for a others.

Examples, if you need it:

UUp7Uug.png

2KVvSbM.png

CgVgqet.png

Mayde the skin will have a little fixes with shadow. Maybe.

Edited by Mr.Serduk

WIP - Overforged Axe Skin

DqGGEAy.jpg

The deadline is closing in... gotta fix the seams and add decals soon! O_o;;

Updates:::

pp7pmBm.jpg

YkPB4Xw.jpg

How to combine normal maps:::

8qRhPAQ.jpg

Submission: Overforged Axe Skin

Gotta post this before I pass out at 4AM~ @_@;;

overforged_by_ntyd1s-d7zjhfd.jpg

Edited by ntyd1s

WIP - Overforged Axe Skin

DqGGEAy.jpg

The deadline is closing in... gotta fix the seams and add decals soon! O_o;;

"Holy crap" - My outburst when I saw this even if I'm sitting in an empty room.

This is the one and only Dual Zoren skin I've seen so far that actually blew me away! (No offense to all the other Zoren submissions..) I'd definitely buy this skin if it wins!