Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Damage Mods ? Really De ? Slash Damage ?

Sonicbullitt

The physical damage mods are already useless enough we don't need more niche mods that barely anyone uses. People are still going to use elemental damage over physical damage mods any day, because elemental mods base off your damage on a whole and not a specific damage type. These new event mods are not even dual stat mods like previous elemental/proc chance mods, They are just plain old slash damage and nothing else. Not to mention we already have slash damage mods why flood the mod pool even more when these release after the timed exclusivity ? 

Seems you guys either don't know how to balance weapons and mods properly or simply refuse to balance them.

I've personally had no problem with the mods. They've boosted weapons that benefit greatly from slash damage such as Dread and the Nikanas tremendously. So much so that I've no need for elemental damage on them.

Going off of this, using them on anything but slash weapons is kind of questionable on the player's part.

This

Have you actually tried using the mods yet?

Like, on the Flux Rifle?

And did you know that increasing slash/puncture/impact damages increases the "base" damage for your weapon thereby making elemental damage even higher due to stacking?

I'm not pulling your leg. With a weapon that has high base slash damage, applying this mod can boost the elemental damage of each applied element by several hundred. That's per element. You could probably get a net damage gain of  1,000 on weapons with large slash base damage if you're using an elemental build.

Elemental damage is applied at the end of the damage modifiers, meaning the higher you can get your base damage values (slash/puncture/impact) the higher your elemental damage will be.

Edit: Apparently I was incorrect and this is not currently how damage modifiers are added.

And did you know that increasing slash/puncture/impact damages increases the "base" damage for your weapon thereby making elemental damage even higher due to stacking?

I slapped on the event slash mod on my dragon nikana just to see those lovely stats skyrocket but it doesn't add onto the base stats for calculating damage. The elemental damage didn't change at all when I added or removed the mod.

I think the biggest problem the community is having right now is with knowledge. People are spouting "30%" when the mods are actually 120% maxed (Correct me if I'm wrong) On most weapons that have Slash as the highest stat, the new mods will give more bonus damage than a 90% heat elemental mod.

Who needs knowledge when you have second-hand information.

Booo booo i don't like the new mods, please take them out boo boo.

- And that's all I can read on this type of post.

EDIT:

I can't say i'm mad for the mods, +120% of slash damage? That's sounds really good for weapons like Dread, Nikana, or MITER, imagine using MITER with those mods... OP.

On the bright side, this is the first set of mods of the obvious  incoming ones (Puncture and Impact). Hopefully i can get them before the event ends, right now it crashes everytime I Try to play :(

P.S: Sorry Sir Archistopheles.

Edited by Lokime

I slapped on the event slash mod on my dragon nikana just to see those lovely stats skyrocket but it doesn't add onto the base stats for calculating damage. The elemental damage didn't change at all when I added or removed the mod.

Perhaps mod order is important?

Like, on the Flux Rifle?

I'm not pulling your leg. With a weapon that has high base slash damage, applying this mod can boost the elemental damage of each applied element by several hundred. That's per element. You could probably get a net damage gain of  1,000 on weapons with large slash base damage if you're using an elemental build.

Elemental damage is applied at the end of the damage modifiers, meaning the higher you can get your base damage values (slash/puncture/impact) the higher your elemental damage will be.

Sorry to break to you but only elemental damage scales off your overall max damage. Physical mods only scale of a specific damage type like slash damage  which does not increase the weapons overall damage only the specific damage stat. The only damage that will increase is the slash and nothing else. I have tested this in game and have been told by others. My complaint isn't baseless

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Sorry to break to you but only elemental damage scales off your overall max damage. Physical mods only scale of a specific damage type like slash damage  which does not increase the weapons overall damage only the specific damage stat. The only damage that will increase is the slash and nothing else. I have tested this in game. My complaint isn't basless

That's odd. I'll have to give it a try later. I could have sworn it was modifying the elemental damage on my flux rifle as well.

I haven't gotten the new mods yet, but i thought that + slash mods and the like didn't add to the base damage for purposes of calculating elemental damage. I remember testing that when the change to mods came out. Did that get changes since then? If so these will be very nice. Theses still sound nice, just slightly more situational than other mods.

dOjKYx6.gif

Physical damage mods don't increase base damage, and they don't even work off of base damage like elemental mods do, they only work off of their own single damage type.

That means that even though these event mods are 120%, there's a limited set of weapons in which they will be useful (weapons that have very high slash damage to begin with) and there's actually a number of weapons they do absolutely nothing on (those with no slash damage component), unlike elemental mods that add the damage type if it's not there.

bp_noslash.png

EDIT: Images fixed... again.

Edited by Rydian

Some people have mathed it out( not me) and on high slash damage weapons, they are better than the elemental mods. I think the problem is that the current physical damage mods are largely considered useless. Then seeing the event ones conjures up images of waisted mod space and bandaids. As is they are essentially the equivalent of Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber. One being less powerful, but a lot easier to obtain, the other being stronger, but only passed out as an event.

Personally, I don't think this was a good idea. At the very least they should have waited until all the physical and elemental damage mods got a balance pass, but its not my game.

Edited by xRufus7x

slashmod3.gif

Physical damage mods don't increase base damage, and they don't even work off of base damage like elemental mods do, they only work off of their own single damage type.

That means that even though these event mods are 120%, there's a limited set of weapons in which they will be useful (weapons that have very high slash damage to begin with) and there's actually a number of weapons they do absolutely nothing on (those with no slash damage component), unlike elemental mods that add the damage type if it's not there.

bp_noslash.png

exactly, finally someone who understands what I mean

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Some people have mathed it out( not me) and on high slash damage weapons, they are better than the elemental mods. I think the problem is that the current physical damage mods are largely considered useless. Then seeing the event ones conjures up images of waisted mod space and bandaids. As is they are essentially the equivalent of Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber. One being less powerful, but a lot easier to obtain, the other being stronger, but only passed out as an event.

Personally, I don't think this was a good idea. At the very least they should have waited until all the physical and elemental damage mods got a balance pass, but its not my game.

The thing is, they're only better than elemental mods on weapons with more than 75% of their damage as Slash, so it's a fairly limited set.  

I'm in total agreement that these should have done something different, like continuing the Dual Stat trend, rather than just eclipse the mediocre IPS mods we already have.  No mod should be useless like that.  That's what Intruder is for.

EDIT: Dread, Flux Rifle, Miter, Drakgoon, Tigris, and Pyrana seem to be the only Primaries or Secondaries that qualify.  So it's got some good weapons, but not exactly expansive.  

Edited by Variatas

Like, on the Flux Rifle?

Unfortunately i try to keep my physical procs physical so i cant benefit from this too easily :x

Gonna take a while to work out strong builds here