Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest- Final Results!

[DE]Megan

All the skins were awesome. Some great winners from a great contest. 

Hope to see more like this in the future. 

Any eta on when we would see these in game? I assume they should not need to much time to be put into the code as they are built to work in it. 

Last Akmagnus round will finish in a few days... so next week skins?

Woohoo! StratoS117, you did it!

When I've seen that Vectis first time my thoughts were like: «W-wait... who stole that Nyxie's Vectis?! Bring it back!», love it clap2.gif

*was hoping Bellph's & Blazingcobalt's Grineer stylized Vectis will make it too, ouch*

I'm not DE (unfortunately, hahah), but... hell, it was really hard to choose only two winners (Holly Lotus, there's 62 participating Tenno!), especially when you had to choose between your favs (i hate this feeling) :/

Guys:

AidenLives
Aisek_legend
alexmach1
Alvitte
Archangel7070
aXod2

Bellph
Blazingcobalt

Cloudoo

Darealslenderman
DarkBabylon
DarkBlood-LXVI
DarkRidax
DartAlpha
DeadD59
diru

Echoa
Ejoem
Elkail
EXTREMEacupuncture

Faweks1

Gatamelata

Hecasdisth
Hisophonic

InsanityWF

JDP04
jimbo5958
Jithvan

Ketec
KittyDarkling
Klam
Klimperlude
Kohour
kuku_miner

Lucha

MaaYuu
ming1345
Mr.Serduk

NetSlayer
noveltyhero
ntyd1s

OctaviusProwerCoyote
Onusprobandi

r31oad
Ranunek-Ka
Rashyo
Reidmaster
Rekkou
Rimril

Satu
seergjej
Shaozis
Snakeziin
StratoS117

TouretteLord
turbinea

Vallerian
Verifitas

Zantorie
Zeptimus
ZeroJackdaw
Zor0x

There're winners, but no losers -- any of those skins may appear in the future WF updates.

You all did an awesome job. Congratulations to all of you! clap2.gif

37381-well-done-sir-gif-Imgur-Wiserh-Tr7

Now, i want to wish good luck to Klimperlude, MaaYuu, Rekkou and Verifitas in the final AkMagnus round. And, of course, i can't wait when DE put these skins in game.

Any eta on when we would see these in game? I assume they should not need to much time to be put into the code as they are built to work in it. 

You're forgetting the other thing they need to put into the game: winners get 25% of platinum spent on their skin, and a system needs to be built to deliver that. 

Thank you to all those who voted my Vectis through! I'm actually quite surprised seeing as there were many amazing designs.

It's simply amazing how much talent is in our community. Great job to everyone who participated! Hopefully one day all these amazing skins will be put in the game.

Thanks to all participants some great skins were made.  Be proud of what you submitted as all skins got a bunch of votes reguardless of the overall outcome and that can only really say that your designs are appreciated by many.

Keep in mind also that your submissions are helping to pave the way for the future of having player created content within warframe, something I'm sure we all look forward to.

Gratz to all, winners and contenders alike.

Edited by Loswaith

I would like to ask how were the submissions chosen at the beginning when placed either side of the bracketed voting tables prior to voting.. random or placement to ensure some avoided each other ?

Also why wasnt the Argonised Dual Zoren skin by aXod added to the bracketed voting system.. or was it ?

Edited by Nemesis101

I think it would be good if non-winners will get their own skins in game. Because now they actually have a two weeks of hard work turned to absolutely nothing, and... well, I don't know about others, but I, personally, think it's kinda wrong.

All participants knew before hand that there would only be one winner from each weapons type so to have that extended to two winners per weapons type was seen by many as a generous move. The problem i saw, was a competition initially open to all then locking out most including some of the participants themselves when it came to voting and no explanation was offered on how the submissions were chosen at the beginning when placed either side of the bracketed voting system prior to voting commencing.. so add that on top of submissions being left out despite claims that everyone that submitted a design had been entered into stage 2 when clearly that wasnt the case was simply adding insult to injury and hasnt done this competitions credibility any favours.

Commence voting and announcing winners before obtaining and checking the PSD's to ensure they were valid.. seriously?

pftt as long as someone's making money then why should anyone care, as im sure will be reflected in the prices of the skins when they become available.

In short:

Great content, questionable bracketed voting system, some entries not added, unfair voting restrictions, disapointing end to what was a promising start.

Edited by Nemesis101

AkMagnus Final Recap!

The polling has ended for the AkMagnus skin and 2 winners have been chosen! Please join me in congratulating:

MaaYuu
QVtd3ko.jpg

verifitas

FRWv89X.jpg

Congrats again to the winners and thank you to EVERYONE who participated :)

The winners for the AkMagnus skin have been posted!

Ahhh! Thanks for all the support guys! I hope to see some of the other skins make it into the game as well. Certainly DE wouldn't give them up that easily. Congrats to all the winners too!

Also if you guys still need an archive of all the entries.

Here you go. :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/313065-compilation-of-weapon-skin-contest-entries/

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

Oh wow, slightly surprising results to me but great regardless. Some great variety too, wouldve personally liked Rekkou's AkMagnus to win but Hivelight looks great too. Gratz to everyone involved though, so many great entries.

Edited by Jag272