Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does The Strongest Weapon In The Game Not Require A Mastery Rank?

Halisi

The Boltor prime requires a mastery rank of 0... this thing doesn't need nerfed it needs to be given a mastery lock like all the other high tier weapons e.g.; the Soma, the Phage, & the Amprex. For most people this thing is the end all be all of weapons so it deserves an appropriate mastery rank for such a weapon, MR9. One rank higher than the highest rank lock MR8. I mean you can get it the moment you enter the game and never have to use another primary, everything else will feel lackluster by comparison.

People wouldn't complain about it so much if it had a MR because not everyone would have the thing, the people who are ready to do high level content would be using it. Rightfully so with how powerful it is. It has balanced stats if you consider the tier it's in, plus by the time you hit MR9 you will also be able to properly mod it. 

It doesn't have to be MR9, but having no mastery requirement at all is ridiculous and shouldn't have gone unchanged for so long. And yes I know I'm late but when I noticed this everything just clicked into place as to what's wrong with the Boltor prime... nothing, it's the accessibility of it. 

Also I'm not saying that the weapon is too op, I'm saying a weapon this powerful shouldn't fall into the hands of a fresh player. For the cheap cost of $5 you can buy this weapon off of a player with leftover pocket change for something else. The Boltor-P invalidates every other weapon you can get at MR0-1.

Stop trying to say that I'm just mad that I can't get it or keep up with it, it doesn't change the fact that it needs a mastery lock. What if all of the most powerful weapons were available to you the moment you started the game? Would you use any of the other, weaker weapons? Besides I'll smoke a Boltor-P with my Phage/Embolist anyday.

Edited by Halisi

Boltor Prime isn't the most powerful weapon in the game.

It's beaten by several. The 'highest dps' belongs to a specific build using Amprex.

Edit: I do actually think most of the weapons need a serious increase in Mastery rank requirement, though. Boltor Prime should be 10+

Edited by JohnProdman

Boltor Prime isn't the most powerful weapon in the game. It's beaten by several. The 'highest dps' belongs to a specific build using Amprex.

People have complained already. DE may actually do something about it someday.

And, the boltor prime is out DPS'd by the Ogris.

Yeah but many people consider it the best, plus it's still a very powerful weapon to just let a new player obtain so quickly.

Yeah but many people consider it the best, plus it's still a very powerful weapon to just let a new player obtain so quickly.

Many people have made those two points, and I, at this point, am in no position to disagree.

But like I said, It's being worked on. I think. And just think of it this way: The people who snatch it are just ruining the game for themselves.

The 'highest dps' belongs to a specific build using Amprex.

in min/maxing, meaning 'endgame', Amprex can't be because it is Electric Damage. which doesn't have a Damage Bonus against Corrupted Enemies.

and unlike Lanka it's Damage isn't monstrous so the lack of a Damage Bonus really hurts it.

so it must be a Puncture Weapon for ultimate min/max in terms of automatic(/high RoF) Weapons.

on topic:

yes, Mastery Ranks are setup like garbage. Scott says it's a Balancing Factor, but clearly isn't, because it's set up like garbage and therefore doesn't work.

Wait,as far as I remember....When I started playing,normal Boltor was a MR2 weapon...DE removed that MR requirement for its prime counterpart!!

DE logic....rofl....Anyway,as others said,it will probably get a MR lock.

Also,the best overall weapon in the game in terms of DPS is still Brakk(Mine does around 48k DPS,I believe there are others whose Brakk does way more than that). Amprex is probably the best primary in terms of DPS.(Along with Soma with a few Forma)

Edited by NN13

The Boltor prime requires a mastery rank of 0... this thing doesn't need nerfed it needs to be given a mastery lock like all the other high tier weapons e.g.; the Soma, the Phage, & the Amprex. For most people this thing is the end all be all of weapons so it deserves an appropriate mastery rank for such a weapon, MR9. One rank higher than the highest rank lock MR8. I mean you can get it the moment you enter the game and never have to use another primary, everything else will feel lackluster by comparison.

People wouldn't complain about it so much if it had a MR because not everyone would have the thing, the people who are ready to do high level content would be using it. Rightfully so with how powerful it is. It has balanced stats if you consider the tier it's in, wait till a weapon of comparable power comes along and you'll see what I mean. Plus by the time you hit MR9 you will also be able to properly mod it. 

It doesn't have to be MR9, but having no mastery requirement at all is ridiculous and shouldn't have gone unchanged for so long. And yes I know I'm late but when I noticed this everything just clicked into place as to what's wrong with the Boltor prime... nothing, it's the accessibility of it. 

boltor  PRIME thats why, prime require alot of grinding that reg weapons dont, its easy to get resources, but you can be grinding forever,

prime are already a pain to get, and its prime weapon!,

its supposed to be strong

suggested it has mastery rank look is absurd, no prime does, they dont need them

just buff up other guns and its hardly the best gun in the game...

last thing we need is mastery rank on prime weapon,

thats like the worst idea ever spoken,

it really is

if prime stuff gets rank locked thats juts,

wow its bad.

prime take forever to get

it took me months to get that gun

last thing needed is rank lock, on prime,

thats just bad,

im way behind on my mastery

i stayed with the same gear for long time

alot of players do so thats just punishing us because you find the gun to Op

its simply a good gun

..deal with it

boltor  PRIME thats why, prime require alot of grinding that reg weapons dont, its easy to get resources, but you can be grinding forever,

prime are already a pain to get, and its prime weapon!,

its supposed to be strong

suggested it has mastery rank look is absurd, no prime does, they dont need them

just buff up other guns and its hardly the best gun in the game...

last thing we need is mastery rank on prime weapon,

thats like the worst idea ever spoken,

it really is

if prime stuff gets rank locked thats juts,

wow its bad.

prime take forever to get

it took me months to get that gun

last thing needed is rank lock, on prime,

thats just bad,

im way behind on my mastery

i stayed with the same gear for long time

alot of players do so thats just punishing us because you find the gun to Op

its simply a good gun

..deal with it

dakar prime is mr7 :/ and witnint that time of months to get the boltor prime you could have easly gotten to mr9 aswell 

Honestly making it MR7 or MR8 won't hurt.

Dakra Prime (MR 7) and Dragon Nikana (MR 8) are one of the most popular endgame swords (barring DI), and their MR is appropriately high. OTOH I rather we fix boondoggles like the Supra first.

That is an MR7 plasma minigun that is actually worse than the Soma.

Edited by fatpig84

so lets just lock all weapons behind a mastery system hat is borked. It is a PVE game and honestly all weapons should be available at MR0 so ever player can enjoy any weapon they so choose at any time because it is about each player creating and enjoying their own personal experience.

The majority of weapons are behind some kind of content wall anyway so not readily achievable for a new player, unless they choose to donate and support the game via platinum.

I don't really understand threads like this, it is that you are upset people are enjoying themselves and able to hold their own in a mission; or is it that you are upset watching someone with a lower MR actually putting up more kills in a mission than you? Shouldn't really matter as the end result it the same ..... MISSION COMPLETE ..... everyone gets rewarded!

if not a Mastery Rank Requirement, then make it so that players need the Original to make the Prime Varient.

I once saw this one player at MR3 running around with Loki Prime and Latron prime.

im guessing this player went into the fourms to check what the strongest frames and weapons are. and ill tell you now, he deleated both of them becasue he did not like it.

no, just no, mastery rank is no basis for someones readiness for endgame content, it never has been and i doubt it ever will be seeing as how many inept and useless high MR players there are that get shown up by low MR players all the time, just because you use a weapon to 30 and move on is no representation of skill or upgrades.

a better system for keeping some of the stronger weapons for later in the game would be to tie them into the planet progression system, or needed X missions completed, both would still be flawed / bad systems, but would have more merit than MR, which frankly can be got very high, very easily, in fact , far easier than it is to fully gear yourself and mod your favorite load-out, which can leave you at a low MR despite having far better stats than someone far higher in mastery.

hmm, perhaps a better way to gain access to top tier 'endgame' weapons would be to require that you can reach certain conclave ratings before your allowed access to them.

then only reward those with actual mastery of their equipment access to the best toys, instead of who can level and throw away the most.

and to those who think high MR means higher skill, your the exact kind of player who shouldn't have access to top tier gear, id prefer a low MR player who has maxed out their gear than a high MR player with pitiful stats anyday, you can clear any content in the game with weapons that have no MR requirement.

laters

Monk

sorry for the rant, im just fed up of this kind of topic poping up all the time form elitist wannabes who think leveling alot of weapons makes them better than those who choose not to.

edited as apparently the post decided to become a wall of text with no paragraphs for some reason.

Edited by MonkJayn

First of all, Dakra Prime has a mastery rank of 6.

Second of all, Boltor Prime gets surpassed in higher levels of difficulty by Dread and Paris Prime pretty easily.  It has massive base damage with poorly scaling damage.  The weapon isn't in need of any change.  In a group that maximizes the weapon DPS with auras, it becomes a powerful weapon to mow enemies down, but that requires more effort in group makeup than most people are willing to do in this game.

As far as adding mastery rank 2 to boltor prime goes, I can see that being done.  However, how many players actually have a boltor prime BEFORE MR2?  I'll bet that number is very low.  I think people are making mountains out of ant hills when it comes to boltor prime.

Yeah this topic again.  All been said 100 times by 1000 people.  Still nothing changes because no one at DE is doing the balancing.

"Boltor Prime: Killing The Game?"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311296-boltor-prime-killing-the-game/

"I Think It's Time Boltor Prime Stops Rendering ~130 Weapons Obsolete"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243261-i-think-its-time-boltor-prime-stops-rendering-130-weapons-obsolete

To save your time quick run down of the issue:

Noobs get BoltorP ASAP, easily faceroll everything, realise that all the other weapons are worse, lose interest due to lack of any challenge and progress, abandon the game shortly. 

Edited by Monolake

People wouldn't complain about it so much if it had a MR because not everyone would have the thing, the people who are ready to do high level content would be using it. Rightfully so with how powerful it is. It has balanced stats if you consider the tier it's in, wait till a weapon of comparable power comes along and you'll see what I mean. Plus by the time you hit MR9 you will also be able to properly mod it. 

Feel free to explain why it matters.

Are people shooting you with it? No.

Are they ruining your missions? No.

Are missions filled to the brim with entire teams of them? No.

Making something harder for people to play with, simply because you would like it to make for sense "for you" is ridiculous.

Can you use any gun with zero Forma and Frame abilities to EASILY unlock ALL content in this game? Yes.

Why does everyone make the statement "oh god weapon X with 6 Forma and totally maxed mods is overpowered please fix it."

Thousands of cores, millions of credits, dozen or hours to level. Gee, you think?

High level content is a meaningless metric when we have maps that scales to infinity, when all the content that can be unlocked drops from only running those maps for 15 minutes and then leaving.

For all the folks saying Boltor Prime is surpassed in DPS by weapons X, Y, and Z; I believe that while you are likely correct, you fail to take into account the fact that there are skill requirements for getting that higher DPS on the other weapons that simply aren't present in Boltor Prime.

For the common Tenno, Hold button and spray + high dps > highest DPS but must aim and lead shots.

Not that I really care either way, but it is a valid point.

Edited by Malikon

Boltor Prime isn't the most powerful weapon in the game.

It's beaten by several. The 'highest dps' belongs to a specific build using Amprex.

Edit: I do actually think most of the weapons need a serious increase in Mastery rank requirement, though. Boltor Prime should be 10+

Boltor prime also isnt limited by short range and far more ammo efficient