Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Vibe : Is It Really Vanishing?[Megathread Attempt]

unknow99

Something that came upon my mind...

Yeah, Warframe in the begin was grittier and darker, but in the begin we were Tenno who had just awoken by crio-sleep and didn't really knew their place in the world...

Everything was dark rooms and corridors where we infiltrated to figure out what the factions were up to, how the world was going to change...

...and the world, *did* changed...

The Grineers and the Corpus put plans in motions, plans that we ruined, no more we were ignorant folk with no understanding of their place but we became a force able to shape our reality...

We learned about the Void, we got the chance to both awe at the Orokin towers' magneficence and to mourn the art that got loss in the Derelict...

No more constrained by gravity, we can finally venture and explore the depths of space, fight in these black waters...

And now the horror for us isn't even about a scary dark corridor but to learn what we, as the Tenno, really are...

Warframe has grown up, had gives us a dynamic experience that goes way farther than just a series of questline, and I dare you to name any online game that did this before...

So yeah, it changed, it maybe lost the vibe of a grim world to fear...

...but it had become a new world to observe as it shapes itself in front of our very own eyes...

Hn hnnn... Smart explanation of our progress, I didn't see it like this! :)

Brilliant idea to make all the fixes & content brought by the devs as some lore. We can get something here.

these are not happy times. darker is better. they experimented on us as kids. we saved them from certain doom only to kill them ourselves. we are hunted by three horrible entities.

Yup, and to wrap all of this around, adding those evil Sentients would definitely express this part of the lore ingame. Can't wait to see how this faction acts,looks & feel.

Thread cleaned.

Yo Einde, nice to see you here. :)

(Was my thread this dirty?...)

Edited by unknow99

these are not happy times. darker is better. they experimented on us as kids. we saved them rrom certain doom only to kill them ourselves. we are hunted by three horrible entities. 

Dark colors, while being a sure way to deliver dark feelings, are not the only way to do so...

Earth missions for example deliver the decadence of Grineers even during daylight, without the need for fog a la Silent Hill.

(Which was, nonetheless, a nice touch and I'd like to see as a new random weather.) The machineries are dirty and rusted, some of the water pumps lack whole sections, part of the structures don't work anymore and nature has invaded what once was realm of civilization.

But the Orokin ships in the Void are a good example too, they're beautiful, majestic, filled with art of a time that is now lost. And despite being such a luminous place, they remind the Tenno of whom they killed, putting an end to the Orokin era. They're filled with enemies wearing golden trinkets, but these trinkets are nothing much than chains and the ones wearing them only slaves. Slaves who had lost their will to a system that has no more masters.

It's easy to say 'these are dark times' while looking at something decaying and with dark colors. But to be showed the horror behind a gilded veil, that is way more striking in my opinion.

Dark colors, while being a sure way to deliver dark feelings, are not the only way to do so...

Earth missions for example deliver the decadence of Grineers even during daylight, without the need for fog a la Silent Hill.

(Which was, nonetheless, a nice touch and I'd like to see as a new random weather.) The machineries are dirty and rusted, some of the water pumps lack whole sections, part of the structures don't work anymore and nature has invaded what once was realm of civilization.

But the Orokin ships in the Void are a good example too, they're beautiful, majestic, filled with art of a time that is now lost. And despite being such a luminous place, they remind the Tenno of whom they killed, putting an end to the Orokin era. They're filled with enemies wearing golden trinkets, but these trinkets are nothing much than chains and the ones wearing them only slaves. Slaves who had lost their will to a system that has no more masters.

It's easy to say 'these are dark times' while looking at something decaying and with dark colors. But to be showed the horror behind a gilded veil, that is way more striking in my opinion.

Nicely poetic ... 1+

Underscores how vitally important musical scores are to emphasize ambiance ...

Warframe began as a serious tribute to iconic medieval Japanese culture - including the use of Taiko-Do

The newer tilesets are better with different back ground music but it would really stir up the mood would be for the music to more dynamic with the change of action

Example:  Ice Planetoids

1. Electronica overture as prelude music while en route to the target

2. Instrumental metal as middle movements during full-scale battles

3. Orchestral as finale after completing mission goals and doing mop up, exploration and headed to exit

Similarly, music could set a very eerie feel for the jungles of Earth or the emptiness of space during Archwing missions

Since the game is still evolving in general, the music scoring doesn't have to be "perfect" from the outset ...

I didn't realize I kinda miss charge attacks til I watched the videos in post #2... aw.. lol ~Having the lights go out for a whole mission would be cool. Just a power failure thing or something with a back-up powering the consoles and small lights or w/e. Could be used to sike people out by making them think an assassin is coming.

Edited by 7.T.

I didn't realize I kinda miss charge attacks til I watched the videos in post #2... aw.. lol ~Having the lights go out for a whole mission would be cool. Just a power failure thing or something with a back-up powering the consoles and small lights or w/e. Could be used to sike people out by making them think an assassin is coming.

Yeah we could use our flashlights more often...

You miss charge attacks too? I still don't get why they deleted them. And we still have no clear answer about this : will they ever return? One dev has to reply to this one day or another!!

Also, who misses these guys? :)

GrineerSawman.jpg

(I don't understand their removal either)

Edited by unknow99

Quite excellent good sir, this was a pleasure to read.

I agree I might add.

Nicely poetic ... 1+

Underscores how vitally important musical scores are to emphasize ambiance ...

Warframe began as a serious tribute to iconic medieval Japanese culture - including the use of Taiko-Do

The newer tilesets are better with different back ground music but it would really stir up the mood would be for the music to more dynamic with the change of action

Example:  Ice Planetoids

1. Electronica overture as prelude music while en route to the target

2. Instrumental metal as middle movements during full-scale battles

3. Orchestral as finale after completing mission goals and doing mop up, exploration and headed to exit

Similarly, music could set a very eerie feel for the jungles of Earth or the emptiness of space during Archwing missions

Since the game is still evolving in general, the music scoring doesn't have to be "perfect" from the outset ...

Get Hiroyuki Sawano (Gundam Unicorn UC\Ao no Exorcist) or Chikayo Fukuda (.hack\\G.U.\Naruto games from CyberConnect2) making the ost of us and they'll deliver... 

You sir, know what are the words to use... +1.

1)Good ol' raid mission,with the red glow effect (bonus :grineer sawmen + flying body parts everywhere, yay!) :

2)The old mood of an infested ship :

It indeed evolved in a nice direction, but some little elements from the past shouldn't do any harm either. :p

Edited by unknow99

I love the direction the game has been taking. I understand that some people never wanted the game to change, but with more players, it needs to. You need to be the character the audience wants.

and see where the dead space franchise ended... from a real promising Sci Fi horror game, to a regular shoother (dead space 3) with really bad made design decisions...

there's a line where you please the audience by what its you, or where you loose your identity, and you become just one more, who sooner or later is forgotten, and i fear DE is crossing that line

Edited by Toppien

there's a line where you please the audience by what its you, or where you loose your identity, and you become just one more, who sooner or later is forgotten, and i fear DE is crossing that line

Hardly. Compared to the shift between DS 1-3, the shifts in Warframe are beyond minor. 

(Which was, nonetheless, a nice touch and I'd like to see as a new random weather.) The machineries are dirty and rusted, some of the water pumps ldack whole sections, part of the structures don't work anymore and nature has invaded what once was realm of civilization.

my post wasnt about color.dark as in dark ages. dark as in donnie darko. dark as in batmans subconcious. dark as in not super happy fun time. 

I dont agree, I only agree with new warframes coming out, its dumb and its stupid. It went from suits with special abilities to straight up magic.

God I wish DE could delete dumb frames like nekros, oberon ,limo, nova etc but its too late for that.

Monsters and magic.

Rhino can selectively stop time by stomping hard and they all get their powers from another dimension that gives an FU to science. They've always been using space magic. 

EDIT

Alternatively there are numerous BS, sci-fi, significantly advanced tech seems like magic reasons for their abilities. With the exception of Nekros, punching souls is just straight up mystical.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

You know, about the ninja topic....I spent some time watching playWarframe's videos. And the number of times Mr Steve say that we're doing "space ninja" stuff is huge, yet the community doesn't seem to really share the same feeling. That is sad imo.

tiniest_violin.gif

You know, about the ninja topic....I spent some time watching playWarframe's videos. And the number of times Mr Steve say that we're doing "space ninja" stuff is huge, yet the community doesn't seem to really share the same feeling. That is sad imo.

Well, the difference between space ninja and actual ninja is pretty large. We are doing space ninja stuff...it's just far removed from what actual ninja did, due to the whole space thing. 

Mark my words, DE will come back to it's "ninja" roots in warframe design soon... the tendency that gave us Limbo has come very far... but it's also coming to an end...

"Thou shall be heard tenno, for the fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree."

Edited by unknow99

Mark my words, DE will come back to it's "ninja" roots in warframe design soon... the tendency that gave us Limbo has come very far... but it's also coming to an end...

I think that Frame like Limbo, Hydroid (Beside the poor choice in name.) and Mirage are largely misunderstood.

Their appearance, so strongly contrasting with the 'frames of Orokin origin, may be a strong lore point.

They may be 'frames built by the Tenno themselves around a new generation of Voidtouched that exibhited a new series of powers. But unlike the Orokin who grafted the 'frames to direct the Tenno toward being their soldiers, these new ones had been built around the altered personality these Void-touched Tenno got.

A way to express the madness that had come upon them, a way to help them manage their powers but letting them free of being themselves, something the Orokin didn't.

Their presence may be a way from DE to show us why the Tenno had killed the Orokin. Because they realized that their Masters were abusing them, using them for their own purposes, killing them as people and turning the Tenno into nothing much that mindless warmachines.

And this really fits Warframe vibe.