Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

My average per round of viver was 200-300mods without a nekros. While it would cause framerate drop for sure esp. when looting them, there are many other solution then a hard cap. I feel bad for people running hr+ survivals or 25 wave+ defenses more than people running viver. Mods were always a bonus, rep is the main focus.

300 mods per round? That sounds like way beyond "good farming spot" and well into "ridiculous game exploit" territory to my ears. Not that the mods where what people were there for anyway. Not sure it's such a terrible loss.

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required. 

Thanks for clarifying that, also thanks for not realizing my biggest fear about that change. :) 

Edited by Grander.Alderman

How about people move their &#! to collect the loot every once in a while? Or stop whining and not collect the loot at all?

I see this only as a good thing. Viver should be addressed too. Sure, I love to farm it for free Tier 4 keys (5k rep = one run in Viver = 5x T4 keys), but it's still ridiculous and only promotes macros.

Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point

But why? A better idea would be if there are two mods close together, they will form to become one model but are still two separate entities.

If you have ever played Minecraft and blown up a ton of stuff and if items are in close proximity they will form to create one model.

• The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required.

Does this also fix the issue of some players being unable to see some mod drops in a mission? Usually one player will end up with less mods than everyone else (more noticeable in longer missions, especially if there is 100+ mod drops over the course of the run), see no more mods on the ground, yet other players can see the pile of mods and even waypoint them. The waypoint appears outside the map to the unlucky guy.

EDIT: Nope, even with the 50 cap some mods are still 'desyncing'.

Edited by Elvang

have to agree with many players....50 mods at a time is extremely low

just because its possible to get a lot from interceptions because of viver, eris does not mean its hard to hit this mod cap in other missions.....

sorry but youre just hurting players and your game with this decision

to those complaining about viver,

i fell this was a good move.  as when i farm for mods, i dont let 50+ sit on the gound, if i get lucky and even get 50-100 mods for 40+ mins.

i also find that exploiting the way maps are set up and sitting in one spot and spamming a button, is not teamwork.  this is instead laziness.  also, doing this is also hard on servers as well as client computers when you let 200-300 mods sit in a given spot.  just because its not YOUR computer or teammates computers having issues doesnt mean this isnt affecting other sections of said server.

now, because people have exploited this flaw in the game, those who by chance do have that 50th mods on the ground and is working franticly to keep things such as LS going now have to suffer due to this fix in order to just keep viver in check.

Dropping spawn rate in that map would make the way it is intead even boring as people would likely be camping enemy spawns just to keep up on the fun.  wheres the fun in camping spawns? wheres the fun in sitting in 1 spot and spamming a button?  if im doing t1 def, for 30-40 rounds you can get up to 500+ points.  thats a few 1,000 every day.  which i think is a decent ammount.  yes, i can understand that higher lvl people are not too happy about this as i can see having 1000's of hours of work, then seeing more work just to get the mods that are held by syndicates.

the 50 mods limit sucks, we all know.  but instead of changing the way a part of a map works (as changing the map takes time, and money) they opt to try and fix it in other ways.

for all those campers, thanks for exploiting maps because your too lazy to play it the right way.  maybe you should play something else. possibly perfect world or other games where there is auto mapping for you fools too.

Does this also fix the issue of some players being unable to see some mod drops in a mission? Usually one player will end up with less mods than everyone else (more noticeable in longer missions, especially if there is 100+ mod drops over the course of the run), see no more mods on the ground, yet other players can see the pile of mods and even waypoint them. The waypoint appears outside the map to the unlucky guy.

^ i am sure it takes a lot of programming to have individual mod drop account for this change....i really hope they did not just throw this out there to alleviate that very very few angry about viver....because if i get 50 mods....and collected half but another player on my squad has not -> then no more mods drop because of that single player....this is gonna cause a lot of backlash

Good change in the short run. Hopefully a better long run solution can be found.

This is not a Viver nerf so much as it is a unattended/easy farming nerf. To get the mods you actually have to go pick them up. If your on a team you have to actually stay together close enough to pick up mods together. If your farming unattended you will only walk away with 50 mods. If your on Viver, you have to actually move near the spawn points to pick up loot or finish a capture round to pick up with a couple stragglers out there.

In the end, the game simply isn't designed for now to balance going huge numbers of rounds on defense, hours of survival and the like. Viver runs shouldn't be going for 2+ hours a round before people pick up their mods nor should carrier farming be doing the same for entire evenings.

This fix is needed to keep the game healthy. If getting all your mods is as easy as setting a macro for the night or having a coordinated team play for 2 hours, then the market for mods, parts, and even syndicate items drops way to fast for the challenge to remain in the game and the economy begins to see a overabundance of items causing price deflation, power inflation, and a series of other issues.

Good change to stop the bleeding, now lets see what the better long term fix they arrive at might be. If anyone has ideas feel free to share them, but keep the spirit of the change in mind and not allow for unattended farming or excessive static camps.

All good for the hotfix but... come on : 50 mods ONLY ???!

man We can do interceptions and get more than 300 mods in a wave, and with no way to pick them up (if we don't want to die you know).

And while I agree with the post above mine, this nerf I think doesnt justify itself.

So for the first time : thumbs down.

Edited by LouisThau

to those complaining about viver,

i fell this was a good move.  as when i farm for mods, i dont let 50+ sit on the gound, if i get lucky and even get 50-100 mods for 40+ mins.

i also find that exploiting the way maps are set up and sitting in one spot and spamming a button, is not teamwork.  this is instead laziness.  also, doing this is also hard on servers as well as client computers when you let 200-300 mods sit in a given spot.  just because its not YOUR computer or teammates computers having issues doesnt mean this isnt affecting other sections of said server.

now, because people have exploited this flaw in the game, those who by chance do have that 50th mods on the ground and is working franticly to keep things such as LS going now have to suffer due to this fix in order to just keep viver in check.

Dropping spawn rate in that map would make the way it is intead even boring as people would likely be camping enemy spawns just to keep up on the fun.  wheres the fun in camping spawns? wheres the fun in sitting in 1 spot and spamming a button?  if im doing t1 def, for 30-40 rounds you can get up to 500+ points.  thats a few 1,000 every day.  which i think is a decent ammount.  yes, i can understand that higher lvl people are not too happy about this as i can see having 1000's of hours of work, then seeing more work just to get the mods that are held by syndicates.

the 50 mods limit sucks, we all know.  but instead of changing the way a part of a map works (as changing the map takes time, and money) they opt to try and fix it in other ways.

for all those campers, thanks for exploiting maps because your too lazy to play it the right way.  maybe you should play something else. possibly perfect world or other games where there is auto mapping for you fools too.

^ 1k every day you say? it takes 240k to reach maximum rank....are you willing to spend 240 days in this game knowing that it will take 240 days to reach the maximum reputation? this is not counting the cost or time that it would take in order to gain the mods from these syndicates

Since this hotfix, i loose next to all my FPS due to memory leaks, the problem was not the mods on the map but now seems to be the equation to remove the mods, so, not only have the loss of mods killed abit of fun but the ability to even play the game at this time.

I find your solution to Viver by nurfing loot also a joke, and even for farming in ODD, T4, or ANY other map including archwings! those mods are hard enough to find and NOW all them affinity orbs may even de-spawn mods so you could miss the low drop rates for them anyway! 

This "Band Aid" is a dissapointment and i feel the community will plummet from this.  

Edited by Versuvious

^ 1k every day you say? it takes 240k to reach maximum rank....are you willing to spend 240 days in this game knowing that it will take 240 days to reach the maximum reputation? this is not counting the cost or time that it would take in order to gain the mods from these syndicates

i ment that to be several 1k, as in, i get around 3k per day.  so around 70 or so day, which isnt all that bad honestly.  not to mention they are looking into higher sigel giving more rep.  and the mods they give are sometimes just okayish while others seem pretty nifty.  I dont mind having to save up points.  the only real things that i want are the Large health/energy/ammo restore BP's.  if this game was about getting everything in 1/2 months, i dont think i would be playing this game.

Here are my 2 Cents about the 50 mod cap:

This so called "performance fix" is perfectly understandable if you look at it from an economical point of view.

Yes, the 50 mod cap is basically adressed for Viver. But why you might ask.

Well, with way more than 250 mods (average) per run, where about 50-80 of them are Common Fusion Cores (considering the other cores, this means a combined of 10-20 R5 Cores seen as Fusion Energy) it already started to destabilize the currency system DE is using, Platinum.

The easier it is to farm Cores, the less the Platinum cost in Trade channel, thus creating a devaluation of Platinum over time.

So basically the "performance fix" appears to be nothing more than a not so honest way of trying to salvage their income.

As for now it is still possible to get more than 50 mods per Viver run, and people will adapt to this by evolving new strategies and still abuse it like ther's no tomorrow.

Be it looting every 25%, or try other combinations of capped points to speed up the round.

But make no mistake, Viver will still get hit by the nerf bat in one way or the other.

Not only because of the mods, but considering it is probably not intended to get 10k+ kills for half an hour of idling with macro on (plus all the xp you get from it).

As always, take everything i just said with a grain of salt.

Still no fix for ash's teleport and Bladestorm skill being able to teleport you into walls and out of the map...or disabling finisher and back kill prompts when not the host  (which can happen to any frame by the way)

I remember being pushed into the void by a Rhino Prime because he wanted both seats next to the wall.

Since this hotfix, i loose next to all my FPS due to memory leaks, the problem was not the mods on the map but now seems to be the equation to remove the mods, so, not only have the loss of mods killed abit of fun but the ability to even play the game at this time.

I find your solution to Viver by nurfing loot also a joke, and even for farming in ODD, T4, or ANY other map including archwings! those mods are hard enough to find and NOW all them affinity orbs may even de-spawn mods so you could miss the low drop rates for them anyway! 

This "Band Aid" is a dissapointment and i feel the community will plummet from this.  

its just on mods.  so the orbs and all that dont count toward this.  (when the 51st mod drops the 1st mod if it hasnt been touched will be despawned)

Changes

• Improved performance and stability of long missions by setting a cap on active Mods in a session. 50 mods can now exist simultaneously before new mods will replace the old.

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required.

I am shaking my head. Part in laughter, part in disappointment.

No, the main point is not that some movement is required.

The main point is a cheap, thoughtless, unimaginative, quick-dirty hack which serves more as a corporal punishment to the innocent than anything else.

Playing Defence IV was already a wretched, yawning, unrewarding experience with R5 drops being truly rare, for whatever reason, and ammo dump mods becoming the new currency of the game.

At the poor 5-10 seconds one has between Defence, or Interception, waves to pick the mods that drop - and mods DO drop in a nice large quantity (3 mods in 10 waves of defence? where did you play, Venus?!?!) - is insufficient. At this point: I'd also like to add that it would be nice to have a 5 minute timer in between waves 30 and 31 for a short break for refreshment; we've been playing over a hour you know.

If you want to stop the Interception farming, what you do is you impose a time limit on the duration a single wave session can last which leads to failure if not completed by then.

Id est, a game session begins. After 20 minutes of not victory, a short countdown timer will commence (5 minutes). If victory over the wave is not achieved by then, the mission fails.

Simple. Elegant. Serves the purpose.

It is already rather aggravating that ammo and energy/health orbs disappear off the map.

That mods would disappear is downright ludicrous.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Here are my 2 Cents about the 50 mod cap:

This so called "performance fix" is perfectly understandable if you look at it from an economical point of view.

Yes, the 50 mod cap is basically adressed for Viver. But why you might ask.

Well, with way more than 250 mods (average) per run, where about 50-80 of them are Common Fusion Cores (considering the other cores, this means a combined of 10-20 R5 Cores seen as Fusion Energy) it already started to destabilize the currency system DE is using, Platinum.

The easier it is to farm Cores, the less the Platinum cost in Trade channel, thus creating a devaluation of Platinum over time.

So basically the "performance fix" appears to be nothing more than a not so honest way of trying to salvage their income.

As for now it is still possible to get more than 50 mods per Viver run, and people will adapt to this by evolving new strategies and still abuse it like ther's no tomorrow.

Be it looting every 25%, or try other combinations of capped points to speed up the round.

But make no mistake, Viver will still get hit by the nerf bat in one way or the other.

Not only because of the mods, but considering it is probably not intended to get 10k+ kills for half an hour of idling with macro on (plus all the xp you get from it).

As always, take everything i just said with a grain of salt.

you are correct, also, if no1 is buying plat, they have no way to keep the game going or pay their employees.  and not paying employee is not okay.  also, it would make rank 10 mods (such as damage mods) worth 1/5 or 1/3 of what they are not.  making those who play to rank it up meaningless if everyone plays viver and can rank it to 10 in a matter of days.

its just on mods.  so the orbs and all that dont count toward this.  (when the 51st mod drops the 1st mod if it hasnt been touched will be despawned)

incorrect. just ran a viver with my nekros, there was 10-13 mods pre wave total and the resources and orbs also seem to count towards this "mod limit" go check it out for yourself. This maybe a bug and needs to be fixed. 

Also, think about it... you need long farms to get things like gleaming talon, or stalking fan ( unless transmuted ) and imagine being in a long interception or endless mission type to farm for this and e.g 300 mods drop per round yet you only get 50 and you dont see e.g rare gleaming talon drop back in the first 250, you hae now lost that mod and its stupidly low drop rate. thats my point.