The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male Gunslinger

Spargeus

I would prefer to have a male gunslinger than a female.Seems more cool to me  http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130220213706/darksiders/images/b/bd/Darksiders_strife_joe_mad_by_zeag.jpeg

, not my creation

You do realize one of the riders of the apocalypse does not make for a Tenno, let alone a rider who can NEVER keep track of his guns.

It came back.

Forum. Shtahp. plz.

BTW, gender is so irrelevant in this game it's funny.

Doesnt seem so. Some people must have low self confidence when they are feeling off by using female frames.

Tho, most of the players dont really care about genders of specific frames.

No she's perfect as she is, and as a few people mentioned, not super overly feminine, which seems perfect.

Now that they dropped the whole ninja stuff they should also drop that whole unique character BS and just make different versions of each frame.

It was never about lore though, it was about assets. That didn't change, you make a new model for each frame if you want 'em.

Edited by NearoC

I find the female to be more fitting. Only male gunslinger I can think of is Billy the Kid. I've heard of so many more females being famous.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what gender. Still a cool idea anyway.

OH! But nice pic! Joe Mad's a wonderful artist! I've practiced from contour drawing a picture he did of Death from Darksiders II. Came out epic.

Oh gender........... it's a thing. I'm still pushing for the complete abolition of gender locking in any form, but it's sort of something I've learn to accept and put up with since I rally like warframe........ meh it really isn't such a big deal.  

There have been many many famous female gunslingers throughout history.

Yes but.... that really isn't here nor there.

Ash was one of those. People really liked his concept art where he was a female with a scorpion-like ponytail.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130424234329/warframe/images/a/a4/Ash_Female_Concept.png

Honestly, if it weren't for female Ash, and the curiosity of what a female Vauban and male Valkyr would be, I would never have even cared about the ability to switch genders.

Besides, we have about 20+ frames now. Even if DE planned on doing this feature, it'd take a long time before it was implemented.

They have to redo every single frame's models to accomodate male/female features, and change EVERYTHING.

And look at Nyx and Excal even! What will we do with them?

Slap their counterpart's helmet on and eureka, male Nyx? Female Excal?

Edited by WingedCrusade

Honestly, if it weren't for female Ash, and the curiosity of what a female Vauban and male Valkyr would be, I would never have even cared about the ability to switch genders.

Besides, we have about 20+ frames now. Even if DE planned on doing this feature, it'd take a long time before it was implemented.

They have to redo every single frame's models to accomodate male/female features, and change EVERYTHING.

And look at Nyx and Excal even! What will we do with them?

Slap their counterpart's helmet on and eureka, male Nyx? Female Excal?

I completely agree with you, I have more interest in design than in gender. So if the female gunslinger or any other male or female frame looks good, I don't care much about the gender.

Didn't we already go through this? Well at least this time it's more clear that OP is using media in his/her choice of grammatical gender. Though I don't see why some people can't imagine a female gunslinger. It almost seems like a few people are set in stone about what gender they choose for nouns.

Apart from a few frames like rhino and ash, the male frames could have loosely passed for androgynous. (Think volt, excal who even got a female version, limbo, nekros, hell even frost). The females in general(poor mag), however, are designed a little too hypersexualized to apply androgyny. No codpieces and breasts would have been a much more efficient design scheme. Afterall, the exoskeletons are just a shell. I hope DE has a purpose for the genders, but I shant hold my breath.

I hope DE has a purpose for the genders, but I shant hold my breath.

U wot m8?

A "purpose" for the genders? I thought this was a video game about shooting people... What does gen-

You know what? I'm not even going to discuss the word "gender" because these things aren't human. The only reason you think they have a gender is that you are projecting what you know about human physiology onto them.

"This one has boobs, so it's a girl"

"This one has a bulge, so it's a boy"

Do you know what I see? A pirate, a knight, a berserker, a healer, a ninja etc etc etc. Open your mind. This is fantasy. This is a video game. We shoot stuff in the face, and have fun picking up what drops from corpses. Once you stop caring what imaginary genitals a character has, you'll start to have more fun.

U wot m8?

A "purpose" for the genders? I thought this was a video game about shooting people... What does gen-

You know what? I'm not even going to discuss the word "gender" because these things aren't human. The only reason you think they have a gender is that you are projecting what you know about human physiology onto them.

"This one has boobs, so it's a girl"

"This one has a bulge, so it's a boy"

Do you know what I see? A pirate, a knight, a berserker, a healer, a ninja etc etc etc. Open your mind. This is fantasy. This is a video game. We shoot stuff in the face, and have fun picking up what drops from corpses. Once you stop caring what imaginary genitals a character has, you'll start to have more fun.

I'll elaborate a few things. Genders dont bother me, I play all the frames. My comment about purpose was grounded on the idea that maybe there is lore behind the genders of the frames. They may have been designed in the image of the original owners. I dont know, we still dont know what lies inside.

Gender is most definitively our perception, hence why they were designed as such. It was intentional to have them appear as "boy" or "girl" and I hold nothing against them for doing it. I just wanted to state that it might have been so much easier to intentional design them as what most would percieve as genderless rather than have us 'pretend' they were as you are suggesting I do. Nothing personal m8, but my comment was oversimplified.