Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hubs: Why Not Mr 14?

Kratos

I Think it seems a little unfair that only MR 15+ and Founders Master+ get to test the new features. Us MR 14s' (And all of the Lower-Level Founders, not me, persay) have been here long enough to help out as well. Why so steep a lock?

MR 14s (or lower), aren't missing out on anything at all. The hubs are far from enjoyable/playable.

Runs like crap: 6-10 FPS on my gtx780 when the hub is fully populated

Crashes every 2 - 3 minutes

Besides that^ you have to be lucky enough to successfully join the Hub without getting a black screen or just another crash...

DE still has a lot of optimizing to do.

mastery 15 is actually a really good limit on this. they generally have a pretty good understanding of everything first off, and they have been here for quite a while. if you want to hop on to the hubs, go do some mastery fodder. 

but you really are not missing anything, if you want to walk around and do pointless things, go to a dojo, its a lot better optimised and you dont get the crashing.

I'm surprised there isn't more flame, but maybe that just speaks to how few people actually have MR 15+. Someone else mentioned that hubs can't take everyone at once, and I'm sure DE looked at the numbers before deciding on the limit and based the access on the number of people they thought they could handle.

Let it be noted that all tiers of Founders are able to access the Hub. I saw a Disciple in the chat last night.

Also, there are actually several thousand Founders, not just a few hundred like some people might claim.

The restrictions are set as high as they are because the Hubs are something completely new. DE doesn't want to make the underlying systems break by putting too much strain on them.

well there is only like 3-5% of people that are 15+ and founder is like a couple hundred (not sure how many bought into it.)

It's closer to over 2k users, all Founders can enter and the MR15 populous is about 3x larger than they. Someone did the metrics in another thread and Steve mentioned they had at least 500 players in the Hub at one point. It's not a small test base.

I Think it seems a little unfair that only MR 15+ and Founders Master+ get to test the new features. Us MR 14s' (And all of the Lower-Level Founders, not me, persay) have been here long enough to help out as well. Why so steep a lock?

if the limit was MR14, then this thread would have been made by someone at MR13, complaining. Stop whining and get your rank up if you want to get into the hub.

mastery 15 is actually a really good limit on this. they generally have a pretty good understanding of everything first off, and they have been here for quite a while. if you want to hop on to the hubs, go do some mastery fodder. 

but you really are not missing anything, if you want to walk around and do pointless things, go to a dojo, its a lot better optimised and you dont get the crashing.

I'm MR15, I've only been playing for 2 months, and I only use rhino prime and boltor prime. I've never used a forma on any piece of equipment, I only have half the solar map completed, and I played my first hijack mission ever TODAY.