Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of All That Is Good, Please Fix The Forced Extraction In Archwing

AureusVulpes

Make it some kind of dialogue box choice where if you click no, it warps you back into range.

I just had to go far out of bounds to kill enemies faceplanted on the far side of an asteroid in interception. I used Repel, like a smart person to jar them loose so I could kill them at range. As I turned around and began to return directly to a tower (please note that I was not moving further out of bounds) Ordis force extracted me.

I'm sorry, what? I was returning to the battlefield. Why the he- ORDIS. STAHP.

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Were you with any allies? For some (dumb) reason, when allies are out of bounds it extracts the whole squad.

I was, but the rest of my allies, best i could tell, refused to leave the nearest point (B) in pursuit.

Even still, force extracting only one person doesn't fix forced extraction.

Edited by AureusVulpes

I was, but the rest of my allies, best i could tell, refused to leave the nearest point (B) in pursuit.

Even still, force extracting only one person doesn't fix forced extraction.

Yeah, personally forced extraction should either be fixed/clearly shown, or we should just have map borders that trap us in for the mission. (If not, freeroaming in space) I don't understand though, why the whole squad gets extracted given I've experienced "trolls" that would help during most of the mission, and near the end force extract.

Definitely on our 'must fix'. 

Some helpful info:

Any maps worse offenders than others? Consistent in certain scenarios or it just 'happens'!!!!? 

On the PS4, it still happens once a while (but much better compared to when U15 first hit PS4).  There is only the outerspace interception map, but the capture points and asteroid/debris field spawn location sometimes make them more susceptible.

Wouldn't a simple fix be just to delete the code that does the forced extraction?  Just have the warming ordis message is good enough.  If a tenno insist on going further out of bounds, just make him hit a virtual wall (like in trench run) or just respawn him at the map boundary.

On the PS4, it still happens once a while (but much better compared to when U15 first hit PS4).  There is only the outerspace interception map, but the capture points and asteroid/debris field spawn location sometimes make them more susceptible.

Wouldn't a simple fix be just to delete the code that does the forced extraction?  Just have the warming ordis message is good enough.  If a tenno insist on going further out of bounds, just make him hit a virtual wall (like in trench run) or just respawn him at the map boundary.

I'd prefer the respawn. It's like when you get too low in a normal map, it takes you to where you should be. Why change that, ya know?

Edited by PickleMonster21

Half the problems with forced extraction would probably be solved if enemies simply didn't go out past the extraction perimeter.  There have been times I couldn't finish a wave of interception because by the time I got in range to damage the remaining enemies I got forced out of the mission.

In some cases it's pretty easy to reach that extraction range too if you've got a lot of enemies on your tail at Uranus and you're focusing on dodging missiles and returning fire.

Some helpful info:

Any maps worse offenders than others? Consistent in certain scenarios or it just 'happens'!!!!? 

I think a balanced fix would be to teleport you back to spawn point. That way there is still a penalty for going out of bounds, as you have to go catch up to your squad mates / mission objective areas.

The worst offenders are the Archwing Interception maps. Enemies spawn at the end that are near the borders. You go to chase them you are ejected. 

I had a host chase down an enemy and force extracted last night doing Earth-Erpop.. i was kicked back to my liset due to host migration & lost out on a corvid receiver, among other items.. the Last Mission results screen showed my mission prior to that so I was unable to rejoin.. third person in the squad that remained in mission was able to finish normally..

The teleport option (same as when you fall off the map in a regular mission) sounds like a much better option than being extracted.I'm not sure how much extra work it would be but I think it should also apply to pickups.

You risk being teleported at the space border again and being stuck teleporting over and over again trying to find your way back. I recommend respawning you completely at mission start point instead.

Some helpful info:

I've had sufficiently more problems with  the saturn archwing mission forcing an extraction as opposed to toher maps, and that is 17 forced  extractions out of a total of the 150 i recorded across the grineer nodes. I only had 6 on the earth intercept and  2 on the mercury exterminate, in addition to this. I'll need to recheck my recordings for the missions to be sure, however

Additionally, sometimes the jupiter sabotage mission only spawns the frist few tiles, and leave no way whatsoever to reach the reactor core, with the waypoint pointing towards somewhere outside the map, resulting in a dead end and forcing a mission abort. If I encounter this again I'll send in a screenshot, though it's only happened about 4 times so far

I think a balanced fix would be to teleport you back to spawn point. That way there is still a penalty for going out of bounds, as you have to go catch up to your squad mates / mission objective areas.

The worst offenders are the Archwing Interception maps. Enemies spawn at the end that are near the borders. You go to chase them you are ejected.

I had a host chase down an enemy and force extracted last night doing Earth-Erpop.. i was kicked back to my liset due to host migration & lost out on a corvid receiver, among other items.. the Last Mission results screen showed my mission prior to that so I was unable to rejoin.. third person in the squad that remained in mission was able to finish normally..

I was the third person in this particular mission. After the host got force extracted and my other teammate kicked to his Liset , I spawned back in the mission, but I was pinned in place. There was nothing around me to get stuck in. I was just stuck. I had to use my long range missiles to finish the mission. HARDLY what I would call a normal finish to a mission.

Edited by MariAnnette

For "when", it's been a while, but "D" node on interceptions tended to be high in the map, with the rock on it sticking out of the extraction part. Have lost a lot of squad mates(myself included) to that particular configuration.

Not entirely sure if it still happens(haven't done an AW intercept in a while), but it was heavily prevalent at the time.

As far as I can tell 'Forced Extraction' tends to kick in if you go too far from any of the asteroid clusters, if you stick relatively close to them it rarely happens. Though I have been force extracted within 100 meters of an interception location...

That being said it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. None!

If a player gets lost there's always a clear waypoint marker as to which way they should be going, and if a player wants to quit they can always just abort the mission. What purpose does it serve?

The Dev's should stop trolling the players with it and remove it already.

The "corridor" map does not work for space battles, we need a spherical representation of where to go instead.

This would also prevent "getting lost" or give better indication whether I really went beyond the map or was extracted by glitchy mechanics.

IF you insist on keeping forced extraction... This never worked since Archwing day one, just let it go and we'll pretend it never happened.

Yep just teleport the too far ennemis/players

And we can be kick without been chasing far ennemies.

I remeber be kicked 1-2 time really near a point (less than 100m), still haven't understand how could be possible.

(seems occurs when I capture point far from the one I was just defending.)

Please REMOVE force extraction.

I don't think we should be trying to fix it because it is just a bad system.

Why can't we do this? Its simple, efficient, and trust me if you wanted to extract you would do so from your menu instead.

Having Ordis fly in and pick you up when you don't want it is really annoying. Especially when your farming for arching parts on Uranus interception. That's really annoying.

Some helpful info:

Have had it happen consistently on Exterminate Archwing missions in open maps. Basically all the Grineer ones, since the corpus ones are inside the trench run type map if I'm not mistaken.

Hello Tenno,

as it turns out our safe volume pass described here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348652-open-space-archwing-missions-extractions-and-you/ wasn't thorough enough. I have gone through the interception base levels and adjusted these again. With the next hotfix the volumes should now be more forgiving in Interception levels as well.

Please note that consoles do not have either fix yet.