Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.5.9

[DE]Megan

What all players and DE need to understand is that it does not matter what changes they make to various maps, you can farm rep points exceedingly easily in a massive number of places. What is allowing us to do so is the Rep being tied to affinity gain. LOL at all Cerberus farmers and viver farmers who are mad. Do ANY defense or ANY survival and watch the easy rep farm. Sure it might take you a few more to get it but dmn all this crying a grow up a bit. On another note you CAN do Excavations at an easy to manage level if you cap a few and only defend the last(do not power it).

I think what you need to understand is that there isn't anything that is particularly gripping on pacing to the player. There is also this problem of bullet sponge difficulty over mechanical difficulty. If a player feels they're being cheated by the game in terms of mechanics then they have a bad experience and it turns into "grinding", if a player is challenged and feels respected by the game by the choices the game changes in the player's environment then the player feels "challenged and accepted" by the game.

You should really go read:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/theres-already-a-new-loot-cave-in-destiny/

-- Sound familiar?

There will always be a Loot Cave and what we shouldn't be doing is discouraging player behaviour we should be building better mechanics, better pacing and a better environment for the player(s) to play in. So if the player feels that these first 4 waves of the interception aren't up to expectation of the playerbase it should be re-done.

Pacing is also very important because Cerberus is a higher tier level range wise so around Wave 3 or 4 there should be differing mechanics. But not ramped up at Round 1. The most important thing once you get the mechanics straight (needs more polish) is pacing and ramp-up towards the player's expectational experience.

Edited by Kinjeto

What all players and DE need to understand is that it does not matter what changes they make to various maps, you can farm rep points exceedingly easily in a massive number of places. What is allowing us to do so is the Rep being tied to affinity gain. LOL at all Cerberus farmers and viver farmers who are mad. Do ANY defense or ANY survival and watch the easy rep farm. Sure it might take you a few more to get it but dmn all this crying a grow up a bit. On another note you CAN do Excavations at an easy to manage level if you cap a few and only defend the last(do not power it).

If you're player base is just leaving at Wave 5 what does that say about the game?

Edited by Kinjeto

Cerberus is fine I just ran it to wave 4 with mirage and got 7k rep some guy with me who had an affinity booster for 14k rep

that is HORRIBLE... no offense when me and my clan would do 4 waves me and another guy had 15% sigils got on average about 20k with no boosters ): if its that low its honestly not even worth the time and effort anymore

"Sent Nullifier Crewman into Cerberus to help reiforce the Corpus forces there." 

This just made Jupiter missions a lot easier and you have just added some sort of barrier for us for getting more reputation per round... At least you haven't made mistake at such big scale like it was in 15.2...

What about syndicate weapons? They really need bigger buff or at least some change (especially Rakta Ballistica which is pretty much for mastery right now). Synoid Gammacor (finally we have another high tier secondary) and Vaykor Marelok doesn't doesn't need any change tho. Except for Rakta Ballistica (only switch of dmg, 3 more firerate and 4 more bolts in mag) Secura Dual Cestra (only 5 more dmg, 2.5% more crit chance and 2.5% more status than Dual Cestra) and Sancti Castanas (only 15 more dmg, 5% more crit chance and 5% more status chance than Castanas) need some more love. Personally i will get them for that 9 000 more mastery only because there are more interesting weapons. I wouldn't mind some bigger buff to Telos Akbolto but they have already nice Burst DPS which sometimes might beat Boltor Prime.

Another thing: Mutalist Alad V Coords... Why wouldn't they drop from new infested or even from Hive missions with uncommon - rare drop chance? This would be much better idea than freakin Infested Outbreaks which might have chance to contain Coord as reward. This would be actually great idea since new Alad has created these new infested based on his Transmision.

"Reduce stun rate of various NPC weapons used in Archwing Missions."

Finally farming Elytron won't be such annoying thing... I'm really thankful for that change.

Also thanks for rest of the changes and fixes they sounds really useful especially for Mesa.

The best thing that can be said about the Cerberus thing.

We all saw it coming.

DE is inconsistent in all the least beneficial places and predictable in all the most obvious parts.

Edit : A choice between expanding the stuff to get or just blindly throwing a rock in the path and calling it a 'challenge' to slow us down. Seeeeeeriously.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Love the fix DE. Great job on all points :)

I know you already know about the lingering issue of *ahem* the hold to crouch button on controllers still having a delay because of the roll, but you will get to that eventually.

Great fix though! Time to bring my Mesa back out (pew pew)

that is HORRIBLE... no offense when me and my clan would do 4 waves me and another guy had 15% sigils got on average about 20k with no boosters ): if its that low its honestly not even worth the time and effort anymore

Stop whining, you're pretty much saying "Duhhhh I want to reach endgame just as fast as all the hard working people but by only doing one mission a day"

Why would you need to get 20k standing in ONE mission? Why not just play the game normally and reach the daily cap in like an hour?

Seriously, I would have been happy with a 3x standing boost, but DE gave us a 10x boost! The tradeoff for earning it super fast compared to before is that we have a daily cap. I would say that anything above 1000 in a mission is a pretty good amount.

Wanting to get it all in one mission is just like saying "I want the rewards but I don't actually want to play the game very much"

I think what you need to understand is that there isn't anything that is particularly gripping on pacing to the player. There is also this problem of bullet sponge difficulty over mechanical difficulty. If a player feels they're being cheated by the game in terms of mechanics then they have a bad experience and it turns into "grinding", if a player is challenged and feels respected by the game by the choices the game changes in the player's environment then the player feels "challenged and accepted" by the game.

You should really go read:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/theres-already-a-new-loot-cave-in-destiny/

-- Sound familiar?

There will always be a Loot Cave and what we shouldn't be doing is discouraging player behaviour we should be building better mechanics, better pacing and a better environment for the player(s) to play in. So if the player feels that these first 4 waves of the interception aren't up to expectation of the playerbase it should be re-done.

Pacing is also very important because Cerberus is a higher tier level range wise so around Wave 3 or 4 there should be differing mechanics. But not ramped up at Round 1. The most important thing once you get the mechanics straight (needs more polish) is pacing and ramp-up towards the player's expectational experience.

I mostly agree with this. I like nullifiers, but the difficulty should increase fairly quickly as rounds go up. Start of fairly easy on round 1, just like defense, then get harder and harder as it goes by maybe 25% of the original difficulty. Also, smoothing out the controls where they are lacking (which is not a whole lot of areas really, but still some) will make it feel more legitimately challenging rather than trying to be as tanky as possible. I LOVE the fact that DE made it so that you are harder to hit while performing advanced movement, but in the same update, they also made it so that it is extremely difficult to perform advanced movement for controller users like me because of delaying some controls, so I haven't even gotten to experience that awesome "jump around and be agile to avoid being shot" aspect of the game yet, and won't be able to until roll is unbound from hold to crouch completely :/

nice update, but in archwing has a nasty bug where your frame is stuck in one place and can't move at all. i killed all enemies around and try everything for 5 mins, but nothing help - i can shoot, use abilites, even sprint, but really - i do not move from the spot.

Definitely waiting to see a reduction in the amount of damage-reduct that ancient healers give their allies. Seems like it is way OP, especially when they themselves get the buff. Ogris used to be a viable go-to weapon for clearing areas, now it's as good as a rock sling.

Changes:

• Sent Nullifier Crewmen into Cerberus to help reinforce the Corpus forces there.

YOU HAVE ENTERED NO FUN ALLOWED ZONE

The controversial Nullifier units, which are lore-wise and gameplay-wise absurd, have been added to where it hurts most!

STALKER LORE AND WHY CORPUS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THIS

UPDATE ON SITUATION, EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE

To DE: do you even listen to feedback?

To nullifying Corpus supporters: do we play the same game?

• Sent Nullifier Crewmen into Cerberus to help reinforce the Corpus forces there.

why relieves hysteria??? why that would kill him go to the ball with a radius of 10 meters? under 10 trunks mobs? why did he even stop bullets? and why have 2-3 clips it to break

p.s. sorry for my english

Where to start.

I'm a relative unknown here (or maybe not for some people ingame) and it is sad that my first post on this forum will be about this.

I started playing in late august, early september at the insisting prompt of a friend of mine who was playing since the very beginning. After some...Difficult getting used to I found myself liking this game. Then, came my second frame, Rhino like for most, then followed by valkyr.

I found myself loving this game which explain why I played almost 800 hours since then. Which also explain why even through i could have farmed for platinum on my own, instead of buying it I ended up buying lots of it, without most of the time prompt of a discount, or a lotus token, and so on.

If I'm posting now, it isn't to get congratulations about it all, now standing at a solid 14 Mastery rank (which is still nothing compared to 18 and some, here I do not expect any kind of congratulations again.)

I did not participate on the Viver-Nerf onslaught, insisting of taking a wait and see procedure and instead trusting in the devs to listen to their community.

But now...I'm forced to say something because as a player I do not like the direction warframe is taking lately and I could find myself stopping playing all together.

Why, why in the name of why Nullifier crewmen?

I will be the first protesting about Ash sitting on an energy restore spamming 4 until breaking their finger, I played Ash, Forma'd it and then put it back in the closet... For that very reason. But nullifier crewman ARE an issue.

=> Firstly : Lore Wise. Now Lore MAY NOT be everyone preoccupation, but it is one of the reason I'm playing warframe instead of let's say...COD. I like game that make me dream with their lore, like the Elder Scrolls. Lore wise, Warframe is not quite there, but there IS potential. Tenno are basically space gods (Hence the name, Tenno -> Ten-Oh -> Japanese for Kings of Heaven). Their powers are so much shrouded in mystery that thousands of years after the orokin era, it still eludes Corpus, Grineer and so on... Or should I say eluded.

Nullifier crewmen, in the name of trying to "balence" abilities made them useless and threw that notion out of the window.

No, Corpus should NOT be able to stop you from using your abilities, especially in a game where the main niche is those powers in the first place. WHy playing warframe instead of another generic shoot / hack&slash otherwise ?!

Player grind forma, reactors, then build their frame to get satisfied when your abilities are so powerful they nuke a map, it is EARNED. And should not be taken away. Never.

==> Second : Some frames just became useless in corpus High level. I'm not speaking about Ash, or even Mag, I'm speaking about Vakyr, and Loki. EVEN ENTERING THEIR FREAKIN SHIELD... CANCEL YOUR HYSTERIA ? That makes me... Well hysteric. Congrats, frames are losing even more selling points.

===> Third : The shield. The freakin shield. Something balanced, making so homer's drinking bird can't play the game instead of you would have been targeting spots of the shield to make it break from afar THEN use ability but no. Three arrows from my dread (And trust me, it is a maxxed out Dread) don't even scratch it. If that isn't forcing us to use high fire rate weapons instead of pinpoint accuracy one, what is ? I won't open another can of worms with bringing on the table how bad snipers have it in this game. Please, make it so we CAN crush that shield. From afar. Then it will be at least balenced.

=====> Last thing. I won't be someone just complaining about an implement, pointing flaws in something that took obviously a lot of work (I saw how nullifiers were steadily implemented, before moving them to the reason they were created : Viver, Cerberus, same fight really). I will make suggestions about how it could be improved :

Lore Wise : A nullifier shield isn't something that should be. We all know it. Make it so the shield produces interferences stopping from targeting mobs within it. But once inside it, it does not cancel abilities or stop you from using them.

2-To counteract this, apply a damage buffer to corpus within the shield, still making it hazardous to venture inside without a Bulbasaur...Woops, wrong game.

3-Make it so targeting several spot on the shield make it collapse.

I need to thank DE for this experience, warframe is a great game, but it should NOT deny everything it has been made for, to be original, to make us have a great experience. I know you will read this message, I'm not the only one who feels like it, and I truly hope something will come out of this.

This paper deserves its own thread.