Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.5.9

[DE]Megan

Where to start.

I'm a relative unknown here (or maybe not for some people ingame) and it is sad that my first post on this forum will be about this.

I started playing in late august, early september at the insisting prompt of a friend of mine who was playing since the very beginning. After some...Difficult getting used to I found myself liking this game. Then, came my second frame, Rhino like for most, then followed by valkyr.

I found myself loving this game which explain why I played almost 800 hours since then. Which also explain why even through i could have farmed for platinum on my own, instead of buying it I ended up buying lots of it, without most of the time prompt of a discount, or a lotus token, and so on.

If I'm posting now, it isn't to get congratulations about it all, now standing at a solid 14 Mastery rank (which is still nothing compared to 18 and some, here I do not expect any kind of congratulations again.)

I did not participate on the Viver-Nerf onslaught, insisting of taking a wait and see procedure and instead trusting in the devs to listen to their community.

But now...I'm forced to say something because as a player I do not like the direction warframe is taking lately and I could find myself stopping playing all together.

Why, why in the name of why Nullifier crewmen?

I will be the first protesting about Ash sitting on an energy restore spamming 4 until breaking their finger, I played Ash, Forma'd it and then put it back in the closet... For that very reason. But nullifier crewman ARE an issue.

=> Firstly : Lore Wise. Now Lore MAY NOT be everyone preoccupation, but it is one of the reason I'm playing warframe instead of let's say...COD. I like game that make me dream with their lore, like the Elder Scrolls. Lore wise, Warframe is not quite there, but there IS potential. Tenno are basically space gods (Hence the name, Tenno -> Ten-Oh -> Japanese for Kings of Heaven). Their powers are so much shrouded in mystery that thousands of years after the orokin era, it still eludes Corpus, Grineer and so on... Or should I say eluded.

Nullifier crewmen, in the name of trying to "balence" abilities made them useless and threw that notion out of the window.

No, Corpus should NOT be able to stop you from using your abilities, especially in a game where the main niche is those powers in the first place. WHy playing warframe instead of another generic shoot / hack&slash otherwise ?!

Player grind forma, reactors, then build their frame to get satisfied when your abilities are so powerful they nuke a map, it is EARNED. And should not be taken away. Never.

==> Second : Some frames just became useless in corpus High level. I'm not speaking about Ash, or even Mag, I'm speaking about Vakyr, and Loki. EVEN ENTERING THEIR FREAKIN SHIELD... CANCEL YOUR HYSTERIA ? That makes me... Well hysteric. Congrats, frames are losing even more selling points.

===> Third : The shield. The freakin shield. Something balanced, making so homer's drinking bird can't play the game instead of you would have been targeting spots of the shield to make it break from afar THEN use ability but no. Three arrows from my dread (And trust me, it is a maxxed out Dread) don't even scratch it. If that isn't forcing us to use high fire rate weapons instead of pinpoint accuracy one, what is ? I won't open another can of worms with bringing on the table how bad snipers have it in this game. Please, make it so we CAN crush that shield. From afar. Then it will be at least balenced.

=====> Last thing. I won't be someone just complaining about an implement, pointing flaws in something that took obviously a lot of work (I saw how nullifiers were steadily implemented, before moving them to the reason they were created : Viver, Cerberus, same fight really). I will make suggestions about how it could be improved :

Lore Wise : A nullifier shield isn't something that should be. We all know it. Make it so the shield produces interferences stopping from targeting mobs within it. But once inside it, it does not cancel abilities or stop you from using them.

2-To counteract this, apply a damage buffer to corpus within the shield, still making it hazardous to venture inside without a Bulbasaur...Woops, wrong game.

3-Make it so targeting several spot on the shield make it collapse.

I need to thank DE for this experience, warframe is a great game, but it should NOT deny everything it has been made for, to be original, to make us have a great experience. I know you will read this message, I'm not the only one who feels like it, and I truly hope something will come out of this.

Discussion continued here : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/361672-yet-another-nullifier-crewman-thread-suggestions-inside/

Edited by ZaneCyber

to address the folks raising kain about cerberus nullifier crewman...

it doesn't make a bit of difference.

they go down easily and are a non-issue.

besides, as there are always 1+ mirage players in the run, prism rips the shield off of them very rapidly.

end result. it's a non issue.

proceed with normal cerberus farm. (it's more or less unchanged)

Changes:

• Adjusted spawn rates for the new Infested enemies in some of the earlier Missions.

Question [DE]Megan: When is Poor Phorid going to get a update too (at least a re-skin), he seems left out with all this New Enemies and awesome update to infested? He deserved a good make over too! Right now his bit of a push over... compare to this New Mutalist friends. Where is Dr. Tengu and Salad V when you need them...

I can see the new Enemy Units making fun of him in a funny "Cartoon Meme". XD

Edited by 0zryel

I'd like to preface this complaint with the generic compliments. Overall, this game is awesome, the devs are good at what they do, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love this game.

Nullifiers are bad and they should make the devs feel bad. They don't punish the 4 spam and read a book crowd nearly as much as they punish several other niches that really didn't deserve it. As was mentioned earlier in this page, its really a tad ridiculous how bad nullifiers are at ruining anyone with a slow fire-rate weapon. But that's not the worst of it.

To use an example, I'll just discuss my favorite warfame/build. I run mirage with maximized duration and max power short of transient fortitude. I maintain her 1st and 3rd at all times. I rarely use her 2 and 4. So basically, my abilities last for roughly 1 minute each and cost almost 50 to cast. There is nothing more infuriating than accidentally running through a nullifier bubble.

The problem here is that nullifiers are punishing most strongly the exact opposite of what the devs seemed to intend. The excal AFK'ed in the middle of the map javelinspamming doesn't magically get dispelled, its the guy actually playing the game, bothering to run up and -deal with- the nullifier. If the devs want to punish the current exp farmers, make the nullifiers act more like a mobile limbo bubble! Force players to engage them, instead of punishing them.

Still nothing for un@(*()$ your Infested Moa bungle?  Seriously?    How hard it is to understand when a moa shoots at you from inside a vortex or within a bastille it's broken.   Or perhaps being 1-shot from across the map?   You people and your priorities.   You're making your game challenging sure, but also unfun.    Balance guys.   Balance.

When I use Vauban, sometimes I wonder where the Tar comes from. turns out its from the mutalist stuck in the traps. Thanks. Pleasr, fix this. They're tough and agile enough

That is cool and all but where is the Rakta Ballistica buff/fix? It is strange how the other syndicates get late game weapons and Red Veil get a mediocre mid game weapon. Just would like a response to why this is, thank you .

Other than that, thanks for the hotfix hope to see more good things soon!