Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Already Getting Bored Of Medals?

Ketec

Since i had very little time to play - i thought ill go a PUG instead of solo searching 30-40 min for all 8.

What happened? noone bothers looking for them - mostly because  you generally get 200 ones or rarely 500 ones - and that's  30-40 minutes for ~2k rep. (that's if you even got daily missions that do have them).

So they rater  spend 30 min in intercept and get 6-8k - most never hit daily limits anyways.

Medals are meant to cater to "forager" players, AKA those that go around and open every locker as much as possible.

It's perfectly acceptable if some/most players prefer going in an action-packed mission rather than searching for loot. 

If anything, the people scrounging for medallions are most probably in solo mode and thus out of view. 

it gets boring if you need to search every nook and cranny for them. (not like it isnt still worth doing) Then again it wouldnt be special if they were lying around near objectives. IMO they would be better suited as mini objectives in missions. Do xx requirement and get xx medal. (sorta like that initial requirement but extra onto that) But meh suffice it to say people can still collect them to save and use when they want to repair rep they damaged/go past the cap.

i find the medalions to be nice idea. It is not for everybody but if you do not want to search for them there are other ways to get rep, so it is non conflict solution that is not forcing you to do anything. If you like it - great, if not - you know what to do. I wish there were more ways to approach other aspect of this game.

On top of that, apparently large number of players don't even know they exist or what they are for.

Missions should have the 0/8 found sub objective under minimap. And a some kind of mini tutorial mail or  short quest to introduce them.

Woooow that's fast guys.

DE introduces a too grindy farming system = everyone complains(including myself).

DE introduces a new currency, fair to explorers players (it encourages exploring,an alternate playstyle) & we're not forced to escape our run&gun habits : people start complaining...

What's wrong? I don't get it this time.

I actually think they're great and I'm not getting bored of them. Running a 15 min Daily worth 2k rep and getting 1.5k medallion rep during and then doing a 25 wave or more defense for 4k rep it is a lot more fun and a lot less burnout-inducing than running a 40-45 wave defense for 6-8k rep every single day. 

Medals are fine in my opinion, the only thing they should change is to make the common ones give 500 rep, and the uncommon ones maybe 1000-1500. They gap between common/uncommon/rare is just too big. I've yet to see a rare medal in my dailies.

Very much this.

Theres too much RNG involved on whether you get a worthwhile reward for your time or not, especially since you could be spending that time on rep farming. Common and uncommon ones need to be worth more and the rare one could even be reduced to compensate, not that I ever find rare ones even if I do get 8/8 or 7/8 on missions.

The idea is very good though and DE is hopefully collecting data to adjust things.