Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.10.0

DE_Adam

Well the nerf to energy restoring syndicate mods is a bit annoying, but it's understandable to bring it in line with others.  Overshields is a neat thing, though how they work in particular might be something interesting to test.

Keys, ehhh... but it's better than nothing at least.  The ability to actually get T3 keys will be nice, though the cost being inflated due to the forced addition of T1 and T2 is bad.  I would have preferred a 10K and a 15K option, one giving 2 T1/T2 and the other giving 2 T3/T4.

The cap for Mag's augment mod is potentially a little low (reduces scaling)... but some of the complaints I see are kinda' overblown, people misunderstanding things.  Like the complaints about Mag's shield needing to be buffed due to it not working when sliding doesn't apply here because she no longer has her bubble, right?  Just overshields which should work like normal shields at all times, right?  Clarification needed here maybe.

Outside of those things... I'm really glad to see a bunch of often-requested changes finally make it into the game.

• The ability to actually see icons for buffs is great, will help players work together more in random games.
  • Mission selection for a node is long overdue, and will let new players progress properly now when they hit an invasion that people don't care about, which was a problem.  It'll help a lot for syndicate people too.
  • Cataclysm toggle.  Yes.  Just, finally yes.  Almost finishes fixing his issues.  Just needs item pickup now and Limbo users won't be afraid of using their powers.
  • EOS Prime fixes are nice, was hoping that green tint would go away.
  • Finally head turning is fixed!
  • Also yay for the Accelerant fix.

All in all, I like this update.  I like the fixes and additions more than I dislike the nerfs and key costs.

Edited by Rydian

So, workable fixes;

The problem as I see it with the overshields change is it makes the Mag augment lose it's greatest value, which was to give Mag something defensive to take outside Corpus missions. The overshield change limits her effectiveness less in Corpus mission than in Grineer and Void, so it's basically shoving her back into the 'Corpus frame only' box.

The best way to fix overshields, imo, is to make them work like protoshields that some bosses have, and absorb what would normally be bypass damage. Earlier in this thread someone posted a picture of Mag with more than 2k overshields but only 225 health; She is rediculously vulnerable to Bleeds and Toxin. Allowing Overshields to absorb bleeds and toxin instead of causing health damage would not only allow Mag to survive far better outside Corpus maps, but would also help other squishy frames out with the bleed/toxin problem by utilizing shield restores.

I also think the 1200 cap should be influenced by power strength, thus making the 'glass cannon' frames get more use out of the larger cap. But that's a balance issue that will require far more testing to assert.

Keys: Another option would be nice. Have the random pack for 25k *and* a 'pick one key of choice' for 15k. That way we would have a way to bypass RNG at the cost of quantity. In general Void keys need to be easier to obtain, not harder, as a large number of players (myself included) have no rewards attainable outside of the Void missions.

AFK Timer: Okay, you're working on it, that's good... why is it even a thing? AFAIK no one has a problem with afkers to the point where we wanted automatic loot denial. Would make much more sense to add a votekick which could alleviate a number of other player griefing problems. That aside, I think the biggest complaints about the new system were based around players not getting rewards if dead, not if they're AFK in the last 60 seconds. If a player has used their last revive that mission I don't see why they should be denied rewards for their time and effort.

Updates in general; TELL US WHAT YOU'RE DOING. THAT IS THE POINT OF PATCH NOTES. STOP THE STEALTH CHANGES. The augment balance tweaks should have been present in this thread.

Thank you.

How do this works with Mags Shield Restore? Can Mag overcharge? If not, that kinda sucks.

Also, you really put 3 random, mostly t1 and t2 keys for 25k. And even worse, you think, it's fair? Great.

Also what's with this ,,putting my mag down'' thing? I think I'm blind.

Edited by MrStrangerPL

Yay, now I have the whole TWO minutes if I need to poop in the middle of a long infinite mission! Totally enough time! So generous!

:\

1 - The timer doesn't count in endless missions.

2 - The timer only counts at extraction, not in the middle.  If you AFK in the middle of a normal mission but then come back and finish it normally, no penalty.

That's quite a list! Thanks =)

But what about polychrome stations that have already fallen through the floor? Those rooms are still locked.

Thanks

Exactly, should we contact support about this or is there some server side magic to be expected that will fix this?

So basically.

Mag Prime's one redeeming feature was Shield Transference which made her viable in 60+ T4 survival - It has been nerfed to the ground. - Why not removing overshield cap for Mag herself when she casts shield transference ?

Synoid Gammacor + Primed Flow + Quick THinking was a great way to balence out frames's squishiness (Banshee, Ember prime, Mirage, Nova, I'm looking at you) - It was nerfed to the ground - Using base energy for the regen instead of max is foolish. (Not butthurt at all of the fact I just got my gammacor yesterday to complete my builds and put 5 forma on it, not one bit...)

Truly, those two points overshadow the greats ones of the update.

Edited by ZaneCyber

Warframe Changes:

• The Shield Transference Augment Mod now creates an overshield based on the amount drained via Shield Polarize.  This amount contributes to overshields as normal, and will cap at 1200.

Changes:

• Syndicate weapons or Mod procs with Entropy or Blight will now restore 25% of the Warframe’s base energy stat, instead of restoring 25% of the players max energy.

Can you explain me WHY??? Really! We farm like beasts for syndicates points, to have better weapons and better warframe with more sofisticated builds and most of the time, when you see that something is really good for the players, that something is really helpfull and can allow us to go further in the game (higher tiers and stuff like that), you nerf it! So, why should I farm syndicates if you nerf them occasionally??! If your plans are to nerf them continuosly, just remove them. Honestly, Mag was really tanky and fun to use on higher void towers, I was able to use her even without vitality, thanks to that augment, and my low base energy and low efficiency warframes were really happy thanks to the gammacor's augment, now the augment for Mag worth nothing so I have to go back to the usual, boring, build, and I have to spam energy fillers again! WTF DE! This is something that makes the game more boring.

Edited by DLz47

Patchnotes Overview:

Limbo does not incite murderous rage directed at him in his squadmates anymore.

Mag useless, yet again.

DE ignoring the players opinions about the keypacks, chooses to implement the slightly less unpopular option.

Miter 2.0, 3000 mastery points

Basic MMO UI elements have been added, such as bufftimers.

Bugfixes

It seems like the DEV Team never goes beyond 30 waves or beyond 20mins in the Void to actually understand the kind of damage the enemies do by which I mean quickly depleting shields and then you have bleed procs. Original shield transference did a good job in keeping those bleed procs away from an already skinny looking Mag and now you have overshields which are just extra 1200 normal shield points = Augment Nerf not exactly mag nerf...

My question: Who makes these decisions? Dint you see the community was happy with what it originally was?

I don't get your Void Key idea! Farm long missions for random chance of dropping a random key , or farm long missions to get a chance to buy overpriced key pack to randomly get ONE useful key. All that, gives you the chance to get random loot and is never what you are looking for. That's not my idea of fun time.

Jesus christ, it's like they're trying to delete Mag from the game.

At least have the augment give the entire team overshields.

Christ's sake.

They should't've bothered reverting the polarize bug from last patch at this rate.

It's clearly where they want to go with it.

Edited by UncleWalrus

Oh by the way, overshield capacity at this moment is 1755 (not 1200), is a bug? Anyway is USELESS! Grineer level 30 took away the overshield with 3 shoots, just 3 to take away 1755 points. Hahaha, DE, you are so funny!

EDIT: 1200 is meant OVER your shields (they should specifc that ,imho, in the patch notes, not with a picture of Mesa). Anyway, still is useless not only because of proc, but because a 2300 overshield can be took away with 4 shoots of a grineer level 30.

8aGLkyX.jpg

Edited by DLz47

returning to 10 waves in Lares just doesn't quite get it for us anymore. 

10 waves? Are you serious?

Any endless mission should be run until you reach 30 waves to be worth enough, and you are complaining about to 10 waves?

T4 are supposed to be rare stuff on the game, and not to be dropped like rice. And 25k is not even expensive, you should be able to farm 25k rep in a day or two (even without spamming 4th ability)

Everyone complains about the game not being hard enough, but when DE change things in that sense everybody goes "mimimi... they nerfed stuff, I wont play this anymore..."

You guys should stop whining and take on the challenge...

Sry about the rant...

Edited by Ark_Daemon

Oh by the way, overshield capacity at this moment is 1755 (not 1200), is a bug? Anyway is USELESS! Grineer level 30 took away the overshield with 3 shoots, just 3 to take away 1755 points. Hahaha, DE, you are so funny!

Consider that Void T4 enemies do 300% more damage. So the first time you get hit, you lose your overshield. All of it.

For christ's sake DE. Make a sodding PTR already.

Don't just use the entire playerbase as guinea pigs for your poorly-thought, untested ideas.

Edited by UncleWalrus

Patchnotes Overview:

Limbo does not incite murderous rage directed at him in his squadmates anymore.

Mag useless, yet again.

DE ignoring the players opinions about the keypacks, chooses to implement the slightly less unpopular option.

Miter 2.0, 3000 mastery points

Basic MMO UI elements have been added, such as bufftimers.

Bugfixes

I reckon the next update thread is just going to consist of a gif of Mag lying curled up in a ball on the floor while Lotus bludgeons her with a baseball bat.

Edited by Kyratzes

Are you guys even paying attention?? You're already complaining about overshields being capped at 1200, but failing to see in the dev provided screenshot that Mesa's shields are at 2037. what they mean by the 1200 cap is 1200 shields over your maximum.

It doesn't matter, because it won't block any procs that ignore shields. Bleeding proc = RIP.