Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.10.0

DE_Adam

• Ability buffs have been added to the Squad UI!  Buffs will now show to the left of your squadmates health bar.  Buffs cast on your teammates will show duration timers (ie Roar, Warcry, Banish, etc).
  • Ability buffs will also show self-buffs such as Roar, and Augment Mods that provide buffs such as Rhino’s Ironclad Charge will also detail information (ie armor gained from targets hit with Charge).

Yay! :D

• Overshields have been added to Warframe!  Overshields are an extra layer of protection on your existing shield that must be destroyed before your Warframe’s shields can be damaged.
  • Overshields can be obtained when using Shield Restore items when you are at maximum shield capacity.  Overshields cannot be regenerated, and this extra protective shield is noted by a color change (purple) in the UI.  
  • Yay! :D
  • Overshields have a cap at 1200.
  • Sounds reasonable. I mean, if you can just buff your (over)shields to infinity... Also: Buff to the weakest of the Syndicate Restores!

Warframe Changes:

• The Shield Transference Augment Mod now creates an overshield based on the amount drained via Shield Polarize. Hm. Okay, interesting. This amount contributes to overshields as normal, and will cap at 1200. Aww  :<
  • Limbo’s Cataclysm Ability is now toggleable. Yay! Now just need to verify that enemies take 'leaving Rift' damage on premature detonation.

Changes:

• Update Augment Mod cards to include stats in their description. Yay! :D
  • Increased AFK detection timer for reward exclusion from 1 minute to 2 minutes.  *shrug*? Haven't had any interactions with the AFK mechanic yet.
  • Reduced fire rate of Kohm in full auto, but boosted projectile damage to compensate.  Yay, ammo efficiency! (and small mercy for the Toasters!) Glad I haven't sold this gun yet. Not sure why, but I really want to like it.
  • Void Key packs are now available as Tier 2 Syndicate Offerings!  These packs contain 3 random Void Keys for 25,000 Standing.  Two keys in each pack will be random T1 or T2 mission keys, and every pack is also guaranteed to have a random T3 or T4 Void Key.  /care
  • Players can now choose which Mission they would like to play when there are multiple Missions (Alerts, Syndicate, etc) on a single node.  Yay! :D
  • Syndicate weapons or Mod procs with Entropy or Blight will now restore 25% of the Warframe’s base energy stat, instead of restoring 25% of the players max energy.  Still-more reason to prioritize 75% efficiency over +maxenergy. Have I mentioned that 75% Eff is OP yet? I have? Oh. Alright then.

Fixes:

• Fixed Warframes occasionally turning their heads into strange directions.  Yay! It was... unsettling....  ._.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies already affected by Ember's Accelerant Heat debuff would not become stunned when the ability is recast.  Enemies will now be stunned and Heat debuff duration will be refreshed.  Awesome! :D
  • None of the other fixes affect me, but: Yay! Fixes!

Overall, this update makes me happy.

All this complaining about the Shield Transference change and no useful suggestion on how to fix it?  Internet, I'm shocked and surprised.  /sarcasm

So here's a dead-simple tweak (maybe not simple to code but simple in concept) that makes the Augment, in its new form, worth while: make it overshield the entire team, instead of only Mag.

That is all.

wp5yNyE.jpg

Overshields have been added to Warframe!  Overshields are an extra layer of protection on your existing shield that must be destroyed before your Warframe’s shields can be damaged.

• Overshields can be obtained when using Shield Restore items when you are at maximum shield capacity.  Overshields cannot be regenerated, and this extra protective shield is noted by a color change (purple) in the UI.  
  • Overshields have a cap at 1200.

Overshields.

160px-Overshield.jpg

Halo, anybody?

srsly though

+1 for OVERSHIELDS

btw

"Overshields have a cap at 1200." The Mesa in the pic has 2037 Overshield.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Keybopsef

All this complaining about the Shield Transference change and no useful suggestion on how to fix it?  Internet, I'm shocked and surprised.  /sarcasm

So here's a dead-simple tweak (maybe not simple to code but simple in concept) that makes the Augment, in its new form, worth while: make it overshield the entire team, instead of only Mag.

That is all.

How bout instead of your idea, which is good, they remove the cap for mag's overshield if gained from the ability? IE she can get 1200 from the normal cap + whatever she can pull, and it cant get any added from another use till its fully depleted? Or even put the boost from it on a timer?

Edited by armedpoop

Yyyyeeeaaaa.......these newer changes make me want to play this game less and less.

Limbo Change: One good thing.

Kohm Change: Another good thing.

Mission Selection: Long awaited.

Void Key Packs: Not going to waste 25k on chance. I'm here to play Warframe, not Warslots.

Mag Change: I don't play as mag, but I wouldn't want to get an augment that does the exact same thing as a shield restore.

Entropy/Blight Change: Why? Was it a problem? I don't remember it being a problem. I would understand lowering it a little bit. But seriously? 25% of either 100 or 150 (if that is the wrong base I am thinking of, then it is hella less) compared to much higher numbers? Too steep of a change that it creates an illusion of worthlessness. Luckily the Gammacor is still a fine weapon. Ballistica.....

Overshields: Might get some flak for this...but did we need them? I was doing just fine with Vitality and the like. And, considering how much damage higher levels have (seekers, I am looking at you) that overshield is just about as strong as straw anyway. So, maybe 2 extra seconds of safety. Cover, maneuverability and invisibility/smoke screen are still better.

Sorry, but a shiny new weapon isn't going to change my opinion.

Edited by R34LM

Shield Restores would actually be a good idea to have as drop items now with Over Shield being a thing. Maybe let Mag drop the shiny new orbs when she Shield Polarizes to boot? I dunno...

Maybe a rework of the the aug for it? :D

-SNIP-

Uh, the enemies have ALWAYS scaled infinitely. This is not new. So yes this game has always been "asymetrical". Where have you been?

So... Overshields are just Iron Skin for everybody.

... K.

Not quite. They do not add any CC invulnerability, and are still ripped apart by magnetic damage/procs. Nice try tho

Edited by armedpoop

Unfortunately, with DE what's intended is often different from what we get. 1200? Well, that seems like a fine number, but I still won't waste a single nano-spore on a shield restore. Rhino can get a 4k+ Iron skin on top of everything else you throw in, so this 1200 cap is just bad for a resource consuming ghetto version of Iron Skin everyone else can use.

Gammacor nerf isn't unexpected, but cruel no less. Sure, energy restores and Trinity need to have use, but going down from Primed Flow restores to pathetic 25% base energy is a hit with a nerfbat that's gonna be really felt.

25k rep for a pack of 3 keys, none of which is even guaranteed to be T4? Thanks, let all those people that voted for this incredibad option spend their rep that way. If at any point it becomes absolutely necessary for me to go to T4, and random farm is the only way to acquire it, I'll just stop playing. Yes, after spending 1000+ hours and buying all those prime packs. For exactly the same reason you take away 5 keys at 5k rep and replace it with 3 random keys for 25k rep.

As always, DE can't seem to catch their breath. Power-wise they still believe in that "giving too much too soon is bad" myth, and fear the power creep like it's a crazed Stalker. On the other hand, they keep dishing out new content and features, when so many areas of the game lack polish, and almost every new patch introduces new bugs that stay forever. Hind fire rate is still screwed, foundry sorting by state is still screwed, ammo restores still restore fixed amounts and weapons like Kohm still pretend to get fixed while fundamental problems like steep upscaling of ammo pool with which pickups and restores can't catch up remain. We get some augments that are really good, and some that are so worthless it's inconceivable how anyone who even plays this game would consider wasting a mod slot on them. Some frames like Ember still badly need a rework, but DE is too busy giving us mastery trash weapons to ever get down to it...

Sigh... DE, if my payment history is any indication, I really appreciate your work. But it would be better for everyone if you balanced it better. Your polish lacks, your general system design doesn't make sense in so many places. Things get overbuffed, then overnerfed, then reworked and it all starts anew. This is a clear sign that there's no frame of reference in place. You employ trial and error where simple design guidelines would remedy this blind poking. You go from 540 ammo on Penta when everyone but the lazy run with it to 24 ammo which all but eliminates Penta and Ogris from the game. I see no signs of calculus, no list of known issues being processed and no clear roadmap. I see you trying to tackle a project of this magnitude with nothing but intuition, but this approach can only get you so far. I'm 100% sure that this game, our game, is in desperate need of a skeleton of design guidelines, because if it continues like this it will get out of hand. Because every time you put another 10-rank mod into the game, you fail to see hundreds of hours of farm that every player would put into ranking it up. And you also fail to see how 27% archwing power efficiency isn't enough of a reward for all those lost hours. This is the same process that lead you to your initial take on syndicate standing gain, Vivergate and then a 10x buff.

You can't miss a mark by a full order of magnitude if you employ any calculus at all. Nor if you try to grind it yourself. That can only happen if you throw in an approximate number, and that's just not a good way of making a game. If there was "too much too soon" a whole flock of people I brought into this game, people that gladly spend months playing brain cell killers like LoL and Hearthstone, wouldn't quit, citing their pathetic experience as unmodded Excalibur with unmodded weapons trying to get through planets that scale up quicker than they can upgrade their gear. I dread to think what my experience would have been if I didn't have all the disposable income I could throw at the grindwalls in this game, but even so, I am now an MR18 lone member of a 30 person clan, stuck paying triple prices for every research with no possibility of a downgrade, only because the game proved too unwelcoming and grindy for more regular players that I brought and hoped to play with.

This escalated into a rant pretty much on its own, even though I'm sure noting will change. I just hope the balance between good things and bad things in this game for me won't keep sliding towards the latter.

Not quite. They do not add any CC invulnerability, and are still ripped apart by magnetic damage/procs. Nice try tho

Regardless, the reduced value of the Polarize augment now leaves me open to consider whatever augment they eventually get around to for Crush. Thanks DE!

Can you tell anybody why you hate the update though? I've yet to see any post bawling their eyes out at this actually explain WHY they don't like it.

Sounds like he mentioned and detailed exactly why he hated the update.  Don't know why the augment nerf either, that poor 1% of people who were like shield gods in the void.

FYI i voted Null seeing how those options were bs from the get go.

Same, I took the George Carlin approach and didn't vote, stating that they should vendor out Fusion Cores instead.  Something EVERYONE can use to power up and be relevant in this game.

^^^See this is a very clear, well thought out post.    Sorry for quoting you just that this post is a good example of things a lot of people aren't doing, asking the questions in a clear and calm way.

Give this poor guy a few months of this stuff, he'll turn out like everyone else.

yeap, get it in 7 runs

I'm farming one now, this is about run 40 now.  You need 5 out of the 6 items from that mission's loot table to make one just to turn it into another weapon now.  How about just changing Miter to use mats like every other SANE weapon?  Or did they forget how much people freaking HATED to farm for this monstrosity just to be disappointed in how poorly it performs?

If u fix color - fix pls all guns and prime versions of 2 last.

I hope they're working on this, and wish they mentioned as much somewhere.

Wrong comment to make, so I deleted it. No idea what I was thinking.

Sarcasm or are you srs?

Regardless, the reduced value of the Polarize augment now leaves me open to consider whatever augment they eventually get around to for Crush. Thanks DE!

This did really lower the value ot if :I

hard compared to the others because they are 2 and kinda dangerous if you are not maxed out or alone

Too true. Easy to get scraped by the hordes that vor summons.

I used my Rhino Prime with some shield restores to see the overshield working, and my friend used one shield drone eximus by my side.

My overshield dissapear.

Bur or feature?

[GASP] They missed a totally predictable test case with this new feature, this never happens with DE, I'm so shocked! /s