Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember: Surviving Canadian Winters

[DE]Grineeer

Yes please! Either boost his 3 (coverage), 4 and extend his "stun" to be more of a turret frame or tweak his prime variant to be more of an athlete with base speed and armor and stun buffs for more mobility/utility/close-and-kill viability.

This is an Ember thread. Volt will get his own some other time.

I miss Overheat, it really made her a 'in your face' damage frame (much like Saryn). Now, she has a nice amount of stun, but awful damage. I still don't get the idea of 'Fire Blast' (couldn't even remember the name of this thing) since the damage is bad and very restricted in area (since there is no damage when you've passed the ring). A different ability would really suit her. Accelerant is easily her best ability (stun and buff), Fireball is an ok ability when caught reloading and her ult lacks damage and effect (or is it just me because I run on low settings?). It really doesn't look as good as the old ult where everything melted. The energy drain makes no sense to me when there's still a timer. 

I miss Overheat, it really made her a 'in your face' damage frame (much like Saryn). Now, she has a nice amount of stun, but awful damage. I still don't get the idea of 'Fire Blast' (couldn't even remember the name of this thing) since the damage is bad and very restricted in area (since there is no damage when you've passed the ring). A different ability would really suit her. Accelerant is easily her best ability (stun and buff), Fireball is an ok ability when caught reloading and her ult lacks damage and effect (or is it just me because I run on low settings?). It really doesn't look as good as the old ult where everything melted. The energy drain makes no sense to me when there's still a timer. 

If you think Fireball is just for reloading then you're missing something.  Fire Blast now has the dumb eximus flamewave as well as its potentially high damage and localized lockdown potential.  WoF has been buffed massively as on the recent hotfix.  It now acts as a mini radial nuke on cast, prioritizes targets that are closer/not locked down, and has a high chance to set enemies on fire, immobilizing them and dealing even more damage.

I would keep him slow and buff his shield recharge rate and armor significantly to give him undeniable defensive boons over other frames and cement his place as an up-close fighter (not a pod babysitter.)

Those buffs could work very well, actually, for his offensive or defensive rolls. 

I was thinking more along the lines of giving his Freeze some actual good CC that isn't limited by travel time and a low health along with a duration. Maybe by making it a small AoE freeze with a timer, it would work well to fit his role as a AoE lockdown tank. It works well with his defensive aspects, and offensive aspects. Not a damage buff, but simply something to make it some workable CC to compensate for the slow travel time.

Ice Wave, ugh, the scale ability of this thing is only workable with the augment on. Without it, it's just a damage number with a side effect of cold proc. Making it something scale able, and also fit his theme as an AoE lockdown/denial archetype, I was thinking give Ice Wave Knockback. Like how we see at the first trailer that Frost is in for WarFrame. That way it synergizes with the rest of his kit, doesn't add damage, but gives the skill scale ability and useful outside of being a damage number. Keep the ice proc thing though, it's good for the workable nature of the power.

Snow Globe, I would rather the Globe take on the player's armor as its own, rather than multiply that onto the globe. Thus, the skill's effectiveness is tied to armor, and acts as a balancing factor for the increase of armor. Also, adding visual effects so that players can see when the globe is about to shatter. Maybe during those 4 seconds of invincibility actually visually show the globe taking in damage and converting it into HP. Once those 4 seconds are over, slowly see the globe crack/deteriorate as the damage on it continues to wear its life away. Some visual reworks to the inside effects of the globe would be welcomed as well. It's a Snow Globe, not a snow storm, I honestly don't know why we have that gust blocking our view.

For Avalanche, it has the same problem as Mag's Crush, no affects other than a damage number. For an ult...that's bad. To help with it's scale ability, have the enemies that survive the ability be afflicted with the Cold Proc (built in, not an augment), thus players have time to react and fight. It never made any sense to me how enemies who just got frozen walked around like they were in the sun all day.

The entirety of the changes help to synergize across his kit. Everything added is to help with cementing Frosts kit as an AoE denial/lockdown frame, both catering to his offensive and defensive play styles (and all variants in between). They're all traits that help with his lack of Utility/CC, to ensure that his entire kit is malleable and viable throughout content. The King of Defense would actually be appealing for other content. Because, let's face it, without Snow Globe, the rest of Frost's kit wouldn't be able to stand alone.

Loving the new armor amount, coupled with the proc from my vaykor marelok it makes it more survivable.

Toggable WOF only makes sense (i love my mirage prism).

How about making accelerant a AOE that GIVES extra fire damage (or % fire damage increase to existing damage) to allies within its radius?

I think this would augment the defensive capabilitys enough to see ember being used more often in camping/defence situations.

---

Maybe swap fireball to a mini-meteor storm much like hydroids tempest barrage?

Remove the knockdown and make it a chance to cause burning (hence some AOE CC) and chance to inflict status gets affected by range (range only increased by frame level) ? 

Edited by iambeastx

Maybe swap fireball to a mini-meteor storm much like hydroids tempest barrage?

Remove the knockdown and make it a chance to cause burning (hence some AOE CC) and chance to inflict status gets affected by range (range only increased by frame level) ? 

Suggestions like these are the worst.  "Let's entirely scrap a warframe power and replace it with another one."  Way too much feedback is like this, and it's usually from people that don't even like the frame in question.  

This isn't directed at you in particular, but this post was a pretty innocent example of this disturbing trend.  

If you think Fireball is just for reloading then you're missing something.  Fire Blast now has the dumb eximus flamewave as well as its potentially high damage and localized lockdown potential.  WoF has been buffed massively as on the recent hotfix.  It now acts as a mini radial nuke on cast, prioritizes targets that are closer/not locked down, and has a high chance to set enemies on fire, immobilizing them and dealing even more damage.

Have you even played Ember with the changes? Fire Blast's firewave has no knockback or stun capabilities minus fire proc, which is very unreliable, it's not even affected by the fire blast augment and the damage is subpar. It has a shorter range than world on fire. 

As with the new world on fire, the toggle is nice, but it doesn't help that the damage is still pretty bad. Even more so when you can't specialize it with builds such as max efficiency or max power/range due to the ability relying on range, duration, and strength, it drains too much energy for max strength so you won't have the energy to sustain it, you can't build it for max efficiency because the base duration is much too low. And max range will kill its damage which is what it's meant to do. If you balance the mods out, it'll still come mediocre compared to other ultimates. 

Edited by DesuEx

Ember feels really bad if you play her. You have to recast every 2 seconds a ability because the duration and the range of all abilities is bad.

It does feel exhausting to play with her. You can compare the feeling with a Mirage which has negative duration and has to recast all her abilities over and over again ...

Changes have been awesome. I use Ember a lot more now.

WoF toggle IS useful despite what many people say. its good to have a quick nuke on 5 targets for half the cost then toggle it off. I find myself using the toggle often to save energy and only letting it go full duration when things get hectic.

I use ALL of her abilities now, she feels very balanced to me now. Her powers seem to synergize well with each other without too much overlap. though as a controller user, i still find fireball a pain to aim (please add a bit of tracking to ALL reticle dependant moves)

Thanks for these changes.

I would still ask for a slight buff to accelerant though. stun ability, +dmg, etc. Maybe even give her a fire immunity.

WoF toggle is useful but that doesn't mean the ability isn't a mess. You can either have the ability last for an extremely short time and attack only 5 enemies or last awhile with either duration or energy deciding it. If you go high duration, your range and efficiency will be crippled as opposed to just straight toggle. 

Other people calculated these changes. Not sure if it is in this thread or the feedback one.

Suggestions like these are the worst.  "Let's entirely scrap a warframe power and replace it with another one."  Way too much feedback is like this, and it's usually from people that don't even like the frame in question.  

This isn't directed at you in particular, but this post was a pretty innocent example of this disturbing trend.  

sometimes radical changes can work

sometimes radical thoughts can provoke alternate solutions

DE won't blindly swap it like that without testing or testing alternates first

and yes i have used ember and would more often but mirage.....

Have you even played Ember with the changes? Fire Blast's firewave has no knockback or stun capabilities minus fire proc, which is very unreliable, it's not even affected by the fire blast augment and the damage is subpar. It has a shorter range than world on fire. 

As with the new world on fire, the toggle is nice, but it doesn't help that the damage is still pretty bad. Even more so when you can't specialize it with builds such as max efficiency or max power/range due to the ability relying on range, duration, and strength, it drains too much energy for max strength so you won't have the energy to sustain it, you can't build it for max efficiency because the base duration is much too low. And max range will kill its damage which is what it's meant to do. If you balance the mods out, it'll still come mediocre compared to other ultimates. 

Either we're playing different games, or people don't know what they're doing when the play Warframe (hint: the first scenario is impossible.)

I don't mind the new world on fire now so much, since dumping strength basically means 5 people around get set on fire and I rarely ever go into the void beyond maybe level 40-45 enemies, so ember is still dishing out a fair amount of damage. 

However I would love it if fire blast had the Line of sight mechanic turned into excal's version. Where if enemies see it they get hit and get pushed back (i'd love a knock down though or it applying a blast proc on contact), this is mainly because fireblast requires you to get fairly close to enemies to make the best use of it, and if I have to do that, i'd love it if I could fire blast enemies from behind cover.

For accelerant, I would like to see additional fire damage like that of volt shield instead, that would make her more useful since no one want mod their weapon with pure fire element in any mission anyway. 

For fire blast, I would like to see it a bit more useful by combining it with overheat instead, basically, nay enemy damage that pass through the ring will be reduced by, let's say, 35% or so and cap at 75%

For WoF, removal of duration would be perfect

• 2 months later...

Soo, it's been a while now and there's two things about her rework that still seem a little ... off to me:

Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

The expanding ring looks more like Nova's Molecular Prime and nothing like an advancing wall of fire (how come the English language has no proper translation for the German "Feuerwalze"?). Will this be changed at some point, or are the animators just gonna leave it like that and go "meh"?

World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

Will duration be entirely removed (see Banshee's Soundquake) or at least drastically increased? Because right now, the toggle doesn't really feel like it's worth it. Yes, you can activate the ability with just 50 energy for a quick blast now, but apart from that ... I haven't used the toggle so far.