Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

It depends on the position of his head.

In the picture assuming he wasy "looking" through the faceplate, he would have to stare at the floor directly in front of him. So it looks like his point of view (eyes) is somehwere on the horse head.

Which leads to my problem with one of those preview images. He has his head tilted down in one(or both) of them! The one to the far right shows his actual face, but the middle image shows just the snout which covers the head.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Guys, his face is the faceplate UNDER the nozzle for the fire.

867c00c9fe705b3c05f2d41e3e861d5f.png

So what? The thing on its head is still supposed to look like a head, as clearly fire comes out of it, and fire comes out of a dragon's mouth. At least that is dragon-like.

So what? The thing on its head is still supposed to look like a head, as clearly fire comes out of it, and fire comes out of a dragon's mouth. At least that is dragon-like.

But frames don't have open mouths to shoot fire from. And what you're referring to in no way, shape or form is supposed to resemble the frames true head. The frame takes inspiration from dragons, but does not have to work like one.

That's because it's inspired from it and because of that it doesn't have to look exactly like it.

You don't like it and also think it's ugly? Ok, I can understand why.

You think it doesn't look similar to an eastern dragon? That's your problem and there's nothing to discuss about.

THE-DRAGON-KING-Ao-Kuang-l.jpg

Let's see. It does look like sea horse head. But eastern dragon? Where is the beard? Where are the horns (which are MAJOR defining feature in eastern dragons). And lastly the whiskers. Where are those? Where's the mouth? Chroma's snout looks like a tube (like seahorse has) as opposed to jaws. There is no visible split on the sides.

THIS is inspired by eastern dragons. Chroma? Not so much.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140612001652/warframe/images/thumb/5/55/WyrmPrime.png/250px-WyrmPrime.webp%5D/img%5D

Also, the body is thick and meaty the exact opposite of the slender eastern dragon.

So yeah without all of those features all that is left is the thin snout. In which case it looks more like a sea horse or anteater than eastern dragon.

So you're saying that it has no mouth, horns, whiskers, hair or slender serpent body. But it still looks like eastern dragon. I don't know what to tell you other than that you're wrong. You're imagining things and there is nothing to discuss here.

EDIT: the forum is acting up, click the img link instead. It's wyrm prime essentially.

Edited by LocoWithGun

That's because it's inspired from it and because of that it doesn't have to look exactly like it.

You don't like it and also think it's ugly? Ok, I can understand why.

You think it doesn't look similar to an eastern dragon? That's your problem and there's nothing to discuss about.

THE-DRAGON-KING-Ao-Kuang-l.jpg

Just like this, right ?

BJBB8lY.jpg

So Chroma, after having hated it completely when i laid eyes upon it, i decided i'd give it another look. Things i still don't like about Chroma from what we've seen:

- It looks Infested (I only like infested when they are being sliced/hammered/shot/etc.., so personal preference) (Maybe it will look better in-game)

- the nozzle in the tip of the head, looks like a gun. i just don't feel it belongs on a Warframe

- The Xtra large arms, a la Ash (i don't like Ash's, so.)

- That square thing in its crotch ( though this one is dubious since it looks different in the poses of the reveal pictures)

- Finally, The name sounds female, i'm sorry but it does. This is what i hate most about it.

Other than (all that) it is fine honestly.

Now i'll wait for power reveals, animations, etc... to make a cool headed decision.

So Chroma, after having hated it completely when i laid eyes upon it, i decided i'd give it another look. Things i still don't like about Chroma from what we've seen:

- It looks Infested (I only like infested when they are being sliced/hammered/shot/etc.., so personal preference) (Maybe it will look better in-game)

- the nozzle in the tip of the head, looks like a gun. i just don't feel it belongs on a Warframe

- The Xtra large arms, a la Ash (i don't like Ash's, so.)

- That square thing in its crotch ( though this one is dubious since it looks different in the poses of the reveal pictures)

- Finally, The name sounds female, i'm sorry but it does. This is what i hate most about it.

Other than (all that) it is fine honestly.

Now i'll wait for power reveals, animations, etc... to make a cool headed decision.

Yeah you might want to work on that because that sounds off to say the least.