The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Look at all of her abilities and aesthetics.

-Harlequins are known to wear very colorful clothing

-Hall of mirrors

-Eclipse

-Prism

-Mirages are illusions, or a trick on the eyes

actually Harlequins are known for the same thing jesters are known for mismatched noble outfits, and looking like fools. All you showed was a warframe encroaching on Loki's territory, or expanding on him as his female counter part.

Those powers dont count as Harlequin in any universe.

If Mirage was true Harlequin, she would be all about flashy movement. Not manpulation.

Hence why she has light/color as her main theme, with a sub theme of the harlequin. 

She also has that weird passive that makes her do acrobatics faster.

actually Harlequins are known for the same thing jesters are known for mismatched noble outfits, and looking like fools. All you showed was a warframe encroaching on Loki's territory, or expanding on him as his female counter part.

The harlequin theme is still there. But in terms of powers the dominant theme is light and color.

The fan helm fits more into the Warframe universe than the original does.

We don't need a long snouted frame with bucked teeth at the end.

So your saying the infested don't fit? The ancients don't fit? Lephantis Ancient head doesn't fit? Because that is exactly what you just said. Because Chroma, and the infested have very similar designs. Whats to say the "ancients" aren't mutated infested versions of a dragon the Orokin created through bio-engineering with the DNA of other creatures? Whats to say these bio-engineered dragons don't still exist? Whats to say their appearance isnt similar to Chroma? Whats to say these appearances aren't based on sea creatures we will see in the under water level? chicayX.png

Cause it could be. There might actually be something new they designed that will look some what like Chroma almost, or Chroma will look like it.

But the theme of that dragon head doesn't fit with Warframe. The current one does since it reminds me of the infested, and the infested do look like dragons. Especially Lephantis. I was even thinking DE should make a giant infested boss made for wiping out all life on planets called End Planet Dragons... It be similar to Balor fomorians fight wise.

anyway an infested path is a far better closeness to a dragon than something that looks too much like a dragon and simply does not fit. Heck that helmet makes Zephy look more like a warframe dragon appearance wise.

but it doesnt fit in the warframe universe.  Maybe Metal Gear Rising as some bad to the bone cyborg, but not a warframe.

Because dragons are based on these creatures which makes them intimidating... now if you didn't base dragons on those, and based them on things like Dogs you would definitely want to kill it. Meanwhile reptiles, and underwater creatures fit the bill, and give them a far more fierce some look. Which immediately makes you think dragon.

Dragon_Dog_Creature_with_Video_by_imagin

Also just want to put out Ant-eaters don't have Japanese dragon whiskers... or horns...

Why wouldn't traditional dragons fit? All the characters in game come from Earth. Dragon concepts have existed for centuries. It wouldn't be surprising for them to stay around for centuries more, or for the tenn/orokin to model a frame after the myth. They apparently modeled frames after birds, pirates, magicians, and harlequins.

So your saying the infested don't fit? The ancients don't fit? Lephantis Ancient head doesn't fit? Because that is exactly what you just said. Because Chroma, and the infested have very similar designs. Whats to say the "ancients" aren't mutated infested versions of a dragon the Orokin created through bio-engineering with the DNA of other creatures? Whats to say these bio-engineered dragons don't still exist? Whats to say their appearance isnt similar to Chroma? Whats to say these appearances aren't based on sea creatures we will see in the under water level?

-Snip-

Cause it could be. There might actually be something new they designed that will look some what like Chroma almost, or Chroma will look like it.

That's putting words into his mouth, of course they fit into the warframe universe, they're in it, but the fan helmet suits the Tenno style more, It's striking, also there's no guessing in what it resembles.

There's no point in making theories about the infested and, if it were created with the DNA of other creatures then it wouldn't be a dragon, it'd be a Chimera.

That's stretching your imagination if you think those fish look like Chroma, but then if something looks like Chroma in the warframe Universe then what's the point in Chroma, considering the only time we see other warframes are on other players.

Edited by Eredoc

so first of all, you do want them to change the frame but just not add an alt helm? 

and saying the frame looks better than possibly (in my opinion) de's worst designed frame doesn't really improve the case.

Change nothing. Add nothing. Chroma is fine exactly the way he is. Founder approved

p.s. still looks better than Limbo

Why wouldn't traditional dragons fit? All the characters in game come from Earth. Dragon concepts have existed for centuries. It wouldn't be surprising for them to stay around for centuries more, or for the tenn/orokin to model a frame after the myth. They apparently modeled frames after birds, pirates, magicians, and harlequins.

Now that I think about considering Zephy has spikes she looks more like a dragon. Also the more I think about it the anteater alone is not what this Warframe looks like.

If you had stated this from the start it actually would have been more acceptable, but...

The Warframe actually looks like a reptilian(dragonic) Armored anteater...

pangolin.jpg

mon064.jpganteater_monster_by_ankylosaurornis-d7p4

There you have it... your Dragonic Armored Anteater... Still a dragon, and also an "Armored anteater" They even have the same tail...

Now that I think about considering Zephy has spikes she looks more like a dragon. Also the more I think about it the anteater alone is not what this Warframe looks like.

If you had stated this from the start it actually would have been more acceptable, but...

The Warframe actually looks like a reptilian(dragonic) Armored anteater...

pangolin.jpg

mon064.jpganteater_monster_by_ankylosaurornis-d7p4

There you have it... your Dragonic Armored Anteater... Still a dragon, and also an "Armored anteater" They even have the same tail...

Looks better than Chroma.

239 pages of "lol anteater"

keep it up guys

Personally, I'm going to wait to see him in action before deciding whether I like him or not (crazy I know). The animated gif looks way better than the stills so I have hope.

239 pages of "lol anteater"

keep it up guys

Personally, I'm going to wait to see him in action before deciding whether I like him or not (crazy I know). The animated gif looks way better than the stills so I have hope.

its a dragonic armored anteater... NOT anteater... then again a REAL armored anteater would be too awesome to pass up... Imagine summoning specter balls,and then rolling with your balls as a ball, and running over other balls? We should join forces and a start a campaign for a warframe that rolls into a ball, and runs stuff over, or hits things knocking them back. Either one works for me.