The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

ok... my mourning proces about chroma its passing, so instead of just say that i dont like it (a lot of us dont actualy)

i allways say that you guys make an excelent work and i know beeing an artist myself that making a game is NOT EASY, and a lot of the ppl doesnt show you the respect that you guys deserve.

so stating that and with all the respect, i tried to find something actualy constructive to say about the looks of chroma and made this.

chroma.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/v6gqygpk7/

also the stance have to change something that doesnt make the chest looks so flat behind the shoulders and the legs so wide open like if he had a long day riding a horse.

now that is something that i would love to play as.

Edit looks cool too but it does not make me think of a dragon.

He just needs helmet that looks somewhat dragon-ish, and some random spikes on his back.

Keeping his tail wouldn't hurt either. I still very much like the current Chroma but that edited version with a few more additions is waaaay better than what other people were expecting and wanting.

kkf8Wpg.gif

You know... I was kind of hyped for Chroma when I first heard about it...

... then seeing as it looks like a dog that had its face stuck in a blender one too many times...

... Yeah, it's probably gonna sit in stasis next to my kubrows once it hits 30.

Well if you haven't noticed:

Excalibur doesn't like anything at all like the real Excalibur he looks like Hayden from Dark Sector

Loki doesn't look anything at all like like the Norse God Loki. He just looks like a guy with horns. =/

Mag doesn't really look like she uses Magnets but instead she looks like she has Psychic powers and can tell the future with that sphere head of hers.

Rhino doesn't look like a Rhino he feels more like a Time/Monk/Juggernaut Warframe with lots of cogs inside him.

Ember doesn't resemble a Fire or an Ember instead she looks like a Chicken or a Rooster. =/

Frost looks like a White Beetle combined with some random White Wizard. =/

You get what I mean? I can add more if you want.

You are so wrong on so many levels here lol.

Each of those frames you mentioned have hints of the theme they are supposed to be.

Loki is a jester.

AafdxhQ.jpg

Excalibur just looks like a swordsman/righteous knight straight out without thinking about it.

Mag has everything to do with magnets, her body has coils on it, her feet are magnet shaped.

ohHcATO.jpg

Rhino isn't an african rhino. It's a beetle. You can easily see "beetle" inspired form.

YFj7XBd.jpg

Ember is an ember. Her head is an ember. Look at the way her head lights are arranged, similar shape to that of embers.

VjcGShi.jpg

Frost. Well, he is a crab, i don't know why DE picked a crab(maybe inspired by Alaskan crab fishing) which is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world because of cold.

hvfwE2z.jpg

However, i don't understand how you could misinterpret these pretty obvious themes, yet you can see a "dragon" clearly in Chroma....

Meanwhile people who can easily get the themes from all the warframes struggle to find any dragon hints on him.

Mag has everything to do with magnets, her body has coils on it, her feet are magnet shaped.

let me add that the inside of her helmet is more of a blackhole/vortex that "attracts", and contained inside.

Her arms have those elongated magnet thingies.

Hopefully the alt helmet makes him look like an actual dragon rather than a seahorse/anteater/aardvark.

I will probably have to wait MONTHS for the Alt helmet to show up on an Alert, Keitos took that long and we still havent see the 3rd generation ones of Loki and Nova appear yet.

the current design is a big no-no.

It's actually nice to see a frame with a unique look and feel (eastern/Chinese dragon mixed with infested armor)

but to be honested, this frame is ugle as f**k. It looks like it's been f**ked by the infested and get tumors from it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-final-update-2092015/

this is what most of us wanted

Speak for yourself.

I fear to even ask what Endrian feet when we sow Chroma. He could be devastated.

I fear to ask how the designers of Chroma feel about the salt mountain being poured onto him.

let me add that the inside of her helmet is more of a blackhole/vortex that "attracts", and contained inside.

Yes, you are correct. Her helmet looks like a magnetic field but swirls around the dot that's on the helmet.

GZ20WX1.jpg

To be honest I kinda like his design. Makes you wonder even more about the relationship between Warframes and Tenno. Also guys, looks like DE were going for Greek dragon not European. EDIT: Chroma in Greek translates to color so yeah.

23kev6h.jpg

2dhfjmw.png

So they went for Greek instead of Chinese/Japanese dragons?

Also I didn't think Greek dragons would look so Asian-like.

Each of those frames you mentioned have hints of the theme they are supposed to be.

Loki is a jester.

AafdxhQ.jpg

Excalibur just looks like a swordsman/righteous knight straight out without thinking about it.

ohHcATO.jpg

Rhino isn't an african rhino. It's a beetle. You can easily see "beetle" inspired form.

YFj7XBd.jpg

Ember is an ember. Her head is an ember. Look at the way her head lights are arranged, similar shape to that of embers.

VjcGShi.jpg

Frost. Well, he is a crab, i don't know why DE picked a crab(maybe inspired by Alaskan crab fishing) which is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world because of cold.

hvfwE2z.jpg

However, i don't understand how you could misinterpret these pretty obvious themes, yet you can see a "dragon" clearly in Chroma....

Meanwhile people who can easily get the themes from all the warframes struggle to find any dragon hints on him.

This just furthers my point the same way but thanks for clarifying. 

So anyways Chroma is a dragon warframe but like the other Tenno hes not what they seem to be at the same time.

Then I am sure you can find the same thing in Chroma too, having everything to do with being a dragon.

So can we stop whining over the looks of the frame like every other time a new frame is released.

Can we instead discuss it skills? Not gonna reference datamaine stuff, but you think it's gonna be the Captain Planet of warframe? The combined strength of Forst, ember saryn and i guess hydroid?

Also on a scale of 1-10. How OP will it be?

YFj7XBd.jpg

Using this logic, people should be fine with Chroma looking like a leafy sea dragon. But they're not.

Also, loki is not a jester (Mirage is) but more of an imp due to the design of his horns (loki being a god of chaos, sometimes depicted with imp-like traits). Excalibur doesn't look like a swordsman or knight (he looks like a soldier) Nothing in mag's design invokes a magnet on first glance. You're reaching just as much as people who try to claim that Chroma doesn't look like a dragon.

I just thought of something: 

Why not, if there are two Chromas in a team, and that both of them have different colours, then casts a power that would snort stuff out (by god, that is sounding to be a bit like a drug film), and if the two streams collide, they would make combination elements?

For instance, Chroma A snorts out a Toxin stream from using his ability. Then, Chroma B snorts out a Cold stream from using his ability. The two streams combine, and makes one huge Viral stream.

Would be fun, and probably would be disgusting later on.

And take this as a joke.