Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #46!

[DE]Rebecca

So... um... Where is my Tenno supposed to sleep...? I keep on looking for a bedchamber in my Liset, to no avail... Pretty sure this guy must be sleep-deprived by now... OK, now for some real questions. 1. Is the Itzal stealth-archwing going to be making its way to XB1? 2. Like many others, I will also ask: will there be any revisions to the way that the player maintains his/her Kubrow? Perhaps instead of DNA stabilizers, a more immersive Kubrow need such as the need to feed? Various Kubrow-foods could be available for credits, each different food option containing a small stat buff of some kind. This would allow each Tenno to find an advantage in their Kubrow's diet and make Kubrow maintanence fun/rewarding without sacrificing the need to get on regularly so you can tend to your companion! Sorry, sorry- I know, this thread is for questions, not suggestions. Anyways... 3. Regarding EoB, will the player community have a period of time to experience the relays before having to defend them, or are we going to be quickly thrown into the frey? 4. DOJO ENRICHMENT- will there be any?? By this I am referring to features like the dueling room and the obstacle course. Players enjoy these features and they add enrichment to the game. Will there be more features like these in the future? 5. Will Conclaves be tweaked any? I've tried going to these missions but it seems like they are somewhat empty... Maybe it's my settings but you don't really hear people mentioning them! Will any adjustments be made to these? 6. More questlines? Will the Syndicates gain some more personality? More storyline (whether it be Syndicate-related or just more stand-alone questlines) would also add to the immersive experience of Warframe. OK, I'll stop with these. Love this game! My wife (LeftEquation320) plays as well and we've enjoyed it so far! Looking forward to the update. If anyone reading this needs help with a mission, look me up- SluggishGull4.

While myself and many others are very pleased with the announcement of the PVP team and the focus of balance that was reported to come. Many more questions arose about the future of DS conflicts and the mechanics surrounding them that are left unanswered. The Most common two myself and many others would like answered is will the actual mechanics of DS be overhauled as well and will alliances/clans finally have a benefit to owning a DS node.

- It was in the last devsteam I believe, that charge attacks were mentioned as being revisited. The first question that comes to mind is how that will affect channeling, since channeling is basically doing charge damage without a charge time and with an excessive energy cost (at least I think so).

- Will the dark sectors ever get their own tileset?

- Is a capture remake going to be similar to spy? Stealth kill some enemies for target location; if you get spotted, the target will move to 1 of 4 other safe houses. The ones that are empty are rigged to blow and the mission basically takes longer if you rush it compared to how it is now.

- I assume we will have multiple augments for every Warframe ability eventually, but it is already difficult to make room for more than 1 at any given time. Will we get mod slots set aside specifically for augments with some kind of unlock requirement to show our devotion to a favorite frame?

Will core mechanics like the flaky at best jump function get a quality pass this year?

This may be related to Parkour 2.0, but anything that makes me jump every time I press jump would be appreciated!

Will the Aklato damage be corrected to match the single version?

With current prime frames getting bonuses over their non prime counterparts (Rhino's speed bonus, Loki's increase to energy pool, etc), there is less of an incentive for getting normal non prime frames over their prime versions. In fact some people i know simply refer to them as being pretty much mastery fodder. An old live-stream (really old) said that there were no plans to make the prime warframes superior to their normal counterparts (the only changes then were the slight shield recharge delays) and while I know that some things said in live-streams don't always end up happening, I'd like to know what happened.

Will there ever be more dojo rooms? (aquatic room? training room/practice room/target practice room?) Also, will there be more dojo decorations?

What does the new frame look like?

When are passives gonna be given to older frames? 

How come the J3 Golem looks so different from the concept art we saw in 2014? ie see below.

QHKTtUT.jpg

When are the player made mini bosses coming? ie the manic grineer, the riot moa, etc.

Any plans to rework kubrow AI and make them more intelligent and useful and less clunky in missions? Doges really lacking alot atm, yet they have alot of potential.

Teasers/concept art of the new faction? Name perhaps?

Dark Sector rework progress?

8-player raid missions? Are prime rewards gonna be a part of these or will these raids have their own unique rewards?

Thanks.

I admittedly apologise for raising a perhaps 'low priority' issue, however, being the affected party by proxy:

With the reveal that the next Warframe will use Energy Colour to determine their Element, I must simply ask what steps, if any, the collective people involved with the making of a Warframe and the ability interfaces to be accessible to colour blind players?

Whilst I find the concept quite...interesting on an intellectual level, I can assure you that on a practical level I am doubtful that I, and indeed many other colour blind players would be able to fully enjoy a Warframe where one of our main barriers to playing games becomes necessary to the effectiveness of the said frame. It could be the most amazing thing in the world, but if it requires me to tell the difference between Yellow/Green, Blue/Purple or Green/Brown without any outside information...it's unusable.

So, have you taken to heart the input, such as the mod stars dictating Rarity, and the symbol change to Lockers, to take into account colourblind gamers in advance, or, as per my experiences with Colour and Gaming, is this something you will 'get to' at some point?

If so, that's fair enough, and I mean no disrespect. However, it is something I feel worth saying; I was looking forward to a new frame. I really was.

Then I heard 'Colour affects the abilities' and, well...my first response was 'Nevermind then'.

Are my concerns justified that this will be the one Warframe I can't enjoy because of my circumstances, or is this the Warframe that you use to show case a bunch of work you've been doing to make things easier for folks like myself?

At the end of the day, I case in essence:

Was this Mechanic considered with Colour Blind player ability to use in mind, or was this caveat simply unconsidered until the inevitable complaints after release and addressed then, once enough critique had accrued to require change?

Edited by Blakrana

When can we expect the void trader to start cycling rewards? Will his selection each trip get bigger? The current catalog and inventory size would already make for a very long rotation between sales of the same item.

Why were shotguns originally made their own weapon type rather than part of rifles? Weapons like Kohm are interesting, but continue to confuse veteran players about the overall purpose or role of shotguns.

Will we ever get the Pistol + CCW style that is advertised or are the devs content with quick melee and swapping between weapons? This is still the #1 image for Warframe on google, and there are plenty more like this one. Hydroid was Attica / Nami Solo, Ember Prime with Glaive Prime and Sicarius Prime.

kjSyJLO.jpg

Edited by VKhaun

Currently, the syndicate syandanas are untradeable. If it wasn't for the mention of this by DE employees, I would assume this is a bug.

It doesn't stop higher rank players from collecting them all via disloyalty to their chosen syndicates, but it does discourage low rank players from picking a syndicate based on anything besides what syandana(s) they want.

The whole arcane helmet thing was done to keep players from having their hands forced as to how their gameplay related to their cosmetics. Yet, with the introduction of highly-visible, untradeable syandanas, that's exactly what we have now.

Further, as a higher rank player, one-time-purchases aren't particularly interesting to me. I can accrue the needed reputation in mere days, and if I don't like the art of my chosen syndicate, I'm stuck with something I'll never use.

The idea of actually being able to further my goals by being able to trade my purchasable rewards away is an incentive to keep serving the goals of the syndicates I'm allied with, where as, if I have to spend a week gaining reputation with their mortal enemy just so I can get the syandana I want, their goals are going to be moving backwards.

The only support I've heard for why these should be untradeable is some sort of sentimental idealism that is entirely smashed by the fact it would literally take me a week to get max reputation for the syandana I want.

I like the fact that my loyalties can be mutable as such. I don't like the idea of needing to do that for a syandana or any other future offerings. It would encourage the game's economy, it would encourage syndicate loyalty, it would encourage roleplaying for those who believe in it... there's really no objective downside to tradeable syandanas, and no real upside to them being untradeable. Will this be changed, or will I have to spend a little bit of time heaving 5 syndicates at once instead of 4?

EDIT: For legibility.

Edited by Llyssa

1) Raids will be more focused on boss elimination or objective completion? 

2) Can we expect updated Trinity, Frost and Volt models together with improved cloth physics in U16? 

3) Tell more about underwater Archwing mechanics. What makes them different from space combat? 

4) Any hints on the next Prime Warframe? Maybe Ash? Maybe Volt? 

5) Enemies of the Tenno in U16? 

6) What will be specific thing about new J3-Golem fight that will enourage players to fight him frequently?

7) Hubs expansion. When? 

Are you going to implement a Ninja Run feature(As seen in metal Gear Rising) to make parkour easier even if it means not implementing it fully, only making parkour somewhat easier and bearable?

Ever going to to more with that chainsaw gun?

Ever going to make unique weapons more fun?

Melee:

Are ye ever going to address the issues many people have with timed attacks?

it does not fit the game well and can be hard to do in a heated battle, not to mention that people are admitting to not bothering with combs due to the difficulty of doing them and the fact that it's hardly rewarding, not to mention the fact that it also slows you down making it worse than quick melee.

The current system has a nice promise, but it executes poorly and make quick melee for convenient for not dying.

Melee Combos Take Too Much Concentration And Aren't Even Worth Doing.

Not Sure If I'm The Only One Who Feels This Way Regarding Melee Combos

Combo String System(Using The Reload Button) - A Better Combo System

How about holding down "use" "Switch" and "Reload" keys to execute different combos maybe even for quick shot ala Devil May Cry("Switch" key)? Holding down melee for either charge attack or another combos. You already got holding down "block" and "back" down, even holding down "Sprint" Speeds up the flow, but ultimately fails at making you as fast as quick melee.

Or you can tap those buttons to switch to another combo(can even include a sorta sub-stance where they stand differently based on what you switched to)

What would make the current system more bearable would be showing a cobo string branching off into different combos strings and as you push a button, the buttons on the string would highlight basically telling you where you are in the combo.

And when are you going to improve quickening?

It makes no sense that you take away Fury's speed and give it to a mod that ruins your energy pool. 80% loss in efficiency just to get back the speed you lost with Fury's nerf. Fury should have NEVER been nerf and Quickening should NEVER make you lose 80% efficiency. You have Corrupt Charge" that you can use instead for better results with way less efficiency loss. If fury is going to be 30%, then quickening should not have efficiency loss at all, having to channel is god enough. I can reach more speed with using Volt/Valkyr, why even use Quickening. it's so useless. Energy drained in a few hits of a mob. Energy Restore can barely keep up and even using that is too much. 

In the end, timed attacks don't have to go, but hold attacks should be implemented as an alternative. it would be similar to hotkey, but would have that Devil May Cry 5 feel.

Even magically switch between each melee weapon with each button press by materializing them using nanotechnites(Or Nano tech)...

You have Sword, Scythe, galive equipped, hold or press each button i mentioned earlier to materialize them r simply have different combos for the same weapon.

And you should speed up the animation of each combos, there is no reason for them to be so slow and get you killed.

Melee Quick Shot

Melee Stance Mod Stat Rework (Multi-Hit/multi-Shot In Place Of Additional Mod...

Dagger Stance Attackspeed Bug?

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Impact, Puncture And Slash Are Meaningless - What are ye guys going to do about this?

sn8UaKa.gif

You even going to fix this?

Even the Glaive slide attack is strong than it's thow damage. Are you going to reverse this?

Also Mirage Hall of Mirror clones cannot toss the Glaive with it equipped. I do however see them toss it when it's not equipped, but only when hosting, much lke the dread issue especially with thunderbolt. You going to fix this?

Extras:

You guys ever going to start adding new tiles to old tiles again with each update or at least major update? The old tiles are getting boring and repetitive especially the age old ones.

You ever going to add custom player created tilesets like you said you guys would do?

You ever going to give kubrows an auto loot system like a trained pet and even sniff out enemies?

Would you be able to transfer to each planetary lobby w/o going back to Liset and have Ordis fly the Liset to your location. It would make the Liset similar to a "My Room" feature.

Would you be able to access the star chart and begin missions from the lobby without going into liset?

Would there ever be an HQ lobby?

Ever thought of disabling energy drain trap doors until U15 for the sake of sword alone?

Every going to make alerts adapt any infested tilesets and other missions?

Infested missions ever going to go dark?

Invasions ever going to get new music, tilesets, planets, missions(Ext is boring, tired and broken), and more meaningful rewards?

Ever going to allow credits to add up based on time spent in endless missions and alerts?

(In the time spent moving up to wave 10, i could have done upto wave 5 twice over and earn double the credits of going to 10 and triple going to 15 and quadruple for 20 and so forth. Something is seriously wrong here)

Ever going to simplify Void keys and make T1-T4 keys rather than T2(Insert Mission here)?

It's a convoluted mess and there is no definitive way to even get precisely the right key which means you must deal with awful trading and pray you can use the wrong key to get the right one.which hardly happens.

Ever going to put Void key rewards back in normal missions? See no reason why they aren't there in the first place?

Every going to make T1 keys appear after 5 waves/5 minutes, etc. happen more often and T2 for 10 and T3/T4 for 15?

You guys ever going to streamline the escape menu more?

Rather than click on "Equipment" then click Arsenal, you hover over "Equipment" then hover over "Arsenal" and click it.

will you guys ever look on loki and ash going invisible and makin the invisible mode much more visable to players so we can better see when we combo in lighted maps. ps i know you can change the color but still makin it more visable is much better changing color only goes so far especialy in bright envoryments.

Focus?

It's been a while since DE has buffed Frost. As it currently stands, many players only view him for viability in defensive missions (solely for Snow Globe). Scott has said that he wanted Frost to be more than a one trick pony. However, the changes made to Frost since then have had very little affect as to how players view him. Is there any plans to buff Frosts other three abilities to improve his viability without his Snow Globe? (I.e. giving Ice Wave Knock Back, Avalanche Cold Procing surviving targets, Freeze becoming Hit-Scan/larger Freeze AoE, removing Duration on Snow Globe, and making it reliant on HP/Armor only. (note all proposed changes are to provide CC/Utility and synergy throughout his kit, rather than damage buffs))

Edited by AlphaHorseman

there are threads about this, and DE has stated that they have taken the colorblind community into consideration, and have found the system to be accesible even for the colorblind

Encouraging. Can you provide links?

Unless this is within the Design Council which...never mind really.