Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Spy 2.0

StallordD

A lot of people were saying that the new Spy missions are too confusing or difficult and that they have literally zero margin for error. I made a little video showing some super easy routes and demonstrating that the gear you take really isn't super important.

Edited by StallordD

Nice vid StallordD.

Usual players must understand that it requires more finesse than their average survival run : you don't go fullboltorprimenukeeverythinginsightboomboom (unless you want to rush & get the data in less than 10 seconds,dealing with lasers & enemies)! You plan what to do, you talk to your teammates("I'll go through the left vent while use your bow against the camera"), you use STEALTH.

This is the beginning of the Space ninja feeling, and I'm glad it's finally happening... :)

Thanks for the video StallordD!

You mentioned in the video the possibility of adding more rooms, we're currently working on 6 more rooms which are close to completion.

-Dont use Rhino

We tested the vaults with Rhino too, they should all be doable without triggering alarms.  Rhino is slower and his wall run height is shorter than most frames, but take things a bit slower and you'll do fine.  Iron skin is useful if you do set alarms off and have to deal with heavy turrets and other enemies.

Edited by Whirrrrr

I used Rhino though the quest Spy missions no problem. Some vents are a little hard. But remember melee air dash.

Only room I had trouble with is the Corpus  two hallway simple U room. Because multiple random crewmen would wander in and travel the length of the room just wading though the lasers. At least they don't set anything off. And this was with no previous alarms. Did not have a silenced gun on hand because I just jumped into the questline willy nilly after patch.

Overall, even easier with a silenced gun, the risk of detection is a joke by the grineer scanner sentries.

Silenced Vaykor Marelock with blast is the best thing since silently exploding cut bread that paints the walls of the kitchen in delicious toasty crust... silently

Edited by Firetempest

You mentioned in the video the possibility of adding more rooms, we're currently working on 6 more rooms which are close to completion.

We tested the vaults with Rhino too, they should all be doable without triggering alarms.  Rhino is slower and his wall run height is shorter than most frames, but take things a bit slower and you'll do fine.  Iron skin is useful if you do set alarms off and have to deal with heavy turrets and other enemies.

Awesome, Thank you <3

I don't think that's what he meant. :p

I used Rhino though the quest Spy missions no problem. Some vents are a little hard. But remember melee air dash.

Only room I had trouble with is the Corpus  two hallway simple U room. Because multiple random crewmen would wander in and travel the length of the room just wading though the lasers. At least they don't set anything off. And this was with no previous alarms. Did not have a silenced gun on hand because I just jumped into the questline willy nilly after patch.

Overall, even easier with a silenced gun, the risk of detection is a joke by the grineer scanner sentries.

Silenced Vaykor Marelock with blast is the best thing since silently exploding cut bread that paints the walls of the kitchen in delicious toasty crust... silently

You are the funniest person. Just ever. "silently exploding cut bread that paints the walls of the kitchen in delicious toasty crust... silently" is the best thing I have ever heard ever.

Btw, is it possible to turn off grineer invasion when doing corpus spy 2.0 mission? especially syndicate mission? these combats reject my stealth kill affinity bonus, even when neither grineer nor corpus knows that i'm there.

Edit: i recently just had this event happened again, Grineer in corpus Spy 2.0...

somehow those grineer tried to trigger the alarm? sounds normal... but the alarm in the corpus ship? sounds wrong...

Edited by low1991

I thought the spy 2.0 missions were easy. You have to put a little more thought into gathering data, but its nothing difficult.

I would suggest, however, that you use orthos (prime) in spy missions, as the directional melee on that thing sends you far distances which makes access to vents a lot easier.

May we expect a reward pool made specifically for Spy, with awesome mods or something?

Veterans say that this revamp is indeed participating on making this year a quality one,& people are happy that the rep & affinity(thanks for that) for doing stealth has reached the ceiling!

However,when we see that rescue gives specters,defense/survival offer tons of stuff, we look at spy and think that it could give more than that...

People would mix between missions, instead of just sticking with defense/survival/endless stuff...

Rewards based on the amount of detections (outside the spy rooms) might even make the most rambo people think about something else than run from A to B-> do stuff -> extract, but it may be too punishing for rushers... :p

On the other hand, something solid for not rising any alarm might interest people to be ninja/kunoichi often! (a rare mod, r5 fusion cores, et caetera...)

On a sidenote : aaarg these grineer sensors are too tanky! I just tried a Phobos spy & one got stuck in front of the door where the data was. I knew that my rank 30 Paris wouldn't destroy it in one shot like I would with corpus cameras...So I used my Ember's WoF but guess what? It died after 2 hits (less than a second) but enough to alert a heavy eximus behind me!...

Is it intended or can you lower their HP a little? :/

Also,the Spy revamp,while amazing, would need be followed by Stealth improvements aswell...

Like these (I know,it's also self promoting but I don't find many topics about it) :

The stealth megathread : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/3930-stealth-feedback-suggestions-thread/

Stealth ideas :  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394960-stealth-20-quality-of-life/

Nice work, and please keep going! :)

Moves ideas for alternate paths : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355484-moves-20-ledge-mechanics/

Edited by unknow99