Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Spy 2.0

StallordD

Hushed Perrin Grinlock and Silenced Vaykor Marelock FTW! I'm having great fun with these missions and the rewards are amazing too. Killing a Napalm for 18887 Affinity is the most satisfying thing right now.

The only problem I see is Loki and Decoy + Switch Teleport. (Well, he is the "deceit and trickery" warframe, so I don't know.)

They are not difficult they are annoying... the Grineer ones.

And they are annoying because they are trial and error and there are no clues on anything. You go in there blind and once you mess up it's over.

So it's not like you mess up and you have a chance and fixing it, it's just mess up and you now got 15 seconds to figure out some other stuff you dont know about.

Once you learn the path they offer no challenge but going in for the first time it's like being told to open three doors and behind those three doors you get punched in the face each time you open one. They should have some gradual learning curve with them. Lotus should suggest for you to go for the easy ones based on the data they got from somewhere. They should have easy ones that are just running around figuring out the puzzle with a few traps, medium that add harder puzzle and a couple of standard units, and hard ones that include more difficult units even special units designed specifically for the vault.  

Throwing a new game element with no info and letting people just randomly pop into it is going to get some people annoyed. And, yes, this is some testing on blablity blah but some of this stuff should be done internally.

BTW, this should be in Players helping Players. Just because there's a vid it shouldn't mean that it belongs in the Fan Zone.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

They are not difficult they are annoying... the Grineer ones.

And they are annoying because they are trial and error and there are no clues on anything. You go in there blind and once you mess up it's over.

So it's not like you mess up and you have a chance and fixing it, it's just mess up and you now got 15 seconds to figure out some other stuff you dont know about.

Once you learn the path they offer no challenge but going in for the first time it's like being told to open three doors and behind those three doors you get punched in the face each time you open one. They should have some gradual learning curve with them. Lotus should suggest for you to go for the easy ones based on the data they got from somewhere. They should have easy ones that are just running around figuring out the puzzle with a few traps, medium that add harder puzzle and a couple of standard units, and hard ones that include more difficult units even special units designed specifically for the vault.  

Throwing a new game element with no info and letting people just randomly pop into it is going to get some people annoyed. And, yes, this is some testing on blablity blah but some of this stuff should be done internally.

BTW, this should be in Players helping Players. Just because there's a vid it shouldn't mean that it belongs in the Fan Zone.

If you do the nodes in progressive order, they provide exactly that. A slow learning curve. If it's such a confusing game mode, go practice on the easier ones. Does Lotus really need to spell out everything for you?

If you do the nodes in progressive order, they provide exactly that. A slow learning curve. If it's such a confusing game mode, go practice on the easier ones. Does Lotus really need to spell out everything for you?

It would be extremely helpful if the Lotus told us that they are in order.

And i did not say it was confusing.

It would be extremely helpful if the Lotus told us that they are in order.

And i did not say it was confusing.

con·fu·sion
kənˈfyo͞oZHən/
noun
confusion; plural noun: confusions
lack of understanding; uncertainty.

the state of being bewildered or unclear in one's mind about something.

Most missions scale with planet level to some extent. While yes it wasn't blatantly clear, I thought it was common knowledge.

Edited by StallordD

How to do Spy 2.0

-Dont use Rhino

-Dont try to kill every single moving thing

-Dont try get highest dmg possible

-Dont nuke every single room

-Dont trigger every single alarm

But that negates how 3/4 of the people in the game know how to play it, so they won't.

SOME of us know how to stealth and ENJOY going through as ghosts. I had 0 difficulty with it even as a Banshee. With Loki it was too easy.

Most missions scale with planet level to some extent. While yes it wasn't blatantly clear, I thought it was common knowledge.

Common knowledge for many people does not equal common knowledge for rushing jerkoffs whose sole reason for existence is to screw other players out of kills in a co-op game.

Stealth is not always about invisibility. Often it is about timing and coordination. About thinking before moving.

Which is why so many people don't do it. It slows them down.

Edited by Kalenath

You mentioned in the video the possibility of adding more rooms, we're currently working on 6 more rooms which are close to completion.

just to clarify, you're working on 6 more rooms, and plus the 3 rooms we have that'll be 9 room right? cos I read somewhere from a dev post that 3 new rooms will be added in U16 

con·fu·sion
kənˈfyo͞oZHən/
noun
confusion; plural noun: confusions
lack of understanding; uncertainty.

the state of being bewildered or unclear in one's mind about something.

Nothing in my post was about confusion.

And why are you talking about planet ranks when i was discussing vaults themselves?

I managed to pick up 5k rep in a solo game... Yeah no. Spy 2.0 - Best rewards.

While the xp bonus if stealthed is a nice thing, it would be cool if each vault would contain a "physical" item as well, such as fusion cores or void keys. Maybe have Alad V coordinates as a rare drop, so we don't have to wait for invasions. Stuff like that.

/e: But that's better discussed in a different thread.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Limbo has an extremely easy time with the Corpus missions since he can Riftwalk past the lasers (please for the love of god don't change this, his immunity to Corpus hazards is the only reason those hazards are tolerable half the time), but I'm finding Grineer missions ludicrously difficult in comparison. The spy drones aren't the problem, it's the weird layout of the rooms combined with the fact that one of them has two double-key locks in order to access the vault. If you're not playing solo, you HAVE to have two people in there, which doubles your odds of detection even before they screw up and run into a purification beam in the production line area behind the scenes.

Hushed Perrin Grinlock and Silenced Vaykor Marelock FTW! I'm having great fun with these missions and the rewards are amazing too. Killing a Napalm for 18887 Affinity is the most satisfying thing right now.

The only problem I see is Loki and Decoy + Switch Teleport. (Well, he is the "deceit and trickery" warframe, so I don't know.)

Hmmmm I must try that!...

But that negates how 3/4 of the people in the game know how to play it, so they won't.

SOME of us know how to stealth and ENJOY going through as ghosts. I had 0 difficulty with it even as a Banshee. With Loki it was too easy.

Common knowledge for many people does not equal common knowledge for rushing jerkoffs whose sole reason for existence is to screw other players out of kills in a co-op game.

Stealth is not always about invisibility. Often it is about timing and coordination. About thinking before moving.

Which is why so many people don't do it. It slows them down.

Which is also why this alternate gameplay is really cool too... I rarely get this much teamplay when run&gunning.

We talk with the chat("go on the left side man,I'm taking the laser path"), stay crouched & together... These moments truly make me feel I'm playing a coop game.(and I also can do it solo so...What else?)

Warframe - It's about the destination, not the journey.

My clone is right on that one. :)

Edited by unknow99

I enjoyed soloing this with perma-invis Loki and a suppressed Braton P, not least because there wasn't a God damned thing the poor bastards could do to save their secrets, or even themselves for that matter. Good rewards were an additional treat, but it would be great if more missions became as rewarding, without organized group requirements.

Loving the addition of these Splinter-Cell styled sections - it involves some thought on how to dodge certain traps, and while some frames can bypass some of them rather easily (Loki stealth + switch teleport, Nova Wormhole, Valkyr zipline, Zephyr flight,etc.), they can be done with any frame if you don't try to rush it and actually take a look around. I found a few alternate paths I wasn't aware of when I got through, going all "oh, this was here? Welp."

I can't wait to see more changes to Stealth, tho, especially when it comes to AI behavior, perception and reaction.

Also would be nice to have explosions actually cause noise for the AI, so they don't ignore rockets, grenades and other stuff blowing up in their hearing range, but throwing a tantrum when they hear someone's distant, almost inaudible pistol fire over the sound of a large piece of machinery right next to them.

That bait console in the room with lasers all over the ground had me, i thought i could tip toe between the lasers.

And in this video it turned out you have to hack the one outside that room.

OTL

Thanks for the video :)

We all tried this... (and failed haha) It was the first room I encountered!

Loving the addition of these Splinter-Cell styled sections - it involves some thought on how to dodge certain traps, and while some frames can bypass some of them rather easily (Loki stealth + switch teleport, Nova Wormhole, Valkyr zipline, Zephyr flight,etc.), they can be done with any frame if you don't try to rush it and actually take a look around. I found a few alternate paths I wasn't aware of when I got through, going all "oh, this was here? Welp."

I can't wait to see more changes to Stealth, tho, especially when it comes to AI behavior, perception and reaction.

Also would be nice to have explosions actually cause noise for the AI, so they don't ignore rockets, grenades and other stuff blowing up in their hearing range, but throwing a tantrum when they hear someone's distant, almost inaudible pistol fire over the sound of a large piece of machinery right next to them.

They really need to make distracting tools,rweak the AI & their pathfinding a little, and remove Ogris inner silence(make it Hushable,but not silent by default I mean)...It doesn't make sense. :p

I think part of the reason many people thought it was hard was because maybe many, like myself, assumed by the wording of the event that you have to be stealthy through the entire mission. Then I watched Rebecca and Megan on prime time and found out that spy 2.0 mission wise is the same as rescue 2.0 with maybe a few lasers added. The stealth mission doesn't begin till you reach the actual area. The final mission rewards were kinda meh for all you had to do and the result of collecting all the codecs and plugging them into the "machine" was very anti-climatic.