The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy 2.0 Was A Mistake

lancerr11

I beg to differ on all fronts of your argument. I enjoy doing it because it requires more than just the old run and gun tactic. It actually does reward you if you do it properly; Affinity and end of mission rewards. I find it fun because I feel like I'm actually putting my skills to the test.

This isn't a game mode where you should just run in guns blazing

hum how the hell you find spy2.0 hard.

There are pathway everywere

barelly any enemies

it dosen't matter if you get an alarm before entering the room

You can't use your soma/boltor P well use paris p or slap the noise reductor mod

Even better grab a excal max range with power mod and spam 4

Or you could try using your brain too that work well

I beg to differ on all fronts of your argument. I enjoy doing it because it requires more than just the old run and gun tactic. It actually does reward you if you do it properly; Affinity and end of mission rewards. I find it fun because I feel like I'm actually putting my skills to the test.

This isn't a game mode where you should just run in guns blazing

This.

The gamemode is not hard, admittedly getting used to it will be difficult, but it is a lot of fun.

I can reliably do about half of the new tiles without getting caught, but have little clue for the rest.

My faith in the skills of the playerbase has been shaken though, as many 'skilled' players, with significant veteran experience evidenced by mr17+, have demonstrated a complete ineptitude when it comes to moving or hacking, both of which are incredibly easy to do well enough in to pass this mission.

What is difficult about this mode? you can shoot before you get to a spy area, just ensure no alarms are going off as you enter.

Tons of stealth tunnels etc to bypass and avoid detection.

Spy 2.0 is great

The affinity awards are great.

The ciphers are easy, when you are used to running high end maps and turning off alarms, these are no challenge.

How is it a mistake? It's a massive improvement over what was a boring and poorly-named gamemode, and what's more, the game itself is actually CHANGING and BEING IMPROVED UPON, making the game far more varied, adding things that cater to and appeal to a wider range of tastes and players.

Or would you rather have every mission type just be clones of every other mission type?

It's not fun , It's not rewarding , It's boring and hard ..

17 Seconds until detonation in a game with a terrible mini-map(no offense,but yeah) ?  I guess it's gonna be like "Cipher all the things!" now ..

its better than ever. the point of having a spy mission is to not run and gun it, its supposed to be challenging. constructive criticism needs to be understood and saying "its a mistake because its hard" doesnt mean anything. the rewards i could level with you there but other than that, its fine the way it is now and is now more of a spy mission than it ever has

It's not fun , It's not rewarding , It's boring and hard ..

17 Seconds until detonation in a game with a terrible mini-map(no offense,but yeah) ?  I guess it's gonna be like "Cipher all the things!" now ..

well different opinions are different...let's see I have been playing since closed beta and I think that Spy 2.0 has finally put the game in really good tracks towards a very good objective.

It is very fun for me and I love it. and I will love it even more when stealth 2.0 comes. and be sure that DE promises and then delivers, so I'm more than happy.

but yea every person has different opinions.

EDIT: for a guy with a loki avatar like yours....If you play loki i can't believe you said it's hard....i can't....it's very very easy to get in using the vents...and if you have loki you can screw 90% of the hacking pannels and switch teleport your way in everything

Edited by Domaik

Found the grineer ones a bit hard at first, a combo of the hacks being much slower for me to do then the robophiles at least at the higher levels (once they start reversing direction each time you click a node), the floating camera things you appearently can't kills fast enough not to have them give an alarm out, and I think a bit harder mazes. But after some practice and learning what not to do I can do them just fine in any frame.

What does annoy me is the problems inherent in the actual stealth mechanics in the game and the inability to rack up bonuses well if I'm not in one of the two stealth frames or using a stealth pet.

Some key frustrating examples...

-Using an ability on an unaware enemy that instakills him doesn't count as a stealth kill it seems

-The fussiness of placement for executing a stealth melee kill sometimes

-Shooting a guy in the face with a silent weapon somehow alerts the next three rooms because...I don't know telepathy?

-The occasional enemy that somehow sees you through walls or behind him and whips through the door screaming about tenno

-Often it seems enemies never really settle back down, if I turn off the alarms I should be able to wait a bit and have the alert levels drop instead of opening the door to the next room just to see a dozen enemies facing the door waiting

-And the last one gets me everytime, Lotus says "Good job they'll never notice the data missing" head out towards the next point and as soon as you leave the maze there is a handful of enemies sitting behind crates aimed at the door, if they will never notice I was there how come this crew seems to know a tenno was in there (this happens even if I never alert the enemy to my presence)

I really enjoy the spy overhaul. It gives a real sense of immersion to the missions. I truly felt like a clandestine space ninja, sneaking through vents, bypassing laser grids, hacking information from right under the enemy's nose... great stuff.

I have to say this is one of my favorite updates by far. Really gives me the assassins creed feel when I break into the security rooms. I usually play slowly and solo, so this gives me a perfect missions to really test my bow and stealth skills. The stealth game has been lacking for a long time with Warframe and I hope this is just a teaser as to what may come later down the road.

I myself would like to see some type of larger hacking game involved in a mission. Perhaps having to assault a mainframe computer and go through several different hacking stages consecutively in order to win the mission. For group missions have one person get locked in a room trying to hack a computer while your team mates hold off the baddies for a couple minutes. If you fail at hacking one sequence, you start over.

Anyways great job DE on the new mission, I thoroughly enjoy them.