The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Frame

NocturneOfSolace

A dragon themed frame sounds awesome but I'm not super certain about this part

As a reminder, the color of your energy will change the elemental damage type

I'm sorry DE, it's a really cool idea, but what's not a cool idea is how it implies I'd have to change my entire color scheme just to fit around this one mechanic.

What do you guys think

Changing your entire color scheme isn't true, the only thing you might have to change is energy color, and that only determines what elements your powers will be. Just pick whatever color you like, and if stats bother you, compensate your weapon loadout to make up for the warframe's current element.

I understand the concern, but honestly I can't really see this being too problematic.

Edited by Krion112

Changing your entire color scheme isn't true, the only thing you might have to change is energy color

Well of course, but say your favorite colour scheme is black/dark grey with blood red energy colour, and you want to use Corrosive damage on the frame. That's gonna screw up everything.

Sounds like a cool theme though. I'm imagining something like a bat-ish Zephyr, without all the feminine traits.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Well of course, but say your favorite colour scheme is black/dark grey with blood red energy colour, and you want to use Corrosive damage on the frame. That's gonna screw up everything.

As someone who actually uses that color scheme, I would say it's my loss as I proceed to use the Warframe like a Blast elemental (judging by Zephyr's Tornadoes), and still have a reason to use Saryn.

Edited by Archwizard

I do agree that it seems to fly in the face of their reasoning for removing stats on helmets, but I'm going to wait for launch to repremand/condone DE on it.

Except that I'm 99.999% certain that all of the various elemental damages will be covered by the basic colors that all players have for free.

Meaning that players won't be locked out of specific elemental damage types simply because they didn't buy a color palette. 

Except that I'm 99.999% certain that all of the various elemental damages will be covered by the basic colors that all players have for free.

Meaning that players won't be locked out of specific elemental damage types simply because they didn't buy a color palette. 

It's still having stats affecting cosmetics (the reason they removed Arcane helmets).  Doesn't matter if it's free or not.  Energy color determining elemental damage type is exactly opposite stats and cosmetics being separate.

Which is why I find it to be a curious decision, since they were so adamant about Arcane helmets never coming back.

They confirmed that all the elements would be available on the default color picker, but I was talking about cosmetics affectingin game function, not that you needed to farm/buy cosmetics to get the best stuff.

Guys, what I think he's trying to say is he doesn't want his customization taken away

WHat if you want ice damage but you prefer greens? Especially that particular shade of green as your energy color? The green is toxin; which is useless to him

I fI'm correct then I can completely agree with im, the only reason I'm not raging is becauae I want the fire damage, and my favorite pallet is the fire patllete

as far as i'm aware, in pretty much any fantasy lore the dragons color was indicative of what kind of breath attack you'd be encountering.

so firstly, constant in game advantage for every enemy faction provided you play around with your power colors (hello there, loadouts, nice to meet you) and make presets.

secondly, it's only the power color that you're changing, based on my understanding of the concept.

thirdly, please for the love of god can it have wings and a toggle sustained flight? PLEASE?!

Edited by ObviousLee

I'm fine with it, just for this frame. I'd take more issue with it if it became a trend/systemic change. But I'm not so dramatic to think it will.

I'd say why not let DE do this? It's a take it or leave it situation as far as I'm concerned. 

Just to clarify, the idea of being able to change damage type sounds great to me, the fact I might have to adapt my energy color is a trade-off I'm, willing to make for this one frame. I do not however intend to support this idea beyond that. 

No sense in worry if she's pregnant before to two of you have even done the dirty deed

.....wtf

This doesn't even apply correctly as an analogy.  We've already got a frame coming with the theme clearly stated as the OP has put it...hell the powers are chosen (and were even leaked).  There's no question here.

How it plays isn't even in scope of the OP's concern.  How it's described is.  It's a perfectly legitimate topic of discussion.

I hope it has some sort of dragon hide damage reduction power.

I'm a bit tired of having all the tanky frames be girls, lately.  And dragon hide makes sense for a dragon frame.

I'm tired of all the lame male frames...from Nekros on up males have been nothing but garbage.  Nekros being the coolest out of all of them.  Limbo being the most back@$$wards frame ever released.

Although, you can't spell 'lame' without 'm' 'a' 'l' 'e' ... so...

I'm tired of all the lame male frames...from Nekros on up males have been nothing but garbage.  Nekros being the coolest out of all of them.  Limbo being the most back@$$wards frame ever released.

Although, you can't spell 'lame' without 'm' 'a' 'l' 'e' ... so...

You think desecrate frame is the cool? Opinions i guess. As for limbo he's a good frame people just enjoy trashing how we looks.

You think desecrate frame is the cool? Opinions i guess. As for limbo he's a good frame people just enjoy trashing how we looks.

Correction good sir, Limbo is an AWESOME frame provided you are not a troll and are ok with lousy damage. I love his battlefield control thematic. I simply run around banishing high threat targets until the team is finished with the trash mobs then we combine in a concerted offensive vs the heavies.

It's not all about offense anymore and I am truly thankful for that frame(now that Cata got a toggle that is).

+1 op I understand the feeling however we just need to realize that there is a massive advantage to this frame that non other boast in a viable(hopefully) DPS oriented.

Edited by geninrising