Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Sound "improvements"

Teljaxx

The new Grakata sound is so much worse than it used to be. Normally, I would not really care this much about something as relatively minor as what a single weapon sounds like. But since the majority of the Grineer use it, it is actually a fairly major part of the game experience.

When I first heard the new sound, I thought it was a glitch with the new reverb effects that were added at the same time that was making the sound way too quiet and weak. But no, the gun just sounds pathetic now. So now fighting Grineer Lancers sounds like fighting a flock of mildly annoyed woodpeckers. Either that, or one of the symptoms of cloning degradation is horrible gas.

Other guns, like the Karak, actually got an upgrade and sound great now. But the Grakata's old sound was awesome, and definitely better than the new one. It sounds like DE recorded someone shaking a plastic container full of gravel for the new sound.

And even though it is a little bit better sounding when you are using it than when you hear someone else using it, it is still so much worse than it used to be. The Grakata used to be one of my favorite guns, but now I can barely stand to use it anymore. This supposed "upgrade" has seriously hurt my enjoyment both when fighting the Grineer, and when using one of my favorite guns.

Now, tell me how wrong I am, how much you love the new sound, and how pointless my complaints are. Because I know I am in the minority with this opinion, I always am. And I know that this post will not accomplish anything, and we are stuck with this new terrible sound, but I still feel like it needs to be said.

I'll admit, large groups of Lancers really don't sound too threatening when they have Grakatas using that sound... but I don't mind being used. It's certainly weaker than the original sound, but then again Lancers aren't exactly very deadly or major threats on the battlefield regardless of what By The Numbers says.

that's interesting, because that sound actually makes the Grakata sound like a much more threatening Weapon, as someone that's quite familiar with Firearms.

the tuning of that sound makes the Weapon sound like it's shooting faster, and makes the Weapon sound less like a generic "bang!" and more like the Sub Caliber Bullet Hose that it is.

sure, each shot sounds like Sub Caliber rather than full power Rifle, but it makes it sound much more like a threatening shredding Weapon, and i'm more than content with this.

it sounds more like a conventional Weapon i might expect someone to use in CQB combat, and i find no flaw in that.

in the hands of the Grineer practicing "remember, use Short Controlled Bursts", it may not sound as impressive, but when used as the Bullet Hose that it is, i am much enthralled by the new sound.

You know what? If the next event has a Grakata Wraith as a reward, and it uses the old Grakata sounds, that would be nice. Though it still would not help the normal Lancers sound threatening again. Increasing the volume a bit, and adding more bass to the sound would help that. It needs more thump and less rattle.

Moved to Sound Feedback.

BAH! I was not sure which topic to put this in, and I knew I chose wrong...

With Grakata being one of my favorite guns, I'm torn between both sounds. The first did sound more "fictional" and it did fit the "grineer" theme better with caseless heavy caliber rounds propelled by gas, the new sounds more "tactical" like a submachine gun which does sound more realistic but it doesn't feel very "grineer".

Solution? Vaykor Grakata has the older sounds but tweaked a bit more to fit the current "reverb" thing they're trying to push.

• 2 weeks later...

With Grakata being one of my favorite guns, I'm torn between both sounds. The first did sound more "fictional" and it did fit the "grineer" theme better with caseless heavy caliber rounds propelled by gas, the new sounds more "tactical" like a submachine gun which does sound more realistic but it doesn't feel very "grineer"

Solution? Vaykor Grakata has the older sounds but tweaked a bit more to fit the current "reverb" thing they're trying to push.

vaykor grakata? Pls let this be a thing i would use nothing else evar!!!!! Edited by (XB1)Desert Rogue