Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff Electric Shield And Overload

akira_him

Well if you try to pass an electric fence you don't exactly live

No, but tbh every time I've shot a person through an electric fence, it seems to deal the same crit damage.  Also, they are able to hit me.

Honestly, I don't care about logic on an already great ability.  It's good for offense, it's phenomenal for defense, with the defensive part scaling infinitely.  I wouldn't complain if OP's buff happened, but this skill doesn't deserve it.

Overload's stun being affected by duration mods would be pretty gangster, though.

I like this idea, it's thematic and it wouldn't be too OP - either a stun or a knockdown maybe, would be good.  It really should have been part of the Shield from the get go, but I suppose it would make a good augment.

Really dislike the idea someone mentioned above of a mobile shield augment though, that would be OP, plus also half the fun of Volt is being situationally aware and placing static shields in the right places.

Overload is definitely due for a tweak though - I suggest more items in a room be "electrical", not just lights (e.g. things like crates with electronic locks, wiring, etc.), and Overload "choose" only some things in a room per hit, so there's "juice" for maybe 3 good Overloads (of present strength - no need to up the oomph too much) in a big room.

Edited by Omnimorph

______________________________________________________________________________________

I, too, believe that Electric Shield should stun enemies that pass through it.    

An Augment that damages and procs enemies that walk through the Shield would be welcomed alternative (but Shocking Speed is already a thing).  

As for Overload..?

Here are two changes that I believe would greatly improve Overload, making it a desirable move to use:

● Increase the time between pulses, making each pulse distinguishable from eachother. (Without effecting the cast time or animation.)

● Allow Duration Mods to affect the number of pulses.

Provided that each pulse has a 100% proc chance, Overload would become quite a useful CC tool with these changes.

If DE plans to take the slide all the way down to Voltopia, then I suggest these additional tweaks:

● Add an additional pulse to Overload for improved Duration (and dmg) scaling capabilities, for further increased crowd control.

This would also make up for the Ability being less instantaneous, due to my above changes.

● Remove the dreaded "Electric Jesus" pose, please.  

Currently, presumably when Overloading (a high number of?) electronics, Volt is suspended in the air for a prolonged period of time, (in a crucifixion-esque T-pose), during the cast animation.  

This causes Volt to be highly vulnerable in situations that he should have the edge in (that being, when Overloading electronics).

Things that Volt absolutely requires:

● Change his description, please.

Volt is not an alternative to gunplay. Volt is a versatile Warframe with Abilities that compliment both gunplay and melee.

●  A sexy-! Prime. (Which is on the way, HYPE!!!1)
______________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Flackenstien

Personally I would like to see a buff in Soeed as well. Something like when you run into an enemy or object before the duration ends it sets off a small static stun AOE.

As it is I almost never use that skill.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shocking_Speed

What about making Overload clash and interfere with Nullifiers? If it would hack every electronic around, what about those on enemies? Similar to how Shield Polarize works. Just, disabling robotics, enemy Eximuses' auras...

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I'd rather see overload effectively stun everything around Volt for 8 seconds or so that get a straight damage boost.  And an augment to make electric shield work like Odanata's shield would be nice.  It wouldn't be too OP because you're still required to sacrifice a mod slot for it, and also wouldn't be able to lay down multiple shields for 360 degree cover anymore.  Which means you'd die from bombards.

Edited by Holeypaladin

You like the pose.  

How many others do though?

I'd prefer to just not make Volt vulnerable like that, rather than keep it just because an extreme minority likes it.  

(A speed-up for the pose would, not only not resolve the issue of volt being vulnerable, but also make your whole "I actually like the pose" point moot, as now its all sped up.)

Edited by Flackenstien

Electric Shield is already an extremely powerful skill : it increases your offensive power a lot with critical based weapons and by a fair amount for the other ones, it provides an very decent cover, is recastable, an a part of its bonuses can be stacked with more shields. Furthermore it costs a fairly low amount of energy for what it does. It does not need a buff of any kind. That "repulse enemies that touch the shield" thing could work as an augment, but I really doubt that it would be used that much : as a Volt main, when I want to keep enemies at bay with Volt, I prefer much more using shock and/or a melee weapon able to ragdoll things. In not defense oriented gamemodes I can also get away by myself with Speed.

About Overload, well, I can agree that it needs a buff. Allowing electronic parts to be reusable would be a good start.

Ever heard of bullet sponge? I doubt you can kill everything when you're getting swarm from all direction

If you're getting swarmed that badly, that's your team's fault. Changing a skill isn't going to fix that.

You like the pose.  

How many others do though?

I'd prefer to just not make Volt vulnerable like that, rather than keep it just because an extreme minority likes it.  

(A speed-up for the pose would, not only not resolve the issue of volt being vulnerable, but also make your whole "I actually like the pose" point moot, as now its all sped up.)

From what I can recall, the pose only gets extended if Overload is triggering extra damage from electronics? I've never gotten stuck with the extended pose after the first use, and even then, it seems really sporadic as to whether it's going to trigger or not.

From what I can recall, the pose only gets extended if Overload is triggering extra damage from electronics? I've never gotten stuck with the extended pose after the first use, and even then, it seems really sporadic as to whether it's going to trigger or not.

Thus, remove it, as it is unnecessary.

Edited by Flackenstien

4 abilities should be around Overload's power level.  Overload's damage potential is not as high as others at base and can conditionally increase due to bunched up enemies (ignoring electronics completely, but they can help once.)  Overload's cast animation also makes it so that you can't get out of any situation for free, but the stun it provides rewards you for smart use so it can be used as a panic button if you aren't already screwed.  The prolonged animation bug is no good, though, given that electric proc stuns don't overlap properly.  

i once made a suggestion that instead of destroying the electronics, volts overload causes them to go into a recharge period after which they reactivate, allowing them to be used multiple times.

That one still makes overload very situational

Overload seems great until you see Saryn do her equivalent AoE and explode the room in .3 seconds, so yeah, his 4 needs some type of damage or stun increase. His real issue is his slow base speed that becomes glaringly apparent when he uses Speed.

Volt was corpus destroyer, but now he is more likely a utility/CC frame so I think he should have more CC component in his kit. That's why I suggest making the stun duration affected by mods

If you're getting swarmed that badly, that's your team's fault. Changing a skill isn't going to fix that.

Actually nothing to do with the team and more on the mission type. For defense mission, you're going to get swarmed easily. Other mission type generally required mobility, the stationary nature of electric shield doesn't fit well. It doesn't make sense for me to stop and cast electric shield when I can just run and gun everything down.

I'm not saying changing this ability will fix anything but rather just pointing out the stupidity of someone think he can just kill everything before they touch the shield.

Actually nothing to do with the team and more on the mission type. For defense mission, you're going to get swarmed easily. Other mission type generally required mobility, the stationary nature of electric shield doesn't fit well. It doesn't make sense for me to stop and cast electric shield when I can just run and gun everything down.

I'm not saying changing this ability will fix anything but rather just pointing out the stupidity of someone think he can just kill everything before they touch the shield.

Actually I didn't think that much, I just think of logic, but your point is very solid

Well if you try to pass an electric fence you don't exactly live

Edited by akira_him

Volt is only really in the state that he is cause volt used to be the nuker, overload stun duration would be fantastic. Shield CC is not really needed since with the heavy damage buff with stacking of shields most things get mowed down before they even get close.