Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

Now that we've know when PA is ending (March 17th), we could potentially take that as a slight hint as to when U16 is coming out. Cause, you know, who doesn't like over analyzing things to satisfy their hopes!

So, here's my poll on when you think U16 will come out. 

I voted March 18-19 because that's the week Nova Prime ends (<-- no logic for that to be the reason behind my choice - but it feels right), and since DE said we won't be getting any updates until U16 comes out, it definitely won't be that long. 

Because I visit the forums regularly. Why are you dodging the question?

you said they flip a switch to allow you play the stuff. that means you have to receive data from them correct? they download something. what your saying dosent make any sense. 

you all do know that when they add files they can choose to turn them on or off while the server is on right?

u16 could in all likelihood be tomorrow and volt prime "magically turned on" on the 16th or so

also further evidence u16 is tomorrow

prime teasers by tradition come out a week before the access

drew said no updates till u16

volt prime is not there quite yet

so likely we will get u16 tomorrow due to neither the 16th or 17th being a wednesday

Edited by GunDownGrace

you all do know that when they add files they can choose to turn them on or off while the server is on right?

u16 could in all likelihood be tomorrow and volt prime "magically turned on" on the 16th or so

volt primes models have not been datamined. aka they are not in the data. they need to be downloaded still. alah update. 

The Prime Access will come at the same time as U16, meaning we're not getting U16 until NEXT WEEK. meaning, no update this week, meaning thats 2 weeks of absolutely nothing to do but exploit flaws in the game.

I hope your right, and is this just an guess or did you have proof?

I'd imagine actually early april. That's a LONG time for no updates, but there's relevant progress clues in dev streams. The level of discussion they've had puts the project at needing a lot done.

They've got some basics in place, but this is a huge undertaking.

Further, the announced hiatus on updates would be silly if they were just skipping one or two--they've had such delays before.

This is kind of a long-haul thing... they *might* pull it out earlier, but it sounded like there's a LOT of grind, and parts of progress were described as being "OMG no!" which either means being backburnered OR pushing the update back a few weeks.

As they're update-central, it's the second option.

you said they flip a switch to allow you play the stuff. that means you have to receive data from them correct? they download something. what your saying dosent make any sense. 

Ever heard of this thing called logic? It allows you to make predictions based on the info you have. I don't need an inside source at DE's to assume an explanation of how Prime Access is launched simultaneously on all platforms. And that's beside the point.

The point is Prime Access does not require an update to launch. If it did, PC would get Prime Access before all other platforms, yet it does not. That is because, as I said above, the files for Prime items are already in the game and all DE need to do is to turn a metaphorical switch to allow players access this content.

volt primes models have not been datamined. aka they are not in the data. they need to be downloaded still. alah update. 

Just because it's not datamined does not mean it's not in the files. This could be explained by the dataminer not being able to manipulate mesh files, or perhaps that particular file is encrypted somehow.

Edited by PhantomRUS9

I voted March 18-19 because that's the week Nova Prime ends (<-- no logic for that to be the reason behind my choice - but it feels right), and since DE said we won't be getting any updates until U16 comes out, it definitely won't be that long.

Well, there is some logic to that. The devs themselves said mid March was the target, and anything past March 18-19 is getting into late March.

Your purpose is to join me.

I'm gonna take your comment the wrong way and run away from you

yes it is. every prime acess always downloads something. thats a least a hotfix. and changes the update number. 

Yes, that true but they change the numbers to signify a major update in the game. Like whole new weapons and warframes and so on.

You can't datamine models, the codes and game engines are different even if you get your hands on the Dev build (probably). They are in the game files as per the redditers. Like I said, they need to change the binary values from "1" to "0" or "YES" to "NO" via an update. You'll download the modified code strings, nothing else.

On Battlefield 4 CTE and Normal patches, players have datamined weapons and maps before they were released and later they turned out to be true.

And if they haven't put in the meshes and models then it means they've just put in the code strings, they'll drop the rest of the content on release date and then change the values( to stop the dataminers from spoiling everything)

LONG STORY SHORT, March 18 or Tomorrow(EST).

Edited by Bawalbaba

Yes, that true but they change the numbers to signify a major update in the game. Like whole new weapons and warframes and so on.

You can't datamine models, the codes and game engines are different even if you get your hands on the Dev build (probably). They are in the game files as per the redditers. Like I said, they need to change the binary values from "1" to "0" or "YES" to "NO" via an update. You'll download the modified code strings, nothing else.

On Battlefield 4 CTE and Normal patches, players have datamined weapons and maps before they were released and later they turned out to be true.

And if they haven't put in the meshes and models then it means they've just put in the code strings, they'll drop the rest of the content on release date and then change the values.

YoU wIlL bE MInE......

And if they haven't put in the meshes and models then it means they've just put in the code strings, they'll drop the rest of the content on release date and then change the values.

both nyx prime models and novas were datamined. 

Ever heard of this thing called logic? It allows you to make predictions based on the info you have. I don't need an inside source at DE's to assume an explanation of how Prime Access is launched simultaneously on all platforms. And that's beside the point.

The point is Prime Access does not require an update to launch. If it did, PC would get Prime Access before all other platforms, yet it does not. That is because, as I said above, the files for Prime items are already in the game and all DE need to do is to turn a metaphorical switch to allow players access this content.

Just because it's not datamined does not mean it's not in the files. This could be explained by the dataminer not being able to manipulate mesh files, or perhaps that particular file is encrypted somehow.

prove to me that consoles don't download anything during a prime access and i will concede to you. otherwise i wont give you the time of day.