The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

They also said there would be no updates or even minor hotfixes until U16 hits. Do you really believe they would leave us without hotfixes for so many weeks?

I think we'll probably just get another tactical alert and perhaps, heaven forbid, something new from Baro Ki'Teer to tide us over. 

Actually, if you rewatch the Tombs of the Sentient trailer, you will notice that it says "Tombs of the Sentient, coming in 2015", not "Tombs of the Sentient, coming in U16".

It has not been stated that the name of U16 is Tombs of the Sentient. The Sentients might not actually be coming in U16 at all.

Guess what, if you look at the calender, U16 is coming out in 2015 too. I shall reiterate, just for you. ' they've never named an update unless its the next one.' There is literally no point in DE teasing us about the Sentients unless theyre planning on giving them to us soon, none, zilch, nada. When Archwing was teased, was it 2 updates away? Nope. When the Liset was teased, was it 2 updates away? Nope. Notice the pattern?

I think we'll probably just get another tactical alert and perhaps, heaven forbid, something new from Baro Ki'Teer to tide us over. 

srsly we are at nearly 5 weeks without any new weapon, with this two more, they would be 7 weeks to do nearly nothing ..

Guess what, if you look at the calender, U16 is coming out in 2015 too. I shall reiterate, just for you. ' they've never named an update unless its the next one.' There is literally no point in DE teasing us about the Sentients unless theyre planning on giving them to us soon, none, zilch, nada. When Archwing was teased, was it 2 updates away? Nope. When the Liset was teased, was it 2 updates away? Nope. Notice the pattern?

They did say Sentients would be arriving soon. However, SoonTM.

I would certainly hope not. Considering the current hype levels, if an update doesn't come soon it will cause a hype overload.

Basically, that means everyone thinks it'll be super awesome because since its not coming out this week, they're clearly working on MORE awesome features. If a hype overload occurs, the disappointment levels that will happen after U16 hits may even exceed what they were after U15.

*Looks at the forums*......That is not totally hype unfortunately.

I personally think that DE should delay the major update by a month so they can rework the dragon frame. Honestly, he's ugly as crap right now, and the majority hates it. I wouldn't mind the delay.

Or, they can remove the dragon frame from the first U16 patch and release the reworked version later on in the patch.

Either way, Chroma has to go. He's way too ugly.

I personally think that DE should delay the major update by a month so they can rework the dragon frame. Honestly, he's ugly as crap right now, and the majority hates it. I wouldn't mind the delay.

Or, they can remove the dragon frame from the first U16 patch and release the reworked version later on in the patch.

A visual redesign is extremely unlikely at this point. It seems that the current design is final. The best you can hope for is a good looking alternate helmet.

Besides, we haven't even seen him in action yet.

The actual update is fine but the frame is not.

The rest of it is A-OK. 

Honestly surprised if we get it before the end of the month. They said mid march, but I highly doubt that will actually happen it just seems like a ton of content in U16 and they still were coding and fine tuning stuff. If they release within the next couple of weeks I can only imagine it including some pretty bad bugs.

Unless the sentients/parkour 2.0 was actually a U17 announcement because we hadn't heard anything about that stuff before tenno live and suddenly it appears out of nowhere.

Currently we have

Raids

Sentients

Parkour 2.0

PVP

Cephalon capture missions

Chroma quest line

New weapons/primes

Revamped void/void key system

J3 Golem (think this won't be next update, but it was mentioned during the stream).

Tile set underwater

Parkour 2.0 seems to be for later. I didn't hear mention of it being in any stage of development aside from thinking about what to do to it. The sentients also seem to be an update 16 event, and not a permanent addition to the game yet and would pave the way for the void key change and having prime access drop with it. or maybe all of that will be 16.5. As well J3 Golem has been in development so long it should be released by now. The rest is confirmed U16. Edited by silkygoodness

Too bad DE doesn't redesign frames or succumb to petty whining about unreleased content. 2/10 troll post.

Edited by immolator1001

I hate the way he looks, but they shouldn't waste time redesigning him when we've got a lot of tile sets that need to come out, more raids, more boss redesigns and we haven't had a good event in a while either.

Too bad DE doesn't redesign frames or succumb to petty whining about unreleased content. 2/10 troll post.

I personally think

I personally think

I person-f*cking-ally think

Learn to bloody read. Hint: "I personally think" means "It's just an opinion."

Edited by HatchetHaro

A visual redesign is extremely unlikely at this point. It seems that the current design is final. The best you can hope for is a good looking alternate helmet.

Besides, we haven't even seen him in action yet.

Except for, you know, having to stare at what looks like a full body suit of trinity's lobster tail design. I'm sorry but the more I look at the frames design the less of a dragon I see and the more of a sea horse comes to mind.

chroma_by_musashimiyamoto1-d8l5c9w.png

Except for, you know, having to stare at what looks like a full body suit of trinity's lobster tail design. I'm sorry but the more I look at the frames design the less of a dragon I see and the more of a sea horse comes to mind.

chroma_by_musashimiyamoto1-d8l5c9w.png

But..but... I like it D:

Learn to bloody read. Hint: "I personally think" means "It's just an opinion."

Ad hominem attack 0/10. Are you even trying?

This thread is actually full of people saying the exact same thing. Your opinion that Chrima is ugly is not unique or special and even so DE still won't listen. The people who have been posting the same complaints for the last 220+ pages stopped adding anything to the discussion after the first page where they said they didn't like the look.

This thread is actually just spam that drowns out anyone talking about anything else about Chroma. We don't need to hear your opinion about the frame when it's been repeated literally hundreds of times. Don't say someone can't read when you couldn't be bothered to look at one of the the other pages in this thread since Tennolive.

Now....

Rebecca asked if the new librarian Cephalon knows anything about Chroma. Do you think that was just a transition or we'll actually have to work with him to get it? I really hope you don't buy his parts with rep and it's just a quest.

Rebecca asked if the new librarian Cephalon knows anything about Chroma. Do you think that was just a transition or we'll actually have to work with him to get it? I really hope you don't buy his parts with rep and it's just a quest.

I hope it's a quest too because a quest typically means some form of new lore - even though that is ALSO Simaris' department... But yeah, I think it was just a transition as well (much like the Vay Hek thing... though I wish they'd used Tyl Regor...)

This thread is actually full of people saying the exact same thing. Your opinion that Chrima is ugly is not unique or special and even so DE still won't listen. The people who have been posting the same complaints for the last 220+ pages stopped adding anything to the discussion after the first page where they said they didn't like the look.

This thread is actually just spam that drowns out anyone talking about anything else about Chroma. We don't need to hear your opinion about the frame when it's been repeated literally hundreds of times. Don't say someone can't read when you couldn't be bothered to look at one of the the other pages in this thread since Tennolive.

Now....

If you think nothing new was added I suggest you go back and read. Making an error just because of ignorance is quite a bad thing to do you know.

Ratings, ad hominem, falsely regarding my posts as "troll" and "attacking": -2/10.

You sound like an arse. Maybe you should sound less like an arse for once. Learn some manners and basic logic.

(Now that's more like 'ad hominem'. Learn your basic fallacies and crap.)

Thirdly, like I said, my personal opinion on how DE should handle Chroma. Not *@##$ing, not whining, not complaining, but merely a suggestion on how to handle Chroma in U16.

Bashing me without knowing what I meant: 0/10.

Edited by HatchetHaro

I hope it's a quest too because a quest typically means some form of new lore - even though that is ALSO Simaris' department... But yeah, I think it was just a transition as well (much like the Vay Hek thing... though I wish they'd used Tyl Regor...)

Especially since Hek has been demoted... Hopefully it's also the intro to sinarios quest all bundled up in one awesome quest but I doubt it.

If you think nothing new was added I suggest you go back and read. Making an error just because of ignorance is quite a bad thing to do you know.

Oh right it evolved from its an anteater to a Sea horse! Yet people still thinks it's adding to the thread by saying it's ugly and posting a different picture of an animal.

That wasn't an ad hominem.

Try again.

Ratings, ad hominem, falsely regarding my posts as "troll" and "attacking": -2/10.

You sound like an arse. Maybe you should sound less like an arse for once. Learn some manners and basic logic.

(Now that's more like 'ad hominem'. Learn your basic fallacies and crap.)

Thirdly, like I said, my personal opinion on how DE should handle Chroma. Not *@##$ing, not whining, not complaining, but merely a suggestion on how to handle Chroma in U16.

Bashing me without knowing what I meant: 0/10.

After 200 pages of people all saying the same "it should be redesigned" it's spam. And suggesting someone is to stupid to read is an ad hominem argument... It's attacking the person personally. As you did again...

Edited by immolator1001

Especially since Hek has been demoted... Hopefully it's also the intro to sinarios quest all bundled up in one awesome quest but I doubt it.

Oh right it evolved from its an anteater to a Sea horse! Yet people still thinks it's adding to the thread by saying it's ugly and posting a different picture of an animal.

After 200 pages of people all saying the same "it should be redesigned" it's spam. And suggesting someone is to stupid to read is an ad hominem argument... It's attacking the person personally. As you did again...

Again, disregarding people's arguments just because you dislike them is quite wrong. I expected a founder to be more mindful of that. Less rude as well.

I have quite the extended argument going on stating exactly why chroma was not properly themed. I went into the shape of the frame, the overall design of the frame, and various other things that I don't care typing out. 

Unless you want this thread to end up the same as the other one I suggest you hold off your unneeded criticism of others opinions on this thread and leave it in the other. You are only adding to the complaint fest except you are on the other side of the issue.