Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

They usually show a trailer just before the update. Chances are it could be this week or next week.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was next week, considering no one likes the new frame coming out... except me.

Edited by Kvzakau

I find it a sort of disgrace that they would put the tag "dragon frame" on Chroma. Okay, he breathed fire in the reveal. Doesn't really make him a dragon. He just looks like the Ancient Infested head of Lephantis, in Warframe form. I won't say I dislike Chroma (especially given we don't know a lot about him), but I think he's just killing the possibility of a truly phenomenal dragon frame.

they said they were aiming for half march. 

I vote for next week. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was next week, considering no one likes the new frame coming out... except me.

I like the frame, except the helmet. it'll be my first priority to get another one when it comes out.

They would have put up a teaser page where something new unlocked every day. They've been doing it on every major update. No web page = no update this week, unless they decide against it this time.

they do, yes. for u15 the site was out on a thursday, the next day it was released. so who knows. it was stated to be released about mid march. so more or less starting this week. hopefully it'll come out soon.

Edited by Rarinredbull

Well this update must be the best one yet or something seeing how U15 came out like October, 24th... that's like 5 months to work on U16 by the time it comes out in a week or 2... I'm expecting it to be pretty chunky at least.

Edited by Z3GR4M

well ppl havinng so much spoken bout chroma but there are only a few who do respect their hard work they did on it i mean if u dont like it alright but some are burning him down totally i doubt u can burn him but figurly spoken then :)

I'm going to insta buy him anyways. Don't know man, I think he's a goofy frame, which I enjoy seeing.

well ppl havinng so much spoken bout chroma but there are only a few who do respect their hard work they did on it i mean if u dont like it alright but some are burning him down totally i doubt u can burn him but figurly spoken then :)

Oh, don't get the impression wrong there : of course there's a lot of work put into making original Warframe designs, especially how alien the Warframes themselves look compared to so many games which, I think, is worth pointing out as a fantastic effort on DE's design team....

... It doesn't mean everyone will like 'every' design though... and this one just comes across as... coarse. This is probably one of the design to date that is the most hit-and-miss for the community.

Other Warframes, you could go "Okay... yeah... it's not my kind of thing but I can work with that" ... with this one, you'll have a very definite "OMG! I want to be inside that one" (innuendo partially intended) and "You'll never see me use that again once I hit 30 with it" split, I feel.

Edited by Wiegraf

I believe it was slated to be end of february-ish, but they had to delay it (because chroma wasnt ready perhaps), now I believe ti would be in their best interests to release U16 with the next prime access, mostly because easier access to platinum + update full of content to buy = Big $$, this will also let them polish off the update and get rid of many bugs etc :s

Nova Prime was 82 days ago. They release a Prime every 90 days (give or take a week).

Grinding that S#&$ out in one week is not really appealing to me at all.

I really hope they release Volt first before the massive mess of a new update.

People pay big bucks = Can't play game for a week cos they broke it with U16.

Nova Prime was 82 days ago. They release a Prime every 90 days (give or take a week).

Grinding that S#&$ out in one week is not really appealing to me at all.

I really hope they release Volt first before the massive mess of a new update.

People pay big bucks = Can't play game for a week cos they broke it with U16.

yes but nova prime acces came late concidered to the other accesses plus in the 2 week holidays they didnt do alot either so its no surprise we are behind but u are right to the 90 days circle but DE broke this before so who knows VOLT PRIME HERE WE COME!

yes but nova prime acces came late concidered to the other accesses plus in the 2 week holidays they didnt do alot either so its no surprise we are behind but u are right to the 90 days circle but DE broke this before so who knows VOLT PRIME HERE WE COME!

We'll know if the official teaser hits wf yt channel in the next 48 hours.

It's always one week from the teaser.

they do, yes. for u15 the site was out on a thursday, the next day it was released. so who knows. it was stated to be released about mid march. so more or less starting this week. hopefully it'll come out soon.

I definitely recall the web page being up for several days before the update.

They won't change it too many assets were uused also the like factor was 50/50 so I doubt it

more like 75/25 but yeah okay. 

but there's really no way to know when the update is coming, it was meant for late february and then moved to mid march and now that we are approaching mid march it looks like it could be late march (lack of updates on a release time) or even early april. we can reason with which weeks seem the most beneficial to release on (anniversary week, new prime access week) but that helps nothing if the update is still not complete as seems to be its trend. 

hopefully we get it soon though, i need to become bffs with the sentients. 

tenno live super hype = update. Notice how the update was much more hyped than last year. Most importantly,they won't leave a third/fourth week without a hotfix

They hyped archwing pretty hard at the first tenno live last August and update 15 didn't land til october.