The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma- (Dragon Frame) Feedback Megathread

-FV-Wsocks

I personally think that Chroma, during the reveal, is in his agile stance, causing him to slouch down and look downward. If you pay close enough attention, you can see what seems to be a face plate. The protrusion is most likely a horn, (that doubles as flamethrower...) much like excaliburs helmet.10698563_10203872008385012_6401942626826 

But in all seriousness, I do believe he has potential as a badass looking warframe if they pull this off right...

Edited by DeadD59

Wait seriously why is no one getting that he's modeled after the sentients. Chroma is one of the strongest war frames in the game. Lore wise.. and possibly literally. Enough about his design. It's original and very creative. I realized after being at tennolive personally and first hand hearing and seeing the reactions that it's art.

Great art inspires and is controversial. 

Realize that those of you who don't like the design are most likely sulking that he hasn't taken up the traditional design of a dragon. Dragons aren't real. They're mythical. They're manifestations of great power that vary in form from many different cultures. Research was done and I greatly admire the final design. 

If you can't at least swallow your pride and at least respect the direction and thought put into it. Then everything negative about him and his looks is hot air. 

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/212245-panzer-dragoon-orta-xbox-screenshot-crashed-in-the-snow-guess.jpg

./rant

Edited by BlutAdler

Looks like it made of the same template as rhino, zephyr... Such a terrible design! How that person have been even hired to DE? What are you doing there, in office? This model can be done in 4-5 hours already skinned to skeleton by one guy. Same as new Sentients kind... It's the shame to art director. I wish him suddenly see this post! How he will look in his colleagues' eyes all over the world by giving green light to T.H.I.S.?

ZH32bfa.png

You guys just not met your deadlines.

Let it be just a nice joke... :) Please?

Way too harsh of criticism for something you clearly don't know anything about. If you think you can do better do it. Or at least prove you know what you're talking about putting down someone who most likely went to school over you do what he does and gets paid for it. 

Aside from the dragon/seahorse/anteater debate, aside from the he looks like twizzlers/jerky debate, and aside from the stupid vest that looks like the monkey from aladin started a clothing line, i have something else to say is lacking in his design.

i was really hoping his energy color would have had more space and prominence in his design. For a frame to be so strongly tied to energy color, you would think he'd show it off a bit more. I saw a few lights on his thighs and thats about it. maybe more lights on him or even an inner light type appearance where the cracks and breaks and deep grooves in his armor give this color off. perhaps "energy vent" type areas on his throat and chest. Unlike most of the other things, this could be kept in consideration for his eventual immortal skin and applied without reworking anything.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

i have one complaint about the way Chroma looks.

the arms feel out of place. they look plain, and have an odd 'flat' shape to them.

the rest of the Warframe has intricate details that will keep your eyes busy. while the Arms are the same thing from start to finish.

that just doesn't seem consistent to me.

and that 'flat' shape is disconcerting. i realize this is a fantasy game. that doesn't change that we're all Human Beings and that we perceive the things around us in comparison to Human Beings because that's what we are.

and compared to Human Beings, those arms... just look weird.

Edited by taiiat

i would have liked this better1X0wW6s.png

The only thing i liked about this one was the alternate helmet. Everything else just screamed rhino 2.0 which is basically what a lot of people wanted for some reason.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I personally think that Chroma, during the reveal, is in his agile stance, causing him to slouch down and look downward. If you pay close enough attention, you can see what seems to be a face plate. The protrusion is most likely a horn, (that doubles as flamethrower...) much like excaliburs helmet.10698563_10203872008385012_6401942626826

But in all seriousness, I do believe he has potential as a badass looking warframe if they pull this off right...

I view it the same way. Looks pretty cool the more i look at it lol.

I honestly think he looked better in the 3 seconds we saw him in animation than the preview image we got. Honestly the preview image is atrocious because the warframe in the middle image(which will be looked at the most) has his head down so the perception of where his face is isn't really recognizable. 

the frame desigh isn't bad but i'd like de to know that alligator=/=dragon 

7SGCxh0.jpg

my paint skills are indeed very poor (and sorry to the guy who made the "screw the haters" img in the first/second page as i just took it from there) but i think anyone can see the similiarities

now  dragons (which as non existing animals could look as well as butterflies) aside the neck feels wrong, the frame should just be leaning forward with a straight neck 

That's exactly what I said, but I didn't have pics.

At first view Chroma looks quite bad, he looks too big for his head, shoulders too wide, arms too big -Rhino & Zephyr look more fitting for their bodies than this dude here- and he does look like something related to infested. His helmet doesn't look like one unless you pay some attention and see the visor, etc; I actually think it looks more like a cocodrile head than a seahorse's one...

He looks like a cocodrile actually (just saw the post above mine because it showed as I was writing and it kinda proves my point here)

Dragons are def not cocodriles but you know what is also called dragon? the dragon of komodo. And that animal is poisonus and alike a cocodrile in some aspects...but that's besides the point that he looks like a cocodrile...anyways...

The more you see him, the more you get to like him a bit more, because it's different from the usual designs, and that's not a bad thing. He gave me a first bad impression, for a new frame, since we are used to our lovely and pretty designs, Mesa and Limbo were definetely somewhat elegant while this dude here looks like some wavage warrior or infested knight.

In conclusion, he looks like a cocodrile, he is not like the others and since he is different he may even have some cool powers we never thought of, I mean, he looks like a strong frame for sure...would be nice some cool alt helmet but that's not related to his default look.

Edited by Eliasdrid

At this point I lost hope of getting a good looking frame.

A fan concept is not good at all, but what we'll be left with is just horrible.

Some kind of Encient reskin? Come on DE, put some effort!

Does anyone else finds it funny that before Chroma, people who didn't like the newer frames aka Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage for their literal designs? Suddenly some of those guys are hating on Chroma's more back-to-the-roots design.  I actually like it, as it's ambiguous and mysterious, just like the  older frames.

Does anyone else finds it funny that before Chroma, people who didn't like the newer frames aka Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage for their literal designs? Suddenly some of those guys are hating on Chroma's more back-to-the-roots design.  I actually like it, as it's ambiguous and mysterious, just like the  older frames.

I know right? I think they wanted another rhino.

I know right? I think they wanted another rhino.

I personally liked the fanart, nothing's wrong with Rhino's look, imo.  Props to the artist, he worked hard on that one, at least it doesn't look silly like freaking Limbo.  I'd love to have more bulky looking grames who would have more tanky abilities.

Other than that, I agree with you. xD

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Chroma isnt ugly, chroma isn't badly designed.

If that was a problem, frames like trinity, zephyr and limbo would have been so much more contested about their disgusting looks.

You are all suffering from the same problem, and its not aesthetics, but the lack of fidelity to the dragon theme, as many ppl all around the world like more and more of medieval fantasy, D&D, LOTR, GOT, etc etc you feel like crhoma should have kept a fidelity too those mainstream looks.

Even though warframe is a more oriental oriented theme game, even though he isnt also eastern style inspired, you are all protesting you didn't get you mythological western looking dragon frame.

So when you protest, call it what it is, instead of stating it is bad design and ugly.

Cause as far as ugly and bad design, many have been in the game for a long time.

Chroma isnt ugly, chroma isn't badly designed.

If that was a problem, frames like trinity, zephyr and limbo would have been so much more contested about their disgusting looks.

You are all suffering from the same problem, and its not aesthetics, but the lack of fidelity to the dragon theme, as many ppl all around the world like more and more of medieval fantasy, D&D, LOTR, GOT, etc etc you feel like crhoma should have kept a fidelity too those mainstream looks.

Even though warframe is a more oriental oriented theme game, even though he isnt also eastern style inspired, you are all protesting you didn't get you mythological western looking dragon frame.

So when you protest, call it what it is, instead of stating it is bad design and ugly.

Cause as far as ugly and bad design, many have been in the game for a long time.

You silly, illiterate, fool. I distinctly said in the OP that it was not badly designed. Actually reading the post would probably help you out a bit. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as I hold my eye here, it says "gosh oh golly look at that ugly beast!" So that's just, like, your opinion, man. 

Rewatch tenno live, not one person, I repeat not a single person clapped or made a sound after the Chroma reveal. Doodoo frame, it sucks. Its crap. Its a cancerous sea horse with bad posture. Kill it with fire or urine or whatever just kill it. We are not complaining because it's not another rhino we are complaining because it looks like crap. After the reveal it was never mentioned again on tenno live, its like even the devs didn't want to deal with it. I thought the dex darka was great. But this Chroma is just bad design . A dragon should be sleek, sexy and inspire awe. This thing only inspires a bowel movement

Edited by (PS4)ravegodzilla