Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Give Up. I Guess I Am Too Old For This Game.

(PSN)Luven68

Question

I have been playing Warframe for about a year and I really liked it.  I was playing earlier and I got captured by something and the next thing I knew I was in a mission without weapons and was told to find them so I could leave.  I failed to finish the mission and was sent back to my base without my favorite warframe and the weapons I had.  when I clicked on the "captured" warframe I was told to go to the mission again to get my items back.

I have tried 5 times and each time I fail.  I am almost 70 years old and don't have the reflexes of a young person so I doubt I will be able to get my items back.

So I guess I will let the younger crowd have the game as I don't really like the fact that I can lose items here, I dont understand why they put that mechanic in the game.

Ah, I believe you may have been captured by the harvester, the mission you were in, called "escape" has to be done to continue playing as usual, the most important thing here is to just run past the enemies, you cannot defeat them with fists / kicks alone, and the screens should be showing waypoints to retrieve your items

I am almost 70 years old and don't have the reflexes of a young person so I doubt I will be able to get my items back.

giphy.gif

You can just run by the enemies, no need to engage in combat with them. Grab your gear and just run.

Edited by Neah

Ah yes the harvester capture mission. I think it was a surprise test of a mission type included when the harvester was first brought out to see if such a thing would be viable/enjoyable for players. While an interesting interlude, it has not been re touched or thought of much since.

If you want to get your frame and weapon back you will need to run the mission. Trying to play through it step by step will get you killed plain and simple, and unarmed warframe is dead warframe sadly.

1. Avoid/dodge/parkour/run around and away from enemies, do not try to fight them.
  2. If I remember correctly the waypoints lead you to your primary, secondary, then melee weapon. So once you get to the first waypoint you should find it much easier to do the mission
  3. Speed is your friend, especially with the recent changes to enemy aim. Wall runs, and sliding will help you avoid getting shot while you cannot defend yourself.

Sadly you must do this mission alone so I cannot help you, but I wish you much luck and will be rooting for you oh elder tenno.

edit: closing list commands is important.

Edited by Drasiel

Shame that more Tenno couldn't be captured on a regular basis and used as the hostages for Rescue missions. Though it would be interesting to implement, Rescue missions would be an absolute blast if the hostage was always an actual person.

I have been playing Warframe for about a year and I really liked it.  I was playing earlier and I got captured by something and the next thing I knew I was in a mission without weapons and was told to find them so I could leave.  I failed to finish the mission and was sent back to my base without my favorite warframe and the weapons I had.  when I clicked on the "captured" warframe I was told to go to the mission again to get my items back.

I have tried 5 times and each time I fail.  I am almost 70 years old and don't have the reflexes of a young person so I doubt I will be able to get my items back.

So I guess I will let the younger crowd have the game as I don't really like the fact that I can lose items here, I dont understand why they put that mechanic in the game.

You have two options that you can use for that mission:

1. Ground slam. Keep knocking over the enemies and use ground finishers to take them out. I'd only really suggest it if your frame is tanky.

2. Run. Just run to the markers, get your weapons, and then it won't be as bad.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, but i'm happy to know there are players of your age, btw when i can't complete a mission or a game i usually ask a friend to try for me, i don't give them my information i just ask them to use my computer, you could try that.

This isn't a common mission in this game.

It's could be annoying if you don't expect it though and I can certainly understand that feeling.

Follow the advice you've gotten so far in regard to avoidance, evasion, and proceeding directly to the waypoints and you should make out ok.

Good Luck.

your 70 yrs old and play games like warframe ? thats absolutely awesome !! 

you are an inspiration to us all

hang in there once u learn the pattern of the npc and the map layouts it wont feel like you need lighting fast reflexes because you will preempt what will happen rather than being reactive to recover from mistakes or bad situations

I've never been captured but i don't think the game should "punish" you like this for not being able to complete this mission. I think this would fit well in the feedback section to help get this changed.

Meanwhile, you should try to do as other people recommended when you try to play this mission, avoid enemies until you recover one of your weapons. Good luck!

Edited by Nachino

Aw man, 70 years old, still play games and you like Warframe ? That's awesome.

Anyway, if you can't fight, then run. Use roll, slide, and may I suggest Leaping ? It's really fast and usually travels quite a distance. Use it to get to your gears, grab them and go. Just keep trying, man. Good luck.

Wow OP, almost 70 and playing action games? I admire you, seriously.

I actually wouldn't mind playing that mission...if only I could get harvester to show up again D:

lol so much this, I commented about the content being locked far behinf RNG almost a year ago...  and still haven't experienced this mission, each time Zanuka spawns its not solo and she gets killed by other players

According to the wiki, your mods should still be in effect during that mission. I'm not sure if this will work, since I've only ever played that mission once (and the Harvester's been on vacation for a while now for me), but try to see if you can add or upgrade your shield and shield recharge mods. They should help greatly in surviving. Break their line of sight if you take too many hits to your shields, so they recharge.

Also:
- Use melee slams to your advantage if you're up against lone enemies or pairs, and use your finisher attacks. Prioritize the moa units first if you're doing this, since they bounce up faster. If they get up, slam them back down. Pulling an aerial kick on them works well too on the proper elevation.

- Don't attempt stealth attacks on moas, because that'll never work.

- If by this time they've added sapping ospreys to this mission, avoid their circles like the plague.