The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

Wow! What! Frost removed? What happened? I was away for just 5 hours... Please, people put me up to date, why DE are removing Frost P and Reaper P and what else are they removing? AND WHYyyyyyyyy????? :O

To get people to burn through their hoarded keys is one of my guesses.

Said it elsewhere and I'll say it here:

I'm pretty sure this is because DE wants to look to re-work the void drop tables, specifically with what they mentioned in Tennolive about bringing existing void rewards out from the void (not removing the Void, but rather making the rewards obtainable from non-void type missions).

I think this is going to tie into the whole talk about using void keys "on normal missions" to get special void rewards, or to alter how the normal mission functions (possibly a "Void Invasion" mission type like we've seen in certain events and quests) where upon completion you get a void reward.

But what does essentially getting rid of Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime parts have to do with that? These items going into the Prime Vault means they won't be in circulation, they won't be available, unless this Prime Vault won't be like the regular Vault. This wouldn't be an issue if the regular Vault were regularly "opened". But it is very rarely opened, and not even periodically opened. That's why you're seeing an [over]reaction to this. Because when it comes to DE saying that something can be re-released, in practice things are rarely, if ever, re-released.

Ether daggers almost 1.5 years later

Still better than never, and even then, considering there was talk at Tennolive regarding bringing void rewards out of the void and to normal missions on the starmap, it's not hard to connect the dots, even though a lot of players seem to be struggling with it.

But what does essentially getting rid of Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime parts have to do with that? These items going into the Prime Vault means they won't be in circulation, they won't be available, unless this Prime Vault won't be like the regular Vault. This wouldn't be an issue if the regular Vault were regularly "opened". But it is very rarely opened, and not even periodically opened. That's why you're seeing an [over]reaction to this. Because when it comes to DE saying that something can be re-released, in practice things are rarely, if ever, re-released.

Which is why I'm saying it's important for people to regard what was said at Tennolive before overreacting (there is no need to put "over" in brackets, people are overreacting, plain and simple). Based on what was said, I think it's a safe bet that this is only a temporary thing until DE figures out how to implement void rewards elsewhere.

So Everyone just hated the idea that frost prime (<3) will be out of the Void and maybe the "game"

DE, we hate when you guys just don't talk with us but our loved DEMegan Gave us a Light 

6wwOV33.jpg

so the "it can open it's doors at any time" represents the frost prime on special missions? like orokin vaults but bigger ?

just wondering but , raids for the prime vaults? frost prime ? with random opening times? *O* i just loved my idea OuO

Prime Raids would be awesome :D .

It'll likely be the new prime acquisition system (removing the void, scattering primes across the starchart).

Its a very hasty, and poorly thought out decision. 3 full prime items will be inaccessible for an undisclosed amount of time. This will ruin the prime economy within the trading, and has, from what I've seen, just angered the player base more.

We need information on these things, and DE is failing badly at providing it.

so the "it can open it's doors at any time" represents the frost prime on special missions? like orokin vaults but bigger ?

just wondering but , raids for the prime vaults? frost prime ? with random opening times? *O* i just loved my idea OuO

Just like the DE vault it can open at any time but when was the last time DE decided to open the vault?

Unlike everyone else I believe this is a temporary solution to make room for Volt prime, he's supposed to be released this week after all. My guess is that Frost prime Reaper prime and Latron prime will be re-released when the void is destroyed.

so people please calm down.

Sincerely a bored Tenno.

Note: If this belongs elsewhere please move it sorry for the inconvenience.

going into the Vault generally means it's not going to show back up anytime soon, in practice.

Volt will be released in 2 WEEKS, not this week. Nova Prime stops next week, so volt is likely the week after.

Yes, they will be making room for Volt prime, but I'd rather have the table diluted for now until the ACTUAL new system is made, instead of this stupid kneejerk, hasty decision to remove 3 full, highly used+powerful items from the void entirely

Nova stops today at 2pm so in about 47 minutes.

The excal prime and frost prime situation are... quite different.

also, the "vault" it's talking about is likely a similar vault to things like the boar, machete, etc. There won't be raids for the vault. they'll just "open" it at some random point, and if you log in while it's open, you'll get the parts straight to your inventory. Like.... they did with the other vault. That, or they'll just end up scattering his parts across the star chart at some point.

Edited by Soup2504

Since those are the oldest primes, and the removal coincides with the estimated release of a new prime access, I assume that this is a temporary solution to prevent the Void tables from overflowing.

DE has already stated that they want to rework / destroy the void, but this will probably take more time.

Volt will be released in 2 WEEKS, not this week. Nova Prime stops next week, so volt is likely the week after.

Yes, they will be making room for Volt prime, but I'd rather have the table diluted for now until the ACTUAL new system is made, instead of this stupid kneejerk, hasty decision to remove 3 full, highly used+powerful items from the void entirely

"Nova Prime Access Packs end March 17":

https://warframe.com/news/last-chance-prime-exclusives-4

Unless you have info that I haven't seen today is her last day.

Ether Daggers were no priority because VERY LITTLE PLAYERS CARED.

Looking at the outroar right now, I'm perfectly calm about the situation.

Because A:

At this degree of outroar, DE always somewhat complied.

B:

Because this is stupid and DE knows it, THAT'S WHY THEY AREN'T GONNA REMOVE IT FOR LONG.

Still better than never, and even then, considering there was talk at Tennolive regarding bringing void rewards out of the void and to normal missions on the starmap, it's not hard to connect the dots, even though a lot of players seem to be struggling with it.

Didn't Steve explain that as being key-locked as usual, with the difference just being the tileset and enemies?

So from the sounds of it that frost and the two weapons will be available but only from the prime vault. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like how DE has planned.

In order to access the vault will that mean we will have to go through a special event or be limited to the top tier clans?