Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

Can't help but think that DE calling this the "year of quality" was a HUGE lie.  Not only did it take much much longer for U16 to arrive than past updates, but it had no where near enough content to justify that wait.  It is missing much of the content that was expected to be part of it.  Not only that but the attempt to "balance" the game is just resulting in excessive nerfs.  They told us they wanted to reduce the gring, but they made it harder to farm cores, and now they reduce the credits from various missions.  DE really seems to be phoning it in lately, not sure whats up with them, I used to feel that I could trust them to do a good job, but I can't bring myself to think that anymore. 

Raids should have been put off to U17, they are obviously not ready yet.  Focus and the new enemies, boss revisions and new tile set should have all been part of U16.  Not to mention the continued lack of archwing mission types and content.  

Year of quality needs to be taken seriously.  It really feels like DE isn't putting as much effort into development as they used to. 

+1 this is the comment that needs to be seen by DE. If these changes are permanent I will consider leaving this game, and moving on. I'm glad i have not spent any money here yet. Warframe is taking a path that many Tenno do not wish to take. I will not follow this path.

Wow so  Excalibur was only good because of his Ulti..???? Soome people seem to know only the 4 in their keyboard....

It's hard to think otherwise when his 4 was his best. Radial blind was still okay, but slash dash and super jump aren't too useful, but super jump + Radial Blind is really good. If they had it so using super jump + javelin had a similar effect to what it was before the nerf, then it would still be a good ability, just not as good.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

2 phenomenal new game modes that provide a genuine challenge.  Much needed balancing on the most complained about gun & skill.  Proper scanning sidegame.

mirage takes too long to cast, even with natural talent. my point being excal can still be usefull. and I think not many of us brought excal to T3-4 def anyway, even without the nerf  :) I was talking about T1-2 exp farms, where excal can still be used rather well. 

People are frustrated with Excaliburs changes, because he was a lot better, like before his blind, blinded everything in radius, after this, they put los on it, but they made radial javelin like the blind before. But now he has two of his best abilities with los (radial still works all around him, but radial javelin ou boy, only affects enemies that are actually on your screen), and that is what people are frustrated at.

And I did take him to high lvl missions before when he had his superior blind, that was op ...

Edited by gvidzix

Alright, look. If you're going to take away something you've given to us and taken away just to give to us then take away yet again, at LEAST make it friggin' viable. It's still only useful against certain mobs in certain situations.

I really don't think it's okay to yo-yo back and forth like this. Radial Javelin was fine despite its poor damage mid- to late- game, and that was only because it didn't require a LoS requirement that barely functions right to begin with and hasn't since it's been a thing. Can you PLEASE stop screwing around with Mr. Posterboy for crying out loud? You take one step forward and two steps back with these constant changes.

>

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

>

This is the same old song and stealth nerf dance from DE. Sorry for the confusion and not telling anyone, we always meant it to be this way. Well I'm sorry, but that is total BS, almost to the point of being comical.

Thank you so much with those immediate PVP changes; and that excalibur nerf, was need it, was a shame to always see people spamming and spamming and sitting just there...what the new generation of warframe players brought upon us :/

Year of Quality? Yeah, no. Let's see what you've done this year:

- Increased amount of grind to farm cores.

- Nerfed a frame that was already pretty limited to begin with and then gave us this 'apology' which reeks of utter bull. With all due respect, that is pretty odd, considering Radial Javelin's been non LOS for the past, I don't know, eight months? The hell are you implying, it was a bug for eight freaking months?

- Nerfed void credit rewards. Unnecessary.

- Removed Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime. I don't even know why you guys did this, there had to have been better alternatives if your goal was to un-dilute the drop tables. I highly doubt that was the goal anyways, it was probably something even more ridiculous.

Off of the top of my head. There's probably more stuff, but eh.

Year of Quality? Yeah, no. I'm moving on.

For what reason does one even rep farm anymore?

I don't know, I don't actually rep farm. I'm just here to state the obvious fact that if DE thinks nerfing Excalibur will solve the problem, there are at least 10 other frames out there with AOE ultimates. If Excal gets LOS, ALL frames should get LOS.

Hate to say it.

But Paris Prime still seems to one-hit kill everything in PvP. Everyone is still slide attack rushing like crazy. Mag is near useless since all her abilities take too long to execute. Rhino still has an unfair advantage because he can use an augment mod from the go which allows him to do AOE attacks with minimal delay and hitreg seems to be wonky.

I attacked someone at point blank range with a gram but it didn't even scratch him, so he retilated with a single shot of the Paris Prime and insta-killed me.

Also Ordis and the Sanctuary Cephalon are still repeating the quest dialoge that tells you to craft Chroma components, after every single mission. Even if you have it allready in the work.

So it seems there is still some fixing to do.

for all those that said its a good thing that excal got hit. the same people will move to another frame i am pretty sure your favorite is next.

For now i will keep a eye to the dev next move if they fk up (wich i unfortunatly know they will) they will lose one of their paid maker.

Second :D damn.

Nice fixes, but there is still no fix for not being able to hack with controllers. Well, I only tested it for grineer hacks, but it doesn't work with a XBOX Controller anymore.

Also, there is still no fix for helios scanning everything (even if the codex entry is already finished) after you had to revive.

And there is a little bug with the icons of collected items (from the floor). If you found a colour piece (mutalist red for me), some icons in this match are showing their own icon and the colour icon in front of it (I would post a screenshot, but i don't know how) 

same problem also 64 bit mode still not launching.

Edited by Nightwing-009

2 phenomenal new game modes that provide a genuine challenge.  Much needed balancing on the most complained about gun & skill.  Proper scanning sidegame.

I am not complaining about the PvP, though I am not a huge fan of PvP in general, the new capture the cephalon is pretty fun.  It could use some minor balance tweaks, buts its good.  I am not saying that adding raids was a bad thing, but I am saying they are far from ready and should have been delayed.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I have two words for what is happening here... are you ready?... no?... here it goes: PERFECT WORLD. Since they signed that contract, they doomed their own game. The first symptom was the random Void Key Pack, very very akin to these "chest" things PW likes to do.

So many people crying over Excal "nerf".

To be honest I'm all for reducing the amount of 4 spam in the game. It's horrible game design.

Right. So, to reduce the amount of 4 spam, DE has to target 1 frame, as if only 1 underpowered frame is the problem. /sarcasm

Nothing about nerfing Nova, or Rhino, or Loki, or Limbo, or Valkyr, or Saryn, or any other frame for that matter.

I was going to write a long post about reworking frames instead of half baked nerfs. But we've been doing that for awhile and seen little results so w/e do what you want DE it's your game. Grats.

Should also be interesting seeing if/how they respond to (I'm guessing) 90% of the community disagreeing with a change that seems like they're lying to use about. If it was intended why did you revert this EXACT change a few updates ago ?

Edited by Batwing

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

OK im so angry right now.That dasnt matter to them(DE).I could tell them how much wrong they are and all that stuff...but i wont waste my time.What i can say,bcz of this kinda thing i started to hate this game.I dont you dare DE to give me warning for saying my opinion.

PS. Even tho Excalibur died long ago bcz of LoS on his radial blind he still can not RIP.

I hope one day you will be revived my most favorite Excabro.

at least my x-forma gun requires some aim. and if u want to stand in one place and kill the whole map, I'm sure u will find another frame for that. have fun raping that #4.

Phage, quanta,  thunderbolt Attica, Boar Prime, Drakgoon, Glaxion, Ignis, Kohm, Opticor, Penta,  Torid, Synapse, Amprex, Angstrum, Castana's, etc.

Some aim = point in vague direction and things die?  Ok then, I'll just take my high explosive, massive spread, AOE status effect guns and go shoot in the general direction of things instead of, oh I don't know?  Using the powers that SELL this games combat!  If I wanted to play random-shooter 5000 IN SPACE EDITION.  I'd go play that.  I continue playing this game because the powers are varied, unique and are fun to use.  His Radial Javelin is no longer fun to use, it get's me killed trying to kill things with it, even when I'm not spamming it and using it tactically = bad design choice.  Simple as that.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie