Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.1.1

DE_Adam

Thanks for the update... Also, the rest of my post is~... interesting...

^ ... Yep, still stands and will stay like that. Its working as they intended and envisioned.... Just wish the game was 1000x harder than what they envisioned it to be. The game was a lot harder in U8 than it is now, please fix it already.

^ ... Fitting reply, I couldn't have said it any better... Actually, I could. Perhaps, he should've tried NOT using AND abusing his abilities...

^ ... Change to another frame... Also, I would've made the Ability Strength dependant on the amount of energy one has... Maybe then there would be a lot less spamming... Then again, I'm not on DE's payroll nor I am even remotely into their stuff so I'm pretty sure my suggestion isn't going to stick... Well, its going to stick as much as the "buff excalibur" thing...

^ Pfft... See what I mean...?

^ Why would they, when they already said that he's now -exactly- as they envisioned and intended him to be?

^ They care, when they actually see the community's reason is decent and true.

^ Waste of sarcasm. Let him leave. lol

-------------- x ------------

.... Seriously, I see so many requesting an Excalibur buff but I say it doesn't need to. Its exactly as I thought he should be and its working perfectly right now. I had more problems with Excalibur when it was buffed. Maybe its time to discover a new way to use him...

... However, if you want to stop everyone from ranting up like this, DE, maybe you should stop inventing with Warframe abilities (YES, I'm looking at you, Mesa Ult... YES, I'm looking at you too, Trinity stupid link... YES, I'm also looking at you, Bladestorm... And many others I don't want to mention for now...) and all those 'tweaks' to fit with what the community desires. You envision something, and apply what you envisioned as best as possible, you don't change it for what the community -think- they work...

... enough ranting, thanks again for the update.

You're reasonings extremely flawed and you act equally pompous. I wasn't sure if you could see that or not but it's there do with it what you wish.

Envisioned my !. They changed for example Excalibur's powers at least five times. They were not bothered the last four times, and now, suddenly they remember they vision? Especially interesting, as the original Excalibur was totally different. So for two years and for four, five changes were not enough to realise their vision? Sure... the problem is, they obviously had no vision (see Silverton's comment).

Exactly. It's not so much what DE did or didn't nerf but the way they went about it. They have had ample oppertunity to communicate to the player community and implement changes according to their vision, if this was truly the case (I have no confidence this is true). Instead, we get the same knee-jerk, stealth nerf reaction as seen with Viver which is both unprofessional and unacceptable. I have plenty of time and money invested in WFand I have no regrets on either as I have enjoyed playing the whole 2300 and some odd hours I've played. However, I feel it is very unfair for the players who invest both time and money into the game to be at the mercy of a developer or developers who want to break out the nerf sledgehammer on a whim because they got their panties in a wad over certain game play scenarios, statistics or player actions.

i am not sure its a bug but i dont get syndicate exp while using the RIGHT SIGIL after missions, making impossible to advance in ranks

I've actually had that problem e.g. I'm wearing New Loka and I wont get New Loka rep but I'd get others and go negative with others etc

I agree. But I would like to point out that rep farming still goes on. It worked after U16 adn it works even better after 16.1. So I have no idea WHY the devs are fooling around with Excalibur. Now, the best thing Excalibur can do is still farming and low level stuff. High level stuff though became even more difficult. There absolutely no logic behind the changes.

Even if they would have stopped rep farming with Excalibur, there several other frames which could take over Excalibur's place.

So why exactly are these changes better for the game? Or if they think wanted this, than, I am sorry to say, but not very bright.

Excalibur is more of a noob frame meant to be easy to use by newbies, the other two are a little more advanced but Excalibur seems to have been designed as training wheels so although i love excal i don't really use him because of the fact that he isn't meant for high lvl missions(at least that's what iv'e been seeing)

honestly i think the issue with excal should be dropped, but, i can see why it would a problem for people who only have excal as their frame.

Excalibur is more of a noob frame meant to be easy to use by newbies, the other two are a little more advanced but Excalibur seems to have been designed as training wheels so although i love excal i don't really use him because of the fact that he isn't meant for high lvl missions(at least that's what iv'e been seeing)

Excal was perfectly viable for high level, until they choose to nerf Radial Blind.

did that stupid thing with the pvp sigil get fixed?

It keeps removing itself when u play pve and you have to replace your normal sigil after manually applying the pvp one. They don't load properly when you swap loadouts.

I haven't read all the way through.. but why not appearance C and add sigil.. >.> for your 'conclave' frame.

Excal was perfectly viable for high level, until they choose to nerf Radial Blind.

that was pretty much all he was good for though :/ just radial blind. what excal needs is a change to slash dash and an increase in armor(his abilities are close range so extra armor would do him some good)

honestly i think the issue with excal should be dropped, but, i can see why it would a problem for people who only have excal as their frame.

We have had 4 starter frames. I will not talk about Volt for I don't like him so much. So we have Mag/Excalibur/loki. Mag and Loki both have gimmicks that they can either solo high level stuff or work very well in a team. Loki have invisibility and radial disarm, which is an amazing set up. Mag has a shield bomb, restore, good cc, and an amazing one. Excalibur has none of that though. Since the nerf of his radial blind he has had only his ultimate to be useful in mid tier content. His slash dash was always horrible and his super jump doesn't do anything really useful. Putting LOS on his radial blind was interesting, but doesn't really work on some maps. With the changes to his ultimate though he doesn't even have the one thing that made him useful.

It doesn't do what DE says it does. It'll miss half the room full of enemies and most importantly the ones behind you. The enemies are aware of you in every damn mission in the game that isn't stealth. How many times have you walked into a room only to be KDed by a heavy that just entered. Even in stealth missions though your ultimate will not work, because the enemies aren't aware of you. Hell enemy tracking doesn't even work.