Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait.. What Valkyr ? Why :/

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I subscribe the Valkyr theory of her prime variant being somewhat different.

Now for the speculation.

The name is suggestive. Valkyr/Valkyrie. The chooser warframe. We all know where this is going and you've seen the chooser fanart. It's superb and fits very well with what we presently know.

Valkyr was changed by AladV's experiments on her, but that doesn't mean Valkyr Prime's powers have to be radical different; just different in details. Ripline can become harpoon, with a summoned void spear. Warcry can remain as is (pretty straightforward stuff, but with different emotes/audio). Paralysis can either remain the same or made a knockdown with a spear ferule slam or sweep. Hysteria can be replaced with...hmm...this one is more problematic, but a berserker-style attack springs to mind using summoned weapons instead of claws. Just changes in the details.

Anyway, that's just one way to go about integrating a prime version of Valkyr into the game.

Alad had access to many frames, many of which he chopped up. Valk could have just had the natural aggressive tendances he was looking for to bring under his control. Why build something new when you can just shock collar a pre-existing war machine to do your bidding.

I don't think Valkyr changed much physically with her torture, other than peeled away frame layers to get to delicious nerves. Mostly mentally.

I think Alads idea was Subdue Valk. Make her easy to transport. Drop her cage near the target, let her demolish everything in a frothing rage. Then re-subdue and re-package.

Making her powers not caused by corpus. And their meddling with the armor to control her probably made her power focus weaker. So a Prime Valkyr being just as reckless and destructive makes all the sense.

Edited by Firetempest

I think Hysteria - and even Warcry - being fueled by her hate and rage and, most of all, pain is the ultimate outcome of that. I think her original form had those same abilities but they were fueled by another emotion/state of mind.

Either a sense of noble duty (if Valkyr Prime is given the "honorable warrior" route)

Or just sheer, frivolic JOY at seeing enemies meet her in battle and be slaughtered by her (if Valkyr Prime is given the "blood knight" route)

NO. Please don't do something like this DE. This is a total cop-out.

Valkyr was abused and that is what made her into what she is. To identify who she MIGHT have been prior to Salad V messing with her lets look at the name first: Valkyr

This name is a reference to the Norse Valkyries that would pick which warriors are taken to the afterlife. Often times they were seen as royalty and lovers of Norse heroes. If they were to make a prime Valkyr they should use these as roots.

I would have her look more like the royalty of the Tenno. Then for abilities:

Rip Line might now become something that allows her to create a link with allies splitting the damage between that ally and herself. Using on an enemy can can pull them to her  or something of the sort.

Warcry I would make more of a buff to players and debuff to enemies, removing shields of all enemies around her and reducing armor for armored enemies and then giving that to the players around her regenerating their shields and increasing armor.

Her Paralysis should be switched entirely and instead be given an ability to "soothe" her enemies making them passive for the duration of the skill. Also if she uses it again, her enemies will fight for her.

Finally for Hysteria, I'd have it Valkyr enter a kind of goddess state where all downed allies are instantly revived. Also she is given a giant lance and she uses that do damage enemies. WHile in the goddess state she takes regular damage but can heal with normal hits. Also when she aims she can throw her lance causing an AOE wherever the lance strikes. Trade off for the lance throw is that the closer to death she is the more damage the lance throw does.

This is something just off the top of my head, but its a better idea than the same Valkyr with a different look.

Gesh everyone is now starting to say this why, has anyone read up on her lore or just assuming before doing so? Valkyre has been "modified" by the Corpus to god knows what degree and we never really got a peek at what she looked like before they ever got to her. As for her Primed Version this is something the Corpus "have not" touched and thus would look like any other frame out their exepect for possibly changing how her 4th ability appears when she is in that mode.

....honestly Corpus creating a Warframe....are we going to say another year from now Alad V created Mesa to?

Gesh everyone is now starting to say this why, has anyone read up on her lore or just assuming before doing so? Valkyre has been "modified" by the Corpus to god knows what degree and we never really got a peek at what she looked like before they ever got to her. As for her Primed Version this is something the Corpus "have not" touched and thus would look like any other frame out their exepect for possibly changing how her 4th ability appears when she is in that mode.

....honestly Corpus creating a Warframe....are we going to say another year from now Alad V created Mesa to?

the "lore" that is written states that she was created , but people who have done the event told me that it is incorrect and only written like that for fancy wording. the other thread was started by a guy who doesnt know to much. 

and here you go : https://www.warframe.com/game/warframes/valkyr 

read the lines.

It may say shes was created but its not true.

Basically they bolted big corpus squares to her arms, legs, and head.

The experiment was so brutal they couldn't be bothered to blend it into the model in any meaningful way

That darn wacky alad v breaking 4th wall with his terrible designs.

Breaking the fourth wall? What you mean?

Breaking the fourth wall? What you mean?

"the fourth wall" is a terrible english name for how when actors are in a movie or a play,they act as if the audience doesnt even exist,to maintain immersion as it were

to "break the fourth wall" refers to for no discernible reason,the cast and crew,in the middle or near the end of something,decide to interact with the audience,thus so called ruining the immersion into the fantasy

"the fourth wall" is a terrible english name for how when actors are in a movie or a play,they act as if the audience doesnt even exist,to maintain immersion as it were

to "break the fourth wall" refers to for no discernible reason,the cast and crew,in the middle or near the end of something,decide to interact with the audience,thus so called ruining the immersion into the fantasy

No, no, no, I KNOW what the Fourth Wall is, I know what breaking it is, Deadpool's my favorite Marvel character for it!

I'm asking why he's saying Alad V's broken the fourth wall.

No, no, no, I KNOW what the Fourth Wall is, I know what breaking it is, Deadpool's my favorite Marvel character for it!

I'm asking why he's saying Alad V's broken the fourth wall.

he is implying a complete non sequiter

that somehow,the ingame experiments in the lore on the original valkyr were so brutal,that it caused the devs in the irl to not even bother trying to mesh the big blocky corpus things into valky properly,hence "lazy sculpter" syndrome

and of course this non sequiter by implication says alad the v is somehow messing with the dev's minds,despite the obvious seperation between ingame and irl

im fairly certain that this was intended to be a joke due to the obvious implausibility of it

Edited by GunDownGrace

that somehow,the ingame experiments in the lore on the original valkyr were so brutal,that it caused the devs in the irl to not even bother trying to mesh the big blocky corpus things into valky properly,hence "lazy sculpter" syndrome

and of course this non sequiter by implication says alad the v is somehow messing with the dev's minds,despite the obvious seperation between ingame and irl

Ooooooooooh.

That is pretty damn brutal XD

im fairly certain that this was intended to be a joke due to the obvious implausibility of it

Nice one.

Allso I do not understand the continued resistance to Valkyr. Its not like Lotus takes out the bolts and "Primes" the warframe with her mojo.

The Primes are found in connection to the Orokin and the Void.

Edited by arch111

A common misconception i keep seeing is valkyr not being active or having existed during the old war.

"Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments, leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing."

Lore wise, the armour probably does have a prime variant, but no one knows what she originally looked like before her capture and modification.

That said the lore has always been quite vague and confusing

Edited by Aeacus

Unless someone from DE says a frame can't have a prime variant all frames can have a prime version.

Lore wise there isn't enough their to tell us enough about valkyr.  I could see the potential of her prime frame being completely different.

But I feel like if she had different powers they might as well call her a different frame.  I don't think any of the testing done to her changed her abilities.

At most (imo) they simply influenced her current feelings and physical appearence to a degree.  Look at it this way.  The torturing obviously changed her in a way.  She's the only frame to make noise really.