The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime?

Spindle99

too "angelic" looks like a character from some cheap run of the mill asian mmorpg.

valkyries ARE angels of norse mythology, angels of the battlefield. so its actually quite fitting, this is a very good reprisentaion of what she might look like pre-alad v.

ive actually spoke directly with steve about this. she will be primed. it'll just be the pre-alad v version of her.

Edited by Vanhline

Getting a Valkyr Prime would be awkward, the whole hysteria/Berserker skill set was a result of Alad Vs dissection. Not saying that DE would never do a Valkyr Prime but it would be awkward.

The abilities would work the same way but the appearance and names would be different.

Think about it.

Looking to her powers, only the first one seems a bit off- the others have that angry "i´m gonna mess you up"scream, the way valkyr´s entry portrays her. This is only an thought of mine, but i picture valkyr prime to have the "energy strings" theme, not really an puppeteer, but more like an ripline-variants-frame. I wont be posting ideas for her powers, but just try to remember that scene from the prototype game, whit alex mercer´s flesh strings pulling everything around it =D

So.... even greater armor rating than her 600 will be her prime buff?

Holy pasta, sounds delicious.

Other primes have had their armor boosted. I'd fully expect Valkyr Prime and Chroma Prime both to see armor buffs, since their kit is centered around them.

Dont forget to link to the source where you find stuff if it isnt your art. The artists deserve to be credited.

Found.  I can has cookie!? Though this surfaces every now and then.  There seem to be tidal forces on the forum. 

You've done your job, Tenno. It's time to come home.

Inspiration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie

Spear & Pose:

DZLuNDJ.pngsmGmSqf.png

Reference/Inspiration:

Evangelion_EUROII_Heurtebize.png

eiZBxIO.jpg

Extras:

Toon & Poses *10/7/14*

Non-toon

OMVwO7S.jpg

Toon

9a1AmmH.jpg52wAA2x.jpgyiXQdld.jpg

Earth Background

SuvxiGi.jpg

"flowering lotus"-like pose

wHsxRpv.jpg

Different Pose+angle, no DOF

VEd6yHA.jpg

No Background, no DOF

3I2V8Ts.jpg

Non-posed Valkyr

twRSqG2.png?1

Wings

LgQFfUM.png?1

Topic

Maybe she had those abilities before she was captured, Alad v though torture enhance her powers.

Not unreasonable for her to have had a full power set like that beforehand.  "Battle rage" was a popular concept among the north Europeans at one point, almost considered religious, even. 

For that matter the corpus bits on her might have been replacements for something else. 

Each frame has it's own identity, it's own role. So as Valkyr is our only berserker she should definately keep with the berserker theme without changing her abilities, just like every other frame.

For appearance I think we should steer slightly away from the sleek tenno design. In many contexts people refer to berserkers as; drinking the blood of the enemy from their skulls, and wearing pelts or armour of defeated beasts/humans to grant them strength. Chroma already has the the pelt thing going on (it doesn't seem to help much) but what if Valkyr wore bits and pieces of sentiants? Having a sentiant face on one or both shoulders, wearing bits and pieces either down her back or across the waist.

Edited by Postal_pat

Well i guess DE have 2 options for Valk prime: Either keep her abilities the same and just add some bling-bling and say f@#$ you lore. Or they decide to give us a kinda "pre" valkyr primed (Does it make sense? xd) and change her abilities warcry and hysteria to something else, maybe just tweak them a little bit and change the animations.

Also, if only DE could give us some more lore about her...

I see her as Excaliburs partner.

The sentients were obviously weak against bladed melee-attacks and had good defence against energy-weapons and ranged attacks.

That was why Excalibur was the first.

Lets make a Cell when the Tenno were deployed in the alien starsystem. Lets assume they wanted to build around Excalibur. He is warframes posterboy after all.

1. MAG

We know she was there and among the first to go in.

Sheild polarise, crush, bullet attractor.

2. EXCALIBUR

Again we know he was the first one. Radial javelin, super jump.

3. LOKI

Disarming, stealthkill, Decoi.

4. VALKYR

Warcry, Ripline, Hystria.

Seems a good team. Hence I think Valkyrs design should be similar to the others.

Edited by arch111

My prediction, next female frame is going to be one of the older ones. The female frame after that will be one of the newer ones. I'm also hoping for Broberon or Booben for next male.

Edit: Also I feel like Valkyr Prime won't be for a while due to what someone quoted from DEsteve earlier on in the thread about having to have her Prime version different from regular frame.

Edited by Avenwing

Probably but she still came out before Banshee, Trinity and Saryn Prime. Which is what the person I quoted was saying that those frames will be primed before Valkyr. Nova Prime proved that any frame can be primed and that the only "order" for them is male, male, female, female repeat, not that order of release affects them. 

If DE wanted, they could make Valkyr the next female frame to be Primed.

If DE wanted they can even relese her next :P

cause screw order :P

Edited by Elenortirie

Order of initial release is out the window, but that doesn't bother me.

Well i guess DE have 2 options for Valk prime: Either keep her abilities the same and just add some bling-bling and say f@#$ you lore. Or they decide to give us a kinda "pre" valkyr primed

We do need more lore (or i'm out of the loop), I'd see it as;

- current Valkyr = some warframe tormented into Valkyr

- prime precurrent = new prime warframe

- prime current Valkyr = Orokin infuse and enhance what we have now (so Orokin-ise Corpus changes)

- Vandal current Valkyr = Tenno infuse and enhance what we have now (seems more lore-logical to me)

To me seems best to either Vandal or Prime the current Valkyr, so her current flavour is retained.  Personally i think it'd be nifty for her to be the first Vandal frame.

Order of initial release is out the window, but that doesn't bother me.

We do need more lore (or i'm out of the loop), I'd see it as;

- current Valkyr = some warframe tormented into Valkyr

- prime precurrent = new prime warframe

- prime current Valkyr = Orokin infuse and enhance what we have now (so Orokin-ise Corpus changes)

- Vandal current Valkyr = Tenno infuse and enhance what we have now (seems more lore-logical to me)

To me seems best to either Vandal or Prime the current Valkyr, so her current flavour is retained.  Personally i think it'd be nifty for her to be the first Vandal frame.

I think it would be cooler to have the prime be her original abilities. Also I hope they don't do any vandal frames until they finish every other frames prime variant.

So.... even greater armor rating than her 600 will be her prime buff?

Holy pasta, sounds delicious.

I'm talkin' physical design here, not so much stats. It's a prime so it's armor would DEFINITELY be higher by default, but I was talking about her looking like she was wearing a suit of armor, rather than looking like she's been skinned and has her muscles showing like she does now.

I'm talkin' physical design here, not so much stats. It's a prime so it's armor would DEFINITELY be higher by default, but I was talking about her looking like she was wearing a suit of armor, rather than looking like she's been skinned and has her muscles showing like she does now.

I know what you meant, but Valkyr has so much armor even though she was striped of it makes me think how much higher it was supposed to he with the full set.