Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beter Visibility On Reactor, Catalyst And Forma

Zodokhan

hi everyone,

I wanted to whisper a little suggestion regarding reactors/catalysts and formas. Is it possible to add small icons on mouseover to show the number of reactors/catalysts and formas on Warframe/weapon in warframes/weapons selection menu ?

So i can see with a quick look who needs to be handled.

give me your opinion Tenno !

2 suggestions here

MFDM4zD.jpg

Edited by Zodokhan

I personally am not too much of a fan of it. In particular, I think having the extra icons kind of clutters things. Although, if they did implement it, I can live with it.

I get that having the item symbols (Catalyst/Forma) is more clear, but I'd prefer to see something as simple as stars (like Forma have) and a circle (to symbolize Catalysts/Reactors). Having simpler and relatively non-descript symbols would mesh a bit better with the clean, geometric, and low-color count of the diegetic UI.

The only problem with simple symbols is that it's not expressly clear what they mean at first sight. However, Forma are still represented with stars, so reusing those stars wouldn't be so problematic. Establishing a Catalyst/Reactor as a circle or something is a different story.

Also, as a side note, unless you're building multiple copies of the same Frame, I feel like the user should at least know whether or not their item has a Catalyst/Reactor on it. Forma is another matter, but really, Forma count on a weapon only has significance inside the mod upgrade screen (and to tell others of the "status" of your weapon), so it doesn't seem like a super important feature. But hey, it seems like some people are liking it, so why not?

That's my take on it at least.

Edited by Otenko

I would streamline this idea.

Big white + (plus) would mean upgraded capacity (catalyst, reactor) while big white star would mean forma count.

@Abelguerra update

5+ formas could collapse into [number][star]

Would fit with overall scheme.

Edited by Mofixil

I personally am not too much of a fan of it. In particular, I think having the extra icons kind of clutters things. Although, if they did implement it, I can live with it.

I get that having the item symbols (Catalyst/Forma) is more clear, but I'd prefer to see something as simple as stars (like Forma have) and a circle (to symbolize Catalysts/Reactors). Having simpler and relatively non-descript symbols would mesh a bit better with the clean, geometric, and low-color count of the diegetic UI.

That's my take on it at least.

i like your idea a lot, star symbol for forma with number next to it and a + for reactors/catalyst 

Edited by (PS4)abelguerra

the reactor icon i could do with but there are some people who forma their stuff a LOT (i've seen a 100 forma carrier)

If thats the case that people forma stuff that much, the forma icon needs to be the same star icon seen when you click the 'upgrade' button in your arsenal to save visual space.

Some people put 20+ formas in weapons :| it would cover whole screen

Gotta get dem forma stars mmaaaaan.

In that case its obviously and anomaly so you could have a max of 8 on screen and then just put a little + at the end to indicate the rest.