The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Carrier Bug Megathread [Investigating]

ACorpse

Do a directional melee attack straight up. Works for me at least, it's worth a try.

I have jumped. I have meleed. If I myself could kill carrier with my own hands I would do it, cause that seems to fix the problem. But no, meleeing up doesn't fix this particular issue.

Yeah, this bug has been around for a while now, and it seems like it still hasn't gotten any attention at all from DE. I haven't used Carrier at all for weeks because it would happen every game.

As far as I can tell, it happens when Carrier tries to pull in more energy orbs than you have room for. The excess energy orbs are left floating around you unable to be collected, but Carrier keeps running Vacuum the whole time and never lets those energy orbs or anything else collected by Vacuum after that be collected by the player. Notice how your screenshots have energy orbs floating above you, and you aren't at max energy. You probably hit 2 and 3 right before taking the first screenshot so you lost some, and regained some before taking the second through energy siphon, but when the issue started you were most likely brought to max energy by Carrier pulling in too many orbs at once.

I need to test it to know for sure, but I think it should be easy enough to test: Kill enemies and find energy orbs at a leisurely pace until max energy. Then kill some more so multiple energy orbs drop in a small area. Then use any ability that won't move those energy orbs or spend more energy than you would get from those orbs (e.g. Use Fireball, but don't use Greedy Pull). You should have Carrier pull in energy with Vacuum, but now be stuck with energy orbs floating overhead, along with anything else you pick up after that.

Unfortunately, the air melee work around has not once worked for me, so I've just been using a Kubrow or Deth Cube for now.

It seems that entering cut scenes causes the items to go away, such as the lephantis scenes. Going beyond that, this glitch has cost me from getting mods. Fought corrupted Vor in those screens I posted, he dropped some items, I didn't get them because Carrier had vacuumed them and wasn't letting me collect the mods. It wouldn't let me collect anything. *Sigh.*

If it just kept me from picking up energy orbs, I'd be fine. But it keeps me from getting credits, ammo, MODS, RESOURCES!!!! That's a pain.

I have had this issue recently as well. Carrier sucking up ammo that keeps following me around like *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* ad infinitum.

Try.. suicide.. fall into hole, rolling jumping, slide attack

yep killed myself (carrier didnt respawn), it allows you to get a few of the mods but they dont just fall on the ground, i had to backtrack to find them... still missed alot. jumping in a hole (fade to black) does nothing. backflips with my melee out, nothing. so maybe if i do some wall runs :P bad bug is bad.

Upon further testing this happens with all ammo, they kohm specifically will not pick up ammo and other special ammo will have difficulty picking it up. also changes to warframe set ups and gun set ups are being reset. and during the derelict survival mission the 3rd party person gets stuck in the walls.

Edited by Bludwulf

Just another topic to add to the list while we wait for this to finally get a fix, or at least some response so that we know they are aware the problem exists. In the meantime, I haven't used Carrier since it started becoming a near constant occurrence.

What I think the problem is:

As far as I can tell, it happens when Carrier tries to pull in more energy orbs or maybe health orbs to top you off, but pulls in more orbs than you have room for. The excess orbs are left floating around you unable to be collected, but Carrier keeps running Vacuum the whole time and never lets those orbs or anything else collected by Vacuum after that be collected by the player.

Using air melee, typically straight up, has been a successful work-around for some people, however it never seems to work for me.

terrible host lead to that so-called "bug" as far as I can tell from experience.

i dont think so, sometimes ennemies are teleporting with some host but it still work, on the video you can see that i have a decent connexion to the host , i dont think this is related

but nevermind the reason, the carrier is bugged since the beginning , DE need to review it before upload a prime version of it..

Edited by cob_metallica