Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

I just tried swapping weapons, and mods, and even the ones from my frame, but no, it feels meh, slow slashes, max damage i dealt was around 1200, and it was just a lucky hit, the rest just 230, and the energy drain is really fast, i was seriously, very serious, expecting an ultimate like the one from valkyr's histeria

I get the feeling Excal will come to his prime after stamina is removed, so we can parry and be a lot more durable,

I'd like a small amount of life steal when the ult is active, 

Also can the throw mods, such as Whirlwind to increase the wave's travel speed? 

Other than that like Excal right now, A small damage buff would be nice.

Edited by Censium

Slash dash- good improvement

Radial blind- good improvement

Super jump removal- wise decision

it became redundant because of the air melee attacks.

Radial javaline- still makes no sense

The old-old RJ, all javalines spawned from 1 point, and most javalines would get caught in object from the map, the number of enemies hit was low.

The new radial javaline was remaked so that it would hit enemies, instead of missiong them.

Then LoS was introduced in this power also, which makes no sense, because now it is just works like the old-old RJ used too.

(He became too much OP for draco exploit farming, and overly spammable, still, the rework and re-rework makes no sense on how it ended, it was literally reverted to what it once was)

------

Exalted blade- (my true sincere opinion) utterly disappointing and bad

The new ultimate is just a glorified melee mode, all warframe have melee mode, but there is no justification for excalibur's 4th ability to be another melee mode, and the extra effects do not justify this new ability, specially since it is meant to be a ultimate.

The energy waves it casts, could at least act like oberon's Smite (1st ability), they could have a chance to multiply, and bounce when they hit an enemy or the map, to create more chaos and hits, so this ability could atleast look like an ultimate.

This ability could buff his armor even more, or it could make him run faster, anithing to justify it being an ultimate.

I cant stop thinking why exalted blade was developed/considered a ultimate, even more when I compare it with other frames ultimate's:

If we are in a defense wave 40, and all hell is loose:

Rhino will stun-lock and damage the enemies 

Frost will freeze and damage the enemies

Ember will stun/burn and damage several enemies at rondom

Valkyr will also enter in a glorified melee mode, but at least she is 100% invulnerable

Volt will stun and electrocute all enemies around him

etc etc etc

But poor excalibur will have to suicide rush into the enemies, holding a blade that does some energy waves and haves a blind effect, he will be shot down like a dog.

I know this ultimate is now permanent, and will never be changed, even though it might get buffed someday, but it will be forever just a glorified melee mode.

Edited by THE_grimmy

the way i see it, is how i can use the #4 ultimate practically. and not being able to slide attack my enemy far away with his ulti is disappointing and just encourages me to just use my regular nikana, yes it can shoot out a beam, but its a fluctus projectile, not a hit-scan, thus i don't rely on it and just consider it as an extra, so it would be nice to have that extra with you AND being able to slide attack my enemies like i do with my regular weapons. putting that radial blind passively on slide attack is much disliked, if you can somehow put it for another key OR 'channel/not channeling' or maybe jump attack, that wouldn't interfere with my regular melee gameplay!

edit: ok so radial blinding passively was a good idea.. ok, but we do have manual radial blind anyway, we wouldn't be tooo disappointed if we were to loose that radial blind and INSTEAD get a 360 degree getsuga tenshou beam slicing all enemies around you for 80% of slide damage. and 50% less range of original beam!!!!!!

also, it was better when we had the choice if we wanted finishers to be prompted depending if we had radiant finish augment on, as you can see, there are already threads complaining about not being able to slide attack and cleave several enemies at once, this strongly discourages a potentially good melee frame from being played melee!

also please change the sound of that energy sound, it sounds like i'm throwing frying pans... the nikana so far sounds better, either put those sounds or change to a better one...

is it so bad to ask for his ultimate to not become the worse version of the regular melee? it should be an improvement of it, not just damage wise, in everything!

Edited by SomeCrackHead

Hi ! 

I think Exalted blade's damage are so low, after 15 mins on Appolodorus, Grineers lvl 8 it's need two waves to kill a mob.

I hope an important buff for his ultimate, 250 damage are really low !! :(

However I find that the blindness of the ulti is not the best choices, why not to put a wave of stun like Wyrm crowd dispersion? It would leave an interest in blind radial nerve and would allow a little of stun in for example a 10 meter stun (like syndicate weapons).

And why not the waves don't ignore armor ? :)

PS : I think slash dash only kill rush on two mobs.. ?

I apologize for my english, just want to help ;)

If you want it to do more damage, put in power strength mods, simple as that.  And if the waves ignored armor, that would be immensely overpowered near end-game content.

Hey guys have you seen the video from the play warframe channel on youtube?

According to the video the health shields and energy pool were also buffed not just his armor, is this true?

so original video shows 100 health 100 shields 65 armor and 100 energy

The new video shows 300 health 300 shields 225 armor and 150 energy

I hope youre joking, those are simply his stats at max rank.

Hey guys have you seen the video from the play warframe channel on youtube?

According to the video the health shields and energy pool were also buffed not just his armor, is this true?

so original video shows 100 health 100 shields 65 armor and 100 energy

The new video shows 300 health 300 shields 225 armor and 150 energy

Those are just his stats at max rank. Unless they stealth-changed armor scaling a few hours ago, though, his armor should be 225 right from level 1.

Edited by SortaRandom

It looks pretty damm good. I really love the feel of killing stuff with waves of energy and cutting enemies in half.

the problem is the damage.. waves don't seem to be affected by mods (might be a bug) which means their damage will go down really fast. And even then the sword doesn't do that much. Yeah radial blind can make up for that but come on.. there are a lot of melees that can do the same using radial blind. 

All I'm asking for is a buff to the damage so his sword would be "special" and better than simple melees like Dakra prime or Scindo prime. 

Also would be nice to know what type of damage are the waves doing, they seem to be REALLY weak against armor.

What do you guys think? Is he alright?

If you want it to do more damage, put in power strength mods, simple as that.  And if the waves ignored armor, that would be immensely overpowered near end-game content.

Even if the waves were armor ignore they are still absolute crap for damage. The waves won't even break 1k damage no matter the setup so it's a moot point. That combined with the forced finishers constantly that get you killed under most circumstances(coming from a late game perspective, nothing else matters) the Excal rework is in a severely perilous position as far as the majority of the community is concerned(that's not even accounting for the lack of coptering due to the forced blind).

Even if the waves were armor ignore they are still absolute crap for damage. The waves won't even break 1k damage no matter the setup so it's a moot point. That combined with the forced finishers constantly that get you killed under most circumstances(coming from a late game perspective, nothing else matters) the Excal rework is in a severely perilous position as far as the majority of the community is concerned(that's not even accounting for the lack of coptering due to the forced blind).

Er, what is your setup? Me and another clan mate can do like 50k from the wave when we use it with the radial blind, and I have problem as of how to actually activating the finisher it's annoying.

edit: nvm, it seems like my blade dmg, not wave

Edited by VCD00IVI

So I compared it and Excal Prime has a Different sword then Regular Excal. This is a cool idea... but while Normal Excal has a unique sword that's full energy, Excal Prime just gets a reskinned Skana prime with a solid grip handle rather then full energy... why is this? I'd honeslty much rather non Prime's full unique sword then a bulky sword.... I mean even if you want to cheap out on it atleast give it another line or two of energy streams to atleast half cover this up. The bulkier sword makes less energy appear, just add a few more lines of that to it and it'd atleast look nice

Buff the damage? The energy waves maybe...but I been doing over 30k hits with this new 4th ability. Ofc you must have a good weapon with dmg, crit and speed to get the most out of it. Max Damage and Efficiency build enables the full use of all skills still though. The pros outweigh the cons in this case. My personal experience.

pISDtNX.jpg

Does this mean we'll get more stances for his ult?

P2MOCDM.jpg

Is it me or something changed with his back (looks like it's gonna break) position while doing Radial Blind (was using Exalted Blade).

Edited by Zaniux

In end games mobs have a lot of health, but due to armor damage are more and more low, it makes no sense..

If (maybe only the waves) ignore armor, in HL this can be more difficult then low level because mobs need more damage due to their higher lufe, but you, you dont deal less damages :)

PS : I have Exca prime with 4/5 forma, full strenght (244%) because i'll put the Arcane Pendragon Helemet :)

But Thank DE for this amazing rework !

Slash Dash and RB are fantastic

RJ is still RJ wich i don't really like but the enemies actully notice me when i shoot in their face so when i roll out of their firing sight i can hit them with it

Exalted Blade (a missed opportunity for the name caliburn) is a melee stance that shoot wave and thats about it.

Now at least i can continue to shoot the enemies while i am flashing them so just for that its a succes in my book