Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Hi ! 

I think Exalted blade's damage are so low, after 15 mins on Appolodorus, Grineers lvl 8 it's need two waves to kill a mob.

I hope an important buff for his ultimate, 250 damage are really low !! :(

However I find that the blindness of the ulti is not the best choices, why not to put a wave of stun like Wyrm crowd dispersion? It would leave an interest in blind radial nerve and would allow a little of stun in for example a 10 meter stun (like syndicate weapons).

And why not the waves don't ignore armor ? :)

PS : I think slash dash only kill rush on two mobs.. ?

I apologize for my english, just want to help ;)

Why does this matter? What we're asking for won't take anything away from the game. We're not getting anal over nothing. We're asking for a small change to allow us to do a normal attack or a finisher attack depending on the situation. 

Just use the waves or shoot them is not a solution.

If you'd read my first post you'd know that I agreed with OP's idea, what I don't agree with is exaggerated complaint he's parading around as a fact.

The projectiles don't benefit from stealth multipliers, and we should damn well not be forced to rely on energy-draining waves to kill groups of blind enemies with a sword.

The difference is that when you're using a gun, you can choose to mow down hordes of enemies or do a slower, more calculated headshot to bring down that one priority target. That's just not possible with melee and blind enemies anymore.

Before this update, I could easily sweep out 10+ level 60 Bombard Eximus units in a matter of seconds with Orthos Prime. Now it's easily triple the amount of time if I work my way around the Finisher activation range, and (bare minimum) 10x the amount of time to actually use the Finishers.

This is not okay. This update was supposed to buff Excal, especially for melee gameplay.

To start, Selective Targeting, the same idea that makes you have to line up your shots to kill that one powerful enemy now applies to your melee weapon.  It is very much possible to play this way, don't excuse your lack of effort to adept by saying it's impossible.

I'll repeat myself, I agree with the idea of having a way to choose when to use Finishers.

It seems channeling damage mods do not affect the projectile from Exalted Blade. Could this be changed so it does? Glaive's explosion, when used with Power Throw at least, is affected by channeling.

It's a special thing with Glaive-type weapons, yet it's affected by said mod, so I think the special aspect of Exalted Blade (its projectile) should be too.

If you are coptering for mobility, you shouldnt be ulting.

so basically i'm rolling the old excalibur skills/ability because his new ulti is just for casual players and i was hyped for nothing? great..i guess the only change i'm benefitting from is his armor buff. we'll see how slash dash works out, atm i can see the animation when you target an enemy is slowed down drastically.

OR why don't we have radial blind just on channel? that way casuals can have their uber dmg beams + radial blinds, and i can still play the way i want and channel if i ever wanted free blinds. WHAT IF WE DONT WANT THE BLINDS IN EXCHANGE FOR COPTERING DE ?

Edited by SomeCrackHead

Is it me or does it deal VERY little damage? Even with the latest hotfix and max power strength it's...well, surprisingly bad. :(

not really, you just need a good amount of power strength and melee mods, I can deal about 700 points of damage with my power excal build, which is nearly 3x the damage

I personally think the adding finishers without the augment for blind slows down and locks the frame to one enemy at a time, also the finishers occasionally keep spamming the blind animation over and over until the duration is up.

I saw some pretty big numbers when I was playing him just a minute ago. saw over 4000 non crit damage with it at some points.... and I only have intensify on. so like. don't know what could be wrong. do you have a fully modded melee weapon equipped? because it's affected by your melee mods.

How does the energy wave work exactly? I think its still bugged because i can oneshot level 40 frontier butcher eximuses by meleeing them with Exalted Blade but the energy wave only does around 63 damage on them when i tested it on them. The energy wave is also boosted by combo damage but does not add to the combo counter. Is this how its supposed to be?

So with all the work done and the addition of the new skin for Exaliber, why hasn't the Pendragon helmet been fixed yet?  I'm sure DE is aware that the dangle-parts on the back are still out of proportion to the original Pendragon Helm dangles.  Thought this would have been a simple fix with this re-release.  

*confused*

so basically i'm rolling the old excalibur skills/ability because his new ulti is just for casual players and i was hyped for nothing? great..i guess the only change i'm benefitting from is his armor buff. we'll see how slash dash works out, atm i can see the animation when you target an enemy is slowed down drastically.

OR why don't we have radial blind just on channel? that way casuals can have their uber dmg beams + radial blinds, and i can still play the way i want and channel if i ever wanted free blinds. WHAT IF WE DONT WANT THE BLINDS IN EXCHANGE FOR COPTERING DE ?

Your name just might be more fitting than I thought.

Just turn off your ult while you are moving. It takes like less than a second to go into and out of it.

Your name just might be more fitting than I thought.

Just turn off your ult while you are moving. It takes like less than a second to go into and out of it.

so you're saying you are one of them who votes for not having coptering for both channeling and not channeling. why do you have to ruin our gameplay, its not all about you, atleast i set an option so that both players can enjoy their style. you simply don't care if i would use the ultimate or not, so you just throw out texts that says just don't use it. what a good argument.

and fyi i don't use slide attack /coptering, just for moving around map, i actually use it mid combat unlike most people, and i don't see it benefitting my melee playstyle if my slide attacks have been restricted from killing my enemies properly

Edited by SomeCrackHead