Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

May someone explain how slash dash works now? I have used it and about 92% of the time I miss half the people I try to kill and am surrounded because of that. Luckily it seems it targets heavies so I can then use a finisher on them, so at least theres that.

Yeah I don't know either. Before I could easily hit 10+ enemies so long as they lined up. Now, I don't even get to choose the enemy that I want to hit or the direction I want to go, and even if they are all in a line I only hit around 2 of them. Feels like a major nerf to me.

Edit: Just tried again. Seems like the whole auto-target thing only happens when you are really close to an enemy. Still can't slash through, though. 

Edited by Infinitez72

Yeah I don't know either. Before I could easily hit 10+ enemies so long as they lined up. Now, I don't even get to choose the enemy that I want to hit or the direction I want to go, and even if they are all in a line I only hit around 2 of them. Feels like a major nerf to me.

Yeah I loved the previous Slash Dash. That and radial blind were the only reasons why I used excalibro. Even after the 'buff" his 4th didn't feel right.

May someone explain how slash dash works now? I have used it and about 92% of the time I miss half the people I try to kill and am surrounded because of that. Luckily it seems it targets heavies so I can then use a finisher on them, so at least theres that.

Enemies in a cone in front of you are affected. Press 1, and you'll basically dash from one to another (no need for additional presses). Target limit seems to be 5 or so.

It picks a certain number of targets and attacks only those targets.

Because it only pick specific targets you need to now be closer to the enemies to be able to pick out more enemies.

i agree with this. a long time ago i discussed an excalibur rework while people hated on me here and said that i didnt know how to play him properly.

months go by and boom. excal rework. but what i had thought about for slash dash was simply to buff its damage...in short i'm on top of the world that he got a rework and other cools things as well.

but I main excalibur and a long time ago, after clearing the star chart, you tend to understand how to move in order to "line enemies up" when we had the old slash dash. then you just pressed 1 and mowed down all of them in a line.

now it doesnt feel the same at all. it feels clunky, unsatisfying and slow.

look at 0:15-0:17. that's what i thought the new slash dash was gonna be.

instead it feels like you're on a bicycle rolling through a park on a sunny day.

The rework is fine all but it needs a few tweeks:

-Slash Dash needs to make Excalibur invincible while dashing from one enemy to another, because otherwise they'll just kill you if you hadn't blinded them previously.

-For the love of all that is holy and expensive give us a damn separate finisher prompt already !!!!!!!!!!! Nobody wants to see the same goddamn finisher animations 15 million times ! If we are gonna use a melee frame let us melee not just do a fancy finisher every time something blinded pops up.

-Radial Javelin is beyond useless now. Suggestion: Remove Awareness/LoS whatever it has, remove target cap, reduce damage to 500 make it finisher damage with bleed procs, make the damage not scale with power strength. (I suppose it's the next ability to be binned, am I right ?)

-Make Radial Blind's casting animation be affected by Natural Talent (it's just too slow).

-We need a passive that makes Excalibur's Charged Jumps work like old Super Jump (this is because we need someway to gain LoS on enemies while being safe, 225/250 armor means nothing in this game.)

-Make Exalted Blade's waves deal half the damage of Exalted Blade (the waves are just lame).

We gained stupidly OP energy sword ultimate and lost seamless mobility from 1 and 3.  1's distance traveled now scales on power range, which forces us to reduce power strength to travel long distances with it.  Vertical travel is now quite disorienting and we can no longer tweak different stats to alter how high we travel vertically (formerly power strength with Super Jump) and horizontally (power duration with Slash Dash.)  My entire playstyle with Excalibur was removed with this update.  This new warframe we got is pretty fun (and overpowered as hell, good job again DE!) but it's not my beloved Excal.

Outside of mobility concerns, RJ is still a broken, boring ability.  I'll take SJ over it any day, without a single doubt.  

Edit: Looks like Exalted Blade isn't so great and Radiant Finish is where the real cheese is.  Slash Dash does pretty heavy damage from what I've seen, hitting level 20ish Elite Lancers for around 4k damage.  Not sure how the equipped melee weapon affects damage yet.

Edited by RealPandemonium

i think with all the focus going to SD and EB, they forgot to do something with RJ like they said they were gonna. i could personally go for, at the minimum, knockdown and 100% chance for a bleed proc on enemies who survive RJ. that way there is some utility to it. couple it with blind and enemies won't be able to move while they bleed

i think with all the focus going to SD and EB, they forgot to do something with RJ like they said they were gonna. i could personally go for, at the minimum, knockdown and 100% chance for a bleed proc on enemies who survive RJ. that way there is some utility to it. couple it with blind and enemies won't be able to move while they bleed

Ok the knockdown was okay...but 100 percent bleed proc...good god, Ash would pass out.

Super jump got removed because parkour 2.0 is introducing more mobility mechanics making it even more redundant than it already is. Al complaining about losing strength to gain range when you've just complained about the ulti being OP seems like an odd choice.

Exalted Blade

Please decrease power efficiency for Exalted Blade. When I first tested it out with only streamline and only 40 energy. I was able to stay in the ultimate for more than 4 minutes. That is not how it should be and we all know it needs to be fixed.

Now with Primed/Flow and Streamline + Fleeting Expertise, you can stay for an infinite amount of time unless an enemy drains your energy. And also please increase damage of sword beams. 500-700 isn't exactly satisfying numbers for an ultimate with Intensify and maxed Transient Fortitude.

The only thing viable for Excalibur's 4 is when in close range which gives us big numbers mainly due to to it being melee based. 

Edit - error in title corrected: Those Finishers in Radial Blind is So Dreadfully bad

Am I the only one who just hates finisher unless performing stealth kills?

What's the point of using a finisher after Radial Blind?

It's single target. Low DPS. Greatly interferes with the flow of battle. It literally serves no purpose.

Unless you maybe have equipped Radiant Finish augment.

Edited by Acidulant

Idk if this is posted earlier, but Equal Laceration combo gets nigh impossible to do when multiple beserker are stacked. It's easier on lower attack rate, but when the attack rate is up there, I cannot for the life of me do that combo. Is it me or other people have it too?

Exalted Blade

Please decrease power efficiency for Exalted Blade. When I first tested it out with only streamline and only 40 energy. I was able to stay in the ultimate for more than 4 minutes. That is not how it should be and we all know it needs to be fixed.

Now with Primed/Flow and Streamline + Fleeting Expertise, you can stay for an infinite amount of time unless an enemy drains your energy. And also please increase damage of sword beams. 500-700 isn't exactly satisfying numbers for an ultimate with Intensify and maxed Transient Fortitude.

The only thing viable for Excalibur's 4 is when in close range which gives us big numbers mainly due to to it being melee based.

You've got to remember that Excalibur is going to be played by alot of newbies who won't have streamline. It has to be balanced so that they can get some use out of it before running out of energy.