Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Slash Dash feels a bit redundant because of coptering. Why waste energy when there's better, for free?

Radial Blind feels lackluster. It is very much inferior to a Loki's invisibility/Decoy or an Ash' Smoke Screen. The range is way too short, the finishers slow you down way too much, and enemies still target you and your teammates a lot just by hearing you walk! Radial blind needs to go back to a complete sensory neutralizer, like a real life flashbang grenade, which not only targets vision, but also hearing and balance.

Radial Javelin suffers from the "no scaling for you dear players" syndrom. Devs, you have to give us scaling for damage based abilities. You just do, plain and simple. Otherwise, many frames will forever remain less than useless compared to a few others past mid-level missions.

E.Blade desperately needs survivability, with something like innate life steal/regeneration, because giving Excalibur token paper armor (225/250 IS still paper armor, especially if you go melee) just doesn't cut it (mwhahahah bad puns). Time to make our armor relevant. Not just for a frame or two, but for all frames. Especially with the current scaling, and if you want melee to ever be viable.

All that being said, Excalibur feels a lot better now than he did before I can assure you that. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Marthrym

Slash dash's target selection is wonky.

Equipping stretch and dashing into a group of bunched up corpus lets me do 3 enemies in a chain at best.

Sometimes slash dash will neither knock down or damage enemies. Melee auto target turned on or off makes no difference.

Please improve its targeting.

Also Excalibur's block is not blocking heavy units' knockdown.

Please let him block knockdowns and blast procs but be pushed back. Getting floored in high-levels means death and is very frustrating for a melee playstyle.

Edited by Evanescent

I've tested EB with the latest hotfix.

In my case, bright purity works perfectly, i even get the side effect from the mod. 

Damage now scales (i dont think i have some bugs, although i may have not noticed some mod or another not working)

It is indeed a killing machine (as it should be). It is overall great and fun to play, reliable and solid. But.

It does trully need some type of passive regeneration (my opinion is that only when he is using exalted blade though) As someone stated before, health regen while not attacking, bigger health regen when parying. Shield regen while attacking. It would give him a great boost in survivability and lets be honest, he needs it.

I'm overall pretty happy with EB, but, if i still have to channel in order to use channeling mods, what does it makes it different from, say, my d.nikana? The fact that it consumes energy? In my opinion, as we are already channeling energy in order to maintain the blade, we could pretty much take advantage of all channeling mods withouth the left click channeling, cuz we are already passively doing that. Its just my opinion, i may be pretty much wrong.

radial blind is good, especially if combined with radial finish which in my opinion is now a mandatory mod in my build (still waiting for syndicate mod slot, that would be so darn awesome), but finishers take too long.

My opinion is to make finishers chain one with the other whenever we are near a group of enemies blinded. Like fastly passing from one and other and killing them fast. Or fasten animations.

Radial javelin is still "broken" since it doesnt always hit all enemies even if they're aware of you and i think, as it uses the same energy sword that we draw, radial javelin could also scale from melee mods.

These are my recent thoughts on Excal right now. 

It feels good, no, it feels great. Wonderful, fantastic. I love the work and love/attention you've put in excal. He just need some tweaks. 

In my case, bright purity works perfectly, i even get the side effect from the mod. 

Damage now scales (i dont think i have some bugs, although i may have not noticed some mod or another not working)

It is indeed a killing machine (as it should be). It is overall great and fun to play, reliable and solid. But.

It does trully need some type of passive regeneration (my opinion is that only when he is using exalted blade though) As someone stated before, health regen while not attacking, bigger health regen when parying. Shield regen while attacking. It would give him a great boost in survivability and lets be honest, he needs it.

I'm overall pretty happy with EB, but, if i still have to channel in order to use channeling mods, what does it makes it different from, say, my d.nikana? The fact that it consumes energy? In my opinion, as we are already channeling energy in order to maintain the blade, we could pretty much take advantage of all channeling mods withouth the left click channeling, cuz we are already passively doing that. Its just my opinion, i may be pretty much wrong.

radial blind is good, especially if combined with radial finish which in my opinion is now a mandatory mod in my build (still waiting for syndicate mod slot, that would be so darn awesome), but finishers take too long.

My opinion is to make finishers chain one with the other whenever we are near a group of enemies blinded. Like fastly passing from one and other and killing them fast. Or fasten animations.

Radial javelin is still "broken" since it doesnt always hit all enemies even if they're aware of you and i think, as it uses the same energy sword that we draw, radial javelin could also scale from melee mods.

It feels good, no, it feels great. Wonderful, fantastic. I love the work and love/attention you've put in excal. He just need some tweaks.

^ what this person said!!!

EB energy waves need to also give combo points

Make all attacks either scale with melee or strength or both - gotta be straight about its workings

My full strength build has done nothing compared to amping up with melee damage

This inconsistency should be amended IMO and let Excal do some crazier damage with both EB and EB waves

When I started coptering with exalted blade last night after the hotfix every time i coptered whilst exalted blade was on i would rise from the copter to do a radial blind which was kind of weird so i just spent most of the time using excalibur without coptering and only sliding

+1. i hope they give our slide attacks atleast

While I guess EB shouldn't receive Syndicate augment mods AoE effect (though it'd be nice seeing how it's a melee weapon we're technically using) it SHOULD receive the 100% damage increase the mods give your melee weapon. Otherwise it makes the EB you're using considerably weaker. Apparently this isn't the case at the moment.

Excal have always been my favorite frame...Now I love him even more

I notice that when we slide while using exalted blade a small radial blind happen

I am requesting (because it would be cool and fun)

* When ground slam a mini Radial javelin happen

* When air-dash/air melee attack a Mini slash dash happen

This would make his energy sword a a lot more nice and fun to use.

So using excalted blade with tipedo which had only speed and range mods. Resulted in a very fast combo damage rise. Against a level 50 corrupted bombarder I broke 2.5x in 10sec.

I decided to have fun with this. 20 corrupted healers at level 95 I broke 3x just under 15 sec.

Top combo:

SKRSoQ9.jpg

Bug found (reported too):- 

recent hotfix applied augment melee mods affecting the ultmate but i found a bug where i was in a game , host left and i lost the augment proc.

Bug report ID :- 373252

Edited by Visoroth

Sometimes Ex.Blade's FX will flicker.  And I don't mean a good flicker.  It will disappear/reappear really really really fast..maybe like 1 millisecond.

Pseudo Tip:  Could just be me but if you see 4 enemies lined up. 1 2 3 4.  If you aim at the 4th enemy, you'll hit all 4.  

I don't know if I'm imagining this but I hope this is true to some degree.  Even though if you aim at 1 should hit 1 2 3 4.  But sometimes if I aim beyond 1 I'll just hit 1-4 and whatever enemy in the AOE. 

After looking through this thread for "speed" this hasn't been suggested "properly" so far.

The speed of Exalted Wave should depend on your attack and/or movement speed. Current situation looks a bit useless with Volt on your team. After casting Speed you can outrunwalk your own waves. Exalted Waves dynamic speed will increase the usefulness of Berserker and Speed, at least.

To be fair it seemed like Excal was gonna be packaged with the next big update which apparantley is going to be removing coptoring.

That would be my guess too.

I think so. Stealth crits.

Makes sense. Pretty sweet. 

I think RJ should contain the health regen. Let Excalibur go into a defensive posture while swords swirl around him and reflect damage. All the while he is regenerating health. Once you hit 3 again the swords shoot out.

That is actually a great idea. That would incorporated his 3 into the whole rotation of abilities, increasing the synergy and diversifying the playstyle. 

EB still needs life steal tho, so that #3 is more of a "OH S#&$" button. Also, it should disable your ability to attack, so that you trade damage reflect + healing for the ability to directly attack (number 3 I mean).

Edited by tisdfogg

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a paid exclusive warframe being better than a base model. Talking specifically about excal prime having more armor.

All the new Prime Warframes are buffed compared to their normal counterpart. The fact it's Founder exclusive doesn't make an excuse to not buff it. By the way, I hope that Frost and Frost Prime will get the same "love" with his rework ; granting the Prime a buff to be on-par with the other Primes. There is a bit too much discrimation (thus inconsistency) between old/new Primes in that regard : old = no buff ; new = big, sometimes insane, buffs.

Back to Excalibur : could we get some more info on the effects of the melee mods on Slash Dash and Exalted Blade ? Some mods affect them, others don't. It's a bit hard not to get lost. But the way it works is awesome in my opinion, allowing more survivability in endgame.

So, is it intentional that waves auto-crit enemies that are under the effects of Blind? Anyone else experiencing this?

think of it as something that needs another color. it's a stealth multiplier. 400% damage ones are colored yellow. crits are also colored yellow. this needs to change. btw its called stealth because its the same stealth multiplier as when frames such as loki or ash uses stealth and uses their melee, they will apply that stealth multiplier

think of it as something that needs another color. it's a stealth multiplier. 400% damage ones are colored yellow. crits are also colored yellow. this needs to change. btw its called stealth because its the same stealth multiplier as when frames such as loki or ash uses stealth and uses their melee, they will apply that stealth multiplier

and the numbers going crazy with banshee sonar :)

hZDA69m.jpg

First off let me just say that I love the idea behind the remake and all the stat changes, especially the massive bonus armor that Excalibur recieved.

That being said I cant help but feel like the energy waves during his ultimate should ONLY appear when you channel your melee - currently he is just too strong to even bother doing anything else - plus he currently makes poor Valkyr look like an amateur - though she was supposed to be the ultimate melee raging beast.

Now dont get me wrong here - I absolutely love the remake! No doubt.

But the waves on his ultimate are just way too strong if they appear constantly.

I realize that this may be stepping into a beartrap - but I main Excalibur myself - so trust me when I say its too much.

Please dont hate me fellow Excalibros <3

"edited for clarity"

Edited by True-0okami