Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Would You Be Without The Warframe Youtubers?

blazekan5

Youtubers. Like h3sh0t, shy, AGGPs,Mogamu, MGLblaze and original wicked fun.

I know I would still be wondering what "power" is and how to upgrade mods and what warframes and wepons do.

What would you not know? Sorry for the cliff hanger in the title

no where.. wanna know why!

warframe.wikia.com

why watch a long as hell video that i either have to watch it all the way though or skip to find the part of info i need.

when i can just type into google a certain phrase or code word.. a wiki page/forum/post appears and i get my info no time at all from just reading

Edited by DiBBz

I know I would still be wondering what "power" is and how to upgrade mods and what warframes and wepons do.

What would you not know? Sorry for the cliff hanger in the title.

lemme think....

question invalid bro....

in my case the real question is where would I be WITH them.....

What would you not know? Sorry for the cliff hanger in the title.

i learned everything i knew by the trials of @(*()$ up :)

I think I started around update 7 or 8 and I've yet to watch a single warframe YouTuber. I watch the official channel and that's about it. I use the wiki for drops and that sums up pretty much everything. Learned and experimented on my own all the way.

Of course people keep praising certain weapons and frames on the forums but I only agree once I had a try myself.

you sir forgot the some true legends but uh would miss gayguy D: hes funny but about infos mostly trying it myself cause is the best source and may backing it up with such things of videos but never fully trust those otherswise you ending with build and wasted formas from WF builder someone posted there xD

Call me weird, but I really prefer playing games to watching people on youtube play stuff. I can't stand to watch tutorials and let's plays and what not. No disrespect to the folks watching or uploading that sort of thing, it's just not my cup of tea.

I do make the occasional exception for Mogamu, though. Not really because I want to learn anything, he's just very pleasant to listen to. :P

Never looked up any of these guides. But I remember some people posting guides on the forums and those guides were pretty bad.

If there was anything I didn't know (like the drop locations of new prime parts) I'd just visit wiki.

Wiki is love, wiki is life.

Learned everything on my own. Started out in the beginning of U7, if there was something I wanted to know I'd visit the wiki, as I do with every other game.

I still don't watch any of their videos and still make all builds on my own. Worked quite well so far.

Learning everything on the wiki like I did when I started out, I only started watching some youtubers recently, mostly for amusement cause some of them are really funny, and to get another point of view on things I'm unsure about.

Im watching Mogamu, but not for his builds (i dont have all the mods he is using). I am watching videos like these to see the weapons in action. You cant really see in the shop how good the weapons are, so i take a look on these videos to see how people fight with these weapons, how they try to get the maximum out of them. As a kind of valuation. Sometimes i agree with them, sometimes i dont, but its better to have someone who is showing these weapons than just having some numbers in a menu. The Tenno reinforcement videos are way to short for this and they dont make them for every weapon.

Where i am now without needing to rely on a YTber. All the important early stuff i learned from the friends who got me into the game and the rest i picked up over time by myself and the Wiki.

Ive watched mogamu once when i was bored and away from home while looking at new weapons. Didn't find the stuff in the vids all that useful aswell

I watched PeopleChoiceGaming in the beginning but then switched to Wiki and now I'm here only watching Mogamu because I like him. Can make my own builds (Warframe Builder is OP).

Edited by Alluka

Honestly no warframe youtubers ever added much gameplay wise in my opinion. Most have opinions about gear I disagree with, and all were less helpful than info on wiki to make my own opinions.

Quiette didn't pop up til I was well over 1000 hours but she brought laughs at least. So without warframe youtubers I'd be a little bit more empty.

I press 4 to activate Reading Power and go wiki, then test runs for myself.
Better try and see if I really appreciate something than being told I have to like it.

On the other hand, Mogamu (the only one I know from the list) makes good presentations for a new player who may be reluctant to invest resources and crafting time in something he/she won't like at all.

I would still be exactly where I am. A lot of positions in video games were either earned on my own or with a bit of help from friends. I do not rely on Youtubers, as I personally have a hard time using video guides.

I pretty-much know how I want to mod my own weapons for myself [Min/Max, I love min/maxing]

I do as well. And there's more to it than just numbers. You need to build for stats, but also for the way the weapon will be used. Just as an example, I tend to keep my distance more, so firerate on weapons with travel time is just wasted ammo to me and something I try to go easy on. That's just one of many things.

To the topic in general, I follow four of the five and mod things differently than all of them, for the above reason. Imagine I'd be in the same place.

It's pretty easy to create weapon / frame builds.

Weapons for example, look at the base stats and mod appropriately.

Play around in Simulacrum to test builds against certain factions / level tiers etc.

It really isn't that hard, I also believe just copying builds straight off youtube kind of takes away from the game in terms of trying things out and creating a build all by yourself.

Not that there isnt a place for youtube build videos, some people really enjoy watching them and get some good tips etc.

The premise of your question alludes to us all being absolute idiots without youtube videos to guide us though, and that's just plain wrong.

^This

Not to sound like an elitist, but if you have a basic understanding of how building characters and gearing up in MMORPGs works, Warframe is very easy to understand. I learned almost everything through experimentation with friends and some of the forum's more insightful posts by posters who are no longer around anymore :(

That said, I would recommend H3dshot for new players (after I give them an earful about what makes a weapon or ability strong or not, anyway). He's a little more down-to-earth than the other YT uploaders, and he's usually pretty reasonable about what works and doesn't work against Lv50+ enemies.

Shy is good for a laugh and something to watch before you head out the door, though. Strive for balance in all walks of life, even Warframe.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

They didn't make an impact at all. I played Warframe from so long ago and I recommend that you don't watch them for builds. We've forged the wiki and reforged it so many times to hold everything you need. The community is held up by the community and not some Youtube channels.

Aren't some people like Mogamu a part of the community though?

Anyway I learned most of the things from my clans, myself etc. just watched people like Mogamu to see which frame I'd wanna get next when I was a newbie.